Literally lolling at some of this... (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

I don't seem to remember italia or Tony being so desperate to defend fans of their own team who went to watch CCFC in Northampton?

Nor do I remember them defending the Northampton locals who were apparently in the ground with free tickets.

I wonder why?

skybluetony176

I don't seem to remember italia or Tony being so desperate to defend fans of their own team who went to watch CCFC in Northampton?

Nor do I remember them defending the Northampton locals who were apparently in the ground with free tickets.

I wonder why?

I didn't defend fans that went to Sixfields because I believe they were wrong to do so. You're going to have to point out where I've defended Wasps fans on this thread or any other for that matter.

Norman Binns

I think a more accurate title of this thread would read "Literally desperate to console myself with any crumb of comfort over my bitterness."

italiahorse

I wonder why?

No idea what you are on about.
Most people stayed away for good reasons.
Certainly if that ground was full each week we might still be there.
We all wanted to go and watch our team but thankfully we didn't and it meant we had to come back.

Grendel

I didn't defend fans that went to Sixfields because I believe they were wrong to do so. You're going to have to point out where I've defended Wasps fans on this thread or any other for that matter.

So you condemn the likes of Italia for supporting Wasps in the same way you condemned those for attending sixfields?

skybluetony176

So you condemn the likes of Italia for supporting Wasps in the same way you condemned those for attending sixfields?

I don't think any CCFC fan should be going to a Wasps game. I've said more than once. In fact I've said it more than once today. It's the same principle that kept me away from Sixfields. Nothing has changed there with me. It's not a new found principle unlike yours.

Grendel

I don't think any CCFC fan should be going to a Wasps game. I've said more than once. In fact I've said it more than once today. It's the same principle that kept me away from Sixfields. Nothing has changed there with me. It's not a new found principle unlike yours.

Odd as you on occasions seemed very defensive of Italia.

Sick Boy

No idea what you are on about.
Most people stayed away for good reasons.
Certainly if that ground was full each week we might still be there.
We all wanted to go and watch our team but thankfully we didn't and it meant we had to come back.

Do you not feel any sort of empathy for the Wasps fan who no longer go and watch their club? I work with a couple and they claim the club is now dead to them and they have much the same anger as you did towards those going to Sixfields. Yet your hypocrisy knows no bounds. If no one went to watch Wasps play then maybe the locals would have their club back.

I doubt you care thought because you are obviously selfish and rake it in from your car park. How much was it? A grand a week?

italiahorse

Do you not feel any sort of empathy for the Wasps fan who no longer go and watch their club? I work with a couple and they claim the club is now dead to them and they have much the same anger as you did towards those going to Sixfields. Yet your hypocrisy knows no bounds. If no one went to watch Wasps play then maybe the locals would have their club back.

I doubt you care thought because you are obviously selfish and rake it in from your car park. How much was it? A grand a week?

I repeat. I did not have any anger to those that went to Sixfields.
We didn't have to move there thats why we are back. Sisu used our team for their selfish reasons.

I have sympathy for London Wasps fans who had to travel to Wycombe and now have to travel to Coventry.
Nothing can be done to help those fans that don't want to travel but evidently it means Wasps survival.

We don't have that luxury of moving elsewhere and increasing our fan base, we can't afford a new stadium. We're fukced.
Unless somehow we get to PL and that's a big ask.

Nick

Administrator
We don't have that luxury of moving elsewhere and increasing our fan base, we can't afford a new stadium. We're fukced.
Unless somehow we get to PL and that's a big ask.

So if we could move and increase our fan base it would be ok?

Nick

Administrator
Not for me.
Even moving to Rugby would finish my 48 years of support. Take note Sisu.

So why's it ok for Wasps?

Why was it a bad thing for locals to go to Sixfields and selfish for city fans to go to watch CCFC with a temporary arrangement but not for locals to go and watch Wasps where they moved to target a bigger fan base?

It reminds me of the comments about how city fans would be selfish if they went to watch CCFC if they played at Bermuda park, but the same person couldn't give a shit about where Wasps came from or their fans.

italiahorse

So why's it ok for Wasps?

Why was it a bad thing for locals to go to Sixfields and selfish for city fans to go to watch CCFC with a temporary arrangement but not for locals to go and watch Wasps where they moved to target a bigger fan base?

Who said it was bad for Northampton and Coventry fans to watch Coventry in Northampton? Not me.
It's temporary now we are back ? You knew that ?

Nick

Administrator
Who said it was bad for Northampton and Coventry fans to watch Coventry in Northampton? Not me.
It's temporary now we are back ? You knew that ?

