Listen To Me Just Hear Me Out (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And what makes you think Robin's cant see it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

He clearly can see it, hence why we've chopped and changed the strikers around so much.

But we've had strikers that have done well before coming here and failed to impress.
We've brought in strikers that've largely failed to impress and done well elsewhere after leaving.

So why have we had so few successes in this department while he's been here?

ccfcway

I don’t want Robins sacked but I think it’s fair to question why we can’t win away.

How is this any different from saying.....” i didn’t want to get rid of burge but it was fair to question why he couldn’t come for crosses or command his box” ?

SlowerThanPlatt

How is this any different from saying.....” i didn’t want to get rid of burge but it was fair to question why he couldn’t come for crosses or command his box” ?

I don’t understand what point you’re taking to make?

Overall I think Robins is doing and has done a good job with the hand he’s been dealt. But you can still question why we’ve gone 12 away games without a win with different personnel from last season.

It’s not if you criticise Robins you want him sacked. We have now fallen out of the play offs and teams are closing in who are in better form and have games in hand, all down to our inability to win away.

SlowerThanPlatt

Great when it works and Poor when it doesn’t. It’s like we are football fans searching for the same as every other team.

Back to the same point I was saying earlier, it comes down to people thinking should he stay or should he go. Set up a poll asking that one question and let’s see people’s thoughts ?

Who has said he should go? Like I’ve said, you can critique without wanting him to go.

clint van damme

He has to start letting us go for it from the off against the bottom teams and we have to keep going for it when we do score to kill games off.

Either that or go for 45 minutes of shithousery once we've got the lead (I prefer your go for it option).
Yesterday was neither one nor the other and we allowed an average side with a very basic game plan to mug us.

Nick

Administrator
The same cautious issues have been there for a good while.

Shrewsbury wanted to win that game, they made positive changes.

We made a forced sub when Biamou got injured.

Genuine question, how many times have we waited to concede before we make a change?

cc84cov

Genuine question, how many times have we waited to concede before we make a change?
Pretty much how it always has been won’t change it until we concede as you say eve when we can all see the way the games heading,did anyone actually think once we went to 1-1 “hold on we are gonna win this” ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Add in to that how many times is it just a like for like swap?

Esoterica

FFS, hes got the best and 3rd best win % of our managers since the 60s or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
And he's managed us at the absolute lowest point we've been since then too and turned a club in free fall around to the point that all the disarray is off-field now and you couldn't say that before. He should have the best win percentage though, even on St Andrews attendances we'd have the 4th biggest home attendance in L2. We're still a sizeable fish in L1 too thanks to the success of our academy - there's not many teams in L1 who could drop 750,000 on a striker, even if it was after sales. I haven't said I want him sacked, just that I think we're close to hitting his ceiling now.

He's never won a title or automatic promotion as a player or manager but has had cup success - I think that shows in the way he manages matches, always set up to not lose and nick a victory on the counter attack.

ccfcway

And he's managed us at the absolute lowest point we've been since then too and turned a club in free fall around to the point that all the disarray is off-field now and you couldn't say that before. He should have the best win percentage though, even on St Andrews attendances we'd have the 4th biggest home attendance in L2. We're still a sizeable fish in L1 too thanks to the success of our academy - there's not many teams in L1 who could drop 750,000 on a striker, even if it was after sales. I haven't said I want him sacked, just that I think we're close to hitting his ceiling now.

He's never won a title or automatic promotion as a player or manager but has had cup success - I think that shows in the way he manages matches, always set up to not lose and nick a victory on the counter attack.

How did Russel slade do when we were at our lowest ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Esoterica

How did Russel slade do when we were at our lowest ?
It's a totally irrelevant point and a completely different set of circumstances. Slade had no pre-season to get his philosophy across, no opportunity to clear the squad out and start over. (Fortunately for us). That said, Slade had a 19% win ratio across his 16 games vs the 20% in Robins last 10.

robbiekeane

You make out that it’s literally some kind of offense to criticise anyone or anything related to the club whether it’s warranted or not. Faith is one thing blind faith is another completely

ccfcway

Awww are you going after that tiny point now because the big bad bullys are daring to criticise??

