Liquidation (3 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

prestonkh.jpg

shmmeee

No but I would bet limited companies behind clubs change without people even realising most of the time. Nobody supports a limited company.

If 10,000 city fans went to support cov United it doesn't mean I'd go thinking it was the new ccfc.

Ah got ya, you’re on about a name change. Yeah I’d agree with that. But CCFC going into liquidation doesn’t have to mean a name change does it?

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

And that's the issue. There's a growing band of fans who don't want to keep the CURRENT club alive, it's almost if.....they want us to be liquidated. Surely not!
I think the only people who would liquidate CCFC is Sisu, hasn’t Seppala threatened already to do this? Why would liquidation therefore be down to anyone else but them? So the Trust and Sisu now conspiring together to get rid of CCFC? As I said, if this happens it will be down to Sisu and the Trust and other fan groups would be left to pick up the pieces. Those that think the real CCFC is dead would have no reason to moan or protest if the rest of us don’t see it that way. A team that plays in Coventry, in Sky Blue and has Coventry City in their name, supported by the bulk of our fans would morally and spiritually still be the same club to me. If Sisu carry on as they are, this may be the only option left. Better that than to disappear completely.

torchomatic

I think the only people who would liquidate CCFC is Sisu, hasn’t Seppala threatened already to do this? Why would liquidation therefore be down to anyone else but them? So the Trust and Sisu now conspiring together to get rid of CCFC? As I said, if this happens it will be down to Sisu and the Trust and other fan groups would be left to pick up the pieces. Those that think the real CCFC is dead would have no reason to moan or protest if the rest of us don’t see it that way. A team that plays in Coventry, in Sky Blue and has Coventry City in their name, supported by the bulk of our fans would morally and spiritually still be the same club to me. If Sisu carry on as they are, this may be the only option left. Better that than to disappear completely.

I'm not saying otherwise. I am saying there are some - the Trust? - to whom liquidation is the preferred option.

Calista

A team that plays in Coventry, in Sky Blue and has Coventry City in their name, supported by the bulk of our fans would morally and spiritually still be the same club to me. .
We obviously must also maintain a legitimate claim to our history whatever happens, but beyond that I am not too hung up on details or legal shenanigans.
It's interesting to think that the whole Sky Blues thing was a fabrication of the 1960's, showing that new traditions can be built pretty much from scratch. It came along with a load of hype and gimmicks that I dare say some supporters disapproved of. If everyone back then had shunned Jimmy Hill and insisted that they could never follow anyone but the Bantams, what would have happened? The thing is, he produced a club and a team that represented the city and that people could get behind and be proud of.

Irish Sky Blue

I'm not saying otherwise. I am saying there are some - the Trust? - to whom liquidation is the preferred option.
I can’t see why any City fan would want liquidation. As the Trust are simply a group of City fans who follow home and away, I can’t see why they would want it either. They certainly have no control or input into the process.

Nick

Administrator
I can’t see why any City fan would want liquidation. As the Trust are simply a group of City fans who follow home and away, I can’t see why they would want it either. They certainly have no control or input into the process.
Apart from the ones who boycott, right?

chiefdave

Halifax, Chester, Newport all still exist.
Halifax Town ceased to exist in 2008 and lost Football Conference membership.
FC Halifax Town was then formed, a new club, and placed in the Northern Premer League Division 1 North.
They have yet to regain FL status.

Chester ceased to exist in 2010 and lost Football Conference membership.
Chester FC was then formed, a new club, and placed in the Northern Premier League Division 1 North.

Newport Country ceased to exist in 1989 and lost Football Conferance membership.
Newport AFC was then formed, a new club, and placed in the Hellenic Football League.
It took them over 20 years to regain FL status.

There seems to be this idea the club can reform in a lower league and in a couple of years be back at our current level, that won’t happen. There’s not many success stories from clubs that have tried that route.
I find this whole “if it’s not exactly the same organisation it’s NOTHING TO ME!!” A little dramatic.
Be realistic, can you see thousands turning up for non league football every week. Let alone the matter of where a new club would play, quite possibly outside the city.