So you didn't make any comments about locals? Didn't you say if you were a local in Northampton you would be too embarrassed to admit going? Think it was around the time of the free ticket witch hunt.

I said all the way through that while it was temporary I would go and the moment it was confirmed as permanent I wouldn't.

italiahorse

So you didn't make any comments about locals? Didn't you say if you were a local in Northampton you would be too embarrassed to admit going? Think it was around the time of the free ticket witch hunt.

I said all the way through that while it was temporary I would go and the moment it was confirmed as permanent I wouldn't.

Sorry can't recollect that or why I would be bothered about locals going.
Did they say it was temporary then ? Wonder what the Sisu long term plan was ?

Nick

Administrator
Sorry can't recollect that or why I would be bothered about locals going.
Did they say it was temporary then ? Wonder what the Sisu long term plan was ?

Yes, it was said at the start it was temporary. It was never announced officially that CCFC would now play their games forever at Sixfields. That would have been the point where I would never have gone, I think a lot of others would have been the same although I can't speak for everyone.

italiahorse

Yes, it was said at the start it was temporary. It was never announced officially that CCFC would now play their games forever at Sixfields. That would have been the point where I would never have gone, I think a lot of others would have been the same although I can't speak for everyone.

So you believed they we were going to build a new stadium ?

Calista

People have been posting for months about the evils of Wasps moving, and I assumed it was out of respect for the traditional Wasps fans, and sorrow for how they had been mistreated. But I was obviously wrong, because on this thread the same people are mercilessly taking the piss out of them and their sporting values.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

We all get suckered in by the troll italia everytime, you would think we would know better by now than to entertain his antics.

italiahorse

We all get suckered in by the troll italia everytime, you would think we would know better by now than to entertain his antics.

The voice of reason ?

I'm trying to be realistic.
I don't believe the hope (Plan ?) that Wasps will fail and then Sisu buy the stadium and rent it back to us for less than £100K and give us all the incomes is realistic.
If the hope is to get the stadium and then sell the team and stadium to someone with Sisu leaving after retrieving there money you are in cloud cuckoo land.
In that respect I have accepted we are where we are and that I will just enjoy the football and try and get into 'Rugby' to see what the buzz is about. (No pun intended).

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
But Sisu said they were never coming back and building a new stadium.
Surely you believed that if you attended ?

No, I believed it was a temporary move as it was never officially announced that we were moving forever was it? Can you link me to the article on the CCFC site announcing we were moved full time to Northampton? Have a look back, I always said while it was temporary I'd go, when it wasn't and it was announced we were there forever I wouldn't.

It is strange how people went mad about SISU being liars etc but they 100% believed that?

italiahorse

No, I believed it was a temporary move as it was never officially announced that we were moving forever was it? Can you link me to the article on the CCFC site announcing we were moved full time to Northampton? Have a look back, I always said while it was temporary I'd go, when it wasn't and it was announced we were there forever I wouldn't.

It is strange how people went mad about SISU being liars etc but they 100% believed that?

This will do me

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-chief-left-ricoh-3869400

stupot07

But that's what you want now ? Or ................. whats the plan ?

No that's not what I want, but I can see no medium to long term future at the Ricoh as wasps tenants. So either wasps fail and are forced to sell at least 50% of acl or we will have to build our own ground be it in 5 years, 10 years or 15 years time.

What I want is for wasps to piss off back to London, and for our football club to own ACL. But you know this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

Ah Tim Fisher,the liar who couldn't lie straight in bed?

As I said, is there an announcement on the CCFC website that we had permanently moved to Sixfields or said we were going to be playing in Rugby, Nuneaton or Hinckley etc?

Surely you mean the Sisu boardroom minutes ?
CCFC are trying to work with Wasps and the last time I spoke to one of Wasps Execs they said they had a good working relationship with the 'Club'. Take that how you want it.

Some of you guys are as delusional in what you see as the way forward.

At some point the club will have to work with Wasps. I just hope that they don't leave it too late.

The stadium was never ours, nothing has changed, we need to work with what we've got and make a fist of it.

These continuous court hearings will finish the club.

italiahorse

No that's not what I want, but I can see no medium to long term future at the Ricoh as wasps tenants. So either wasps fail and are forced to sell at least 50% of acl or we will have to build our own ground be it in 5 years, 10 years or 15 years time.

What I want is for wasps to piss off back to London, and for our football club to own ACL. But you know this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Delusional. Is there a plan B ?

Users who are viewing this thread