Tiny point ?. Who said people were
Bully’s ?. This site is really bizarre that the people who are shouted down are the people who are in support of the club and it’s employees.

ccfcway

It's a totally irrelevant point and a completely different set of circumstances. Slade had no pre-season to get his philosophy across, no opportunity to clear the squad out and start over. (Fortunately for us). That said, Slade had a 19% win ratio across his 16 games vs the 20% in Robins last 10.

It’s worst than that, robins has a 0% in his last game

CCFC54321

I personally think with the squad we have were under achieving myself. We continue to pursue this one up front then kiss a fat goodbye to the play offs.

However, I’m 100% sure the quality of forwards at the club will improve come January with a change in formation.

robbiekeane

Tiny point ?. Who said people were
Bully’s ?. This site is really bizarre that the people who are shouted down are the people who are in support of the club and it’s employees.
Yes. Esotericas point was that we should’ve got automatics comfortably in league two with the budget and players and opposition we had that season. Even with current st andrews attendances we would be 4th highest in the league. We also have a competitive budget for league one. As one example of illustrating our budget in league one he said not many can drop 750k on a striker.

Your response to all of that was “do we know for certain we wrote a cheque for 750k” or some nonsense. Shameless straw man and it’s just fun to call out

fernandopartridge

Yes. Esotericas point was that we should’ve got automatics comfortably in league two with the budget and players and opposition we had that season. Even with current st andrews attendances we would be 4th highest in the league. We also have a competitive budget for league one. As one example of illustrating our budget in league one he said not many can drop 750k on a striker.

Your response to all of that was “do we know for certain we wrote a cheque for 750k” or some nonsense. Shameless straw man and it’s just fun to call out
I've got a new avatar for him

latest

ccfcway

You make out that it’s literally some kind of offense to criticise anyone or anything related to the club whether it’s warranted or not. Faith is one thing blind faith is another completely

It’s not an offence at all, feel free to have a go at the club, We are a complete mess.

We are playing in Birmingham, our owners don’t give a shit, the fans don’t care enough to protest at playing in Birmingham, the local council don’t care enough to put anything in their manifesto (to my knowledge). Feel free to criticise, I just don’t get who it’s directed at

cc84cov

Have to agree the league 2 promotion we finished in the last play off place in a league we should of pissed,as said not many teams can lay out £750k on a striker as we have

ccfcway

Sisu will want promotion this season would love to know their views on performances etc

I’d love to know their views on getting back to Coventry, the new stadium, talks with CCC, dates for building....

Can’t get my head around how little the push is to get back to Coventry. It’s so quiet, can’t imagine many other city clubs talking this,

Ironically, I suppose this is what London wasps fans feel like

Last edited:

PVA

Posh director of football Barry Fry said today: “Matt is having a medical now.” When asked if he’d got the £750k Posh had been seeking, Fry replied: “Of course or he wouldn’t be going would he?”

We almost certainly wouldn't have paid 750k up front though.

Probably 750k spread over a few years or something.

SlowerThanPlatt

I’m glad my girlfriend isn’t as fickle as some of you. A couple of weeks ago you were worried Robins would go to Sunderland or Birmingham, he signs a new contract, loses one game and now you want rid. Embarrassing.

I don’t think anyone on here has said they want Robins sacked.

Criticism does not = wanting someone to be sacked

TTG

Biamou is at best a third choice striker at this level. He may have a role in coming on as a sub to mix it up but he’s never going to have enough pace or ability to last 90 minutes but it’s so bad he’s the best we’ve actually got probably in that role
Omfg grendel, really? 6 in 7

Users who are viewing this thread