NorthernWisdom

Halifax Town ceased to exist in 2008 and lost Football Conference membership.
FC Halifax Town was then formed, a new club, and placed in the Northern Premer League Division 1 North.

Chester ceased to exist in 2010 and lost Football Conference membership.
Chester FC was then formed, a new club, and placed in the Northern Premier League Division 1 North.

Newport Country ceased to exist in 1989 and lost Football Conferance membership.
Newport AFC was then formed, a new club, and placed in the Hellenic Football League.
It took them over 20 years to regain FL status.

There seems to be this idea the club can reform in a lower league and in a couple of years be back at our current level, that won’t happen. There’s not many success stories from clubs that have tried that route.

Be realistic, can you see thousands turning up for non league football every week. Let alone the matter of where a new club would play, quite possibly outside the city.
CCFC ceased to exist when they were wound up, and Otium bought the rights to the name.

Again, the curse of literalism strikes, completely flying in the face of the arguments made as to why the club is not SISU!

Nick

Administrator
CCFC ceased to exist when they were wound up, and Otium bought the rights to the name.

Again, the curse of literalism strikes, completely flying in the face of the arguments made as to why the club is not SISU!
Ccfc didn't cease to exist. That's the difference else there would be no name to buy.

Otherwise it would mean a takeover means it ceases to exist.

chiefdave

No they didn’t. The assets that constitute the football club, including FL membership, were transferred to a new company prior to the old company being liquidated.

Coventry City now is exactly the same club. There was no break, the players and manager didn’t all walk away, we didn’t lose league membership and we didn’t reform under a different name.

Grendel

They didn’t - that’s an incorrect analysis

letsallsingtogether

Careful they are all out on the attack. ;)

letsallsingtogether

Apart from the ones who boycott, right?
How many is that then?
Torch making a generalisation that they all want it just to win an arguement.
You would say I was making things up if I had made that comment.

Funny how people are already trying to find someone else to blame just incase it happens.

Nick

Administrator
How many is that then?
Torch making a generalisation that they all want it just to win an arguement.
You would say I was making things up if I had made that comment.

Funny how people are already trying to find someone else to blame just incase it happens.
Or pointing out the people who would want it.

I doubt every trust board member.

Like I said, I can see why it would be pushed by certain people involved with the trust. The same as the "get them into admin and pick up the pieces" speech.

Irish Sky Blue

Who? People who want to preserve the club and it's heritage?
That’s everyone isn’t it? Who are the fans who want liquidation? Who are the Trust board members who want us to go bust? I don’t think the few people on here attacking the Trust are the only ones who want the club to survive, do you? It is the notion that because the Trust were the only fan group not to sign up to the recent statement (a mistake on their part I think, although I understand why they didn’t do it) that they are now the enemy of the club. The notion is now being put about that they would welcome liquidation due to some half cocked notion that they want control of the club. The only people threatening our future are Sisu and Wasps with the former the only ones who can bring about liquidation.

Nick

Administrator
That’s everyone isn’t it? Who are the fans who want liquidation? Who are the Trust board members who want us to go bust? I don’t think the few people on here attacking the Trust are the only ones who want the club to survive, do you? It is the notion that because the Trust were the only fan group not to sign up to the recent statement (a mistake on their part I think, although I understand why they didn’t do it) that they are now the enemy of the club. The notion is now being put about that they would welcome liquidation due to some half cocked notion that they want control of the club. The only people threatening our future are Sisu and Wasps with the former the only ones who can bring about liquidation.
It's the notion that somebody at one of their meetings was up at the front telling members that if the club goes into adminstration the pieces could be picked up.

It's the notion of boycotting and abusing people who buy season tickets.

It's the notion of lurking around other parties like Haskell and ACL in the hope it happens.

Again, not all trust board members. Nowhere near, which ruins it for the others like CJ and moz.

clint van damme

I'm not talking about the trust but there were a lot of people pushing the liquidate and start again agenda a while ago and it seems to be back in vogue now in some quarters

Irish Sky Blue

I'm not talking about the trust but there were a lot of people pushing the liquidate and start again agenda a while ago and it seems to be back in vogue now in some quarters
I think it is only a last resort to resurrect the club if Sisu do pull the trigger. I know from a Trust meeting I attended some years ago that they had plans in place if the worst came to the worst. I would have thought that that is how things ought to be. I have honestly never heard anyone say that liquidation is a goal.

As for comments elsewhere, I have never heard season ticket holders abused by other Trust members. Trust members post on here are season ticket holders as am I. I would assume that most people who go to Trust events are ST holders. I have never heard any criticism.

NorthernWisdom

Ccfc didn't cease to exist.
But they did... if you want to go the pathetioc, pedantic literalist route that this goes, the entity that was CCFC was wound up. Continually telling me no doesn't alter that, it just shows that it's all about the literalist, finest interpretation, and to hell with the bigger picture!

Anyway, who gives a fuck about fans of Newport erh! Or Chester! They don't count. What matters is winning a minor point of pedantry rather than trying to grasp the wider picture!

Nick

Administrator
I think it is only a last resort to resurrect the club if Sisu do pull the trigger. I know from a Trust meeting I attended some years ago that they had plans in place if the worst came to the worst. I would have thought that that is how things ought to be. I have honestly never heard anyone say that liquidation is a goal.

As for comments elsewhere, I have never heard season ticket holders abused by other Trust members. Trust members post on here are season ticket holders as am I. I would assume that most people who go to Trust events are ST holders. I have never heard any criticism.
See the response to Tim fisher thread. Of course not every single person but it's the point I make that some ruin it for others by being like that.

It's the same as the sniping at what juggy has done

Nick

Administrator
But they did... if you want to go the pathetioc, pedantic literalist route that this goes, the entity that was CCFC was wound up. Continually telling me no doesn't alter that, it just shows that it's all about the literalist, finest interpretation, and to hell with the bigger picture!

Anyway, who gives a fuck about fans of Newport erh! Or Chester! They don't count. What matters is winning a minor point of pedantry rather than trying to grasp the wider picture!

That was just the limited company behind it though wasn't it? They will change all the time behind the scenes. I bet half the time the fans don't even realise.

A limited company could be called anything pretty much.

It's not being pedantic to say they aren't the same club as before. Yes some of their fans may be behind it but it isn't the same club.

If we start a new one, it won't be much different to cov United with thousands of city fans going to support them.

NorthernWisdom

It really isn't though, is it?

Find me this groundswell of opinion that says it. Even the OP here doesn't say it, and was clarified further after that. It's a stupid argument that sees us sleepwalk into oblivion because people are too busy deciding what the club means to them is the only definition that's allowed!

clint van damme

It really isn't though, is it?

Find me this groundswell of opinion that says it. Even the OP here doesn't say it, and was clarified further after that. It's a stupid argument that sees us sleepwalk into oblivion because people are too busy deciding what the club means to them is the only definition that's allowed!

Isn't it?
I didn't mention ground swell and I think that would be an exaggeration but as the clock starts to run down on a deal you hear it mentioned more and more.
And by mentioned, I mean mentioned in the context of being a solution not a possibility.
"Oh well, liquidate and start again" - crazy talk!

ccfctommy

See the response to Tim fisher thread. Of course not every single person but it's the point I make that some ruin it for others by being like that.

It's the same as the sniping at what juggy has done

I missed this. Who has said what about Juggy?

NorthernWisdom

Isn't it?
I didn't mention ground swell and I think that would be an exaggeration but as the clock starts to run down on a deal you hear it mentioned more and more.
And by mentioned, I mean mentioned in the context of being a solution not a possibility.
"Oh well, liquidate and start again" - crazy talk!
It's mentioned because as no solution looms, the final solution becomes more possible.

Users who are viewing this thread