Liquidation (1 Viewer)

Calista

Newport’s club website has a hall of fame spanning the eras of “both” clubs, and their statement about the importance of distinguishing between the old and new clubs comes over more like an afterthought or disclaimer. Clearly they have no problem in regarding themselves as the rightful owners of their long history, and nor does anyone else. If you look at other sources such as Wikipedia and various football stats sites they hardly bother making the distinction, and their list of honours covers their entire history from the early 20th Century to today. “Old” Newport County and “New” Newport County are both Newport County and it would be grossly unfair to take that away from them.

However, the long years of hell they had to go through to get back to where they are is a lesson for us all. Liquidation would be a very bad outcome, with no guarantees whatsoever.

btw I don’t think anyone on here is remotely thick – we have all been pitched into a moral minefield not of our making, and it’s bloody hard to make sense of it or see a way through. Presented with the same information and the same scenarios, it’s not surprising that we differ in interpretation.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Wasnt that bad used to drink there on a Wednesday when I was at Henley college during my apprenticeship.
So that's why it went down hill. LOL

giphy.gif

mark82

So if every city fan went to watch cov United it makes them ccfc? Not to me it doesn't.

Jesus Christ. That is completely different Nick. Coventry United are a completely different club, you may as well say we all go and support Manchester United. I'm not sure why you think it's the same.

If you were a Wimbledon fan, what would you consider your club?

It would be very strange if you thought the only important thing about the club is the legal entity, and not the fans, colours, history, etc. And before you say it, no-one can take that history away. We are the ones who experienced it.

mark82

How is it insulting? If you look at the websites of the clubs it has happened to they very clearly state it is not the same club.

No
It's you that is failing to grasp a very simple point. If we are liquidated that is it, the club that was managed by Jimmy Hill, that won the FA Cup no longer exists.

Using your logic if the Sky Blue Trust said Coventry United is to be the continuation as they were formed as a protest club and have close links to the trust then Coventry City would now be called United and play in red.

What happen if someone starts AFC Coventry and someone else starts Coventry AFC, which is the continuation of Coventry City?

Two very unlikely scenarios but the first is not, and never would be, CCFC - they are Coventry United. If 2 clubs are formed then I'd probably go with what best matched CCFC to me (and possibly whichever was the recognised club by the FA/Football League/Conference as the rightful continuation and given the clubs place in the football pyramid, albeit 2 levels below).

Grendel

No

Two very unlikely scenarios but the first is not, and never would be, CCFC - they are Coventry United. If 2 clubs are formed then I'd probably go with what best matched CCFC to me (and possibly whichever was the recognised club by the FA/Football League/Conference as the rightful continuation and given the clubs place in the football pyramid, albeit 2 levels below).

What if Tim fisher purchased the club and we started in the southern league premier?

clint van damme

We've already been liquidated. That entity no longer exists.

Why people want to deny others the right to follow Coventry City I find very odd indeed.

We've never had to restart the club and apply to the FA for a place in a lower league.
Our players contracts have never been invalidated and the players free to join other clubs - that is what happened when a club is liquidated.
I appreciate the liquidation you are referring to but it wasn't the club.
We would not have remained in the football league if it was.

Grendel

Let's be straight, the only reason we were allowed to is because the football league cocked up.

No it isn’t at all the club were not liquidated

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The legal entity that was "Ccfc" was formed in 1907. Known as the Coventry city football club limited. It subsequently was split in two when Ccfc holdings and Ccfc limited were formed in 1995. The original company becoming Ccfc holdings sharing the same company number.

Ccfc Ltd , formed in1995, was liquidated in 2015 following the Sisu planned administration, and moving its assets to otium. Ccfc was by then a shell nothing more. The golden share which had been held in suspense during the insolvency was transferred by the EFL to otium under the terms of the administration sale from Ccfc Ltd years before any liquidation.

What was actually the original company, Ccfc holdings, transferred all its rights etc that it had remaining to otium using the group structure established by Sisu. This company then also became a shell and was liquidated June 2014. ( before Ccfc Ltd )

In a company law sense then the original Ccfc was liquidated in two parts by 2015. However that happened some time after the rights, privileges, trademark of being the club were sold or transferred to otium. The club which is much more than company law to the fans was therefore continued without break.

Not sure I can put this any clearer. The club continues the original legal entity doesnt

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The EFL said they made administrative errors registering players to the wrong company. I have wondered about that and how the club Secretary made the original error by producing applications for the wrong company that the EFL accepted in error. At a time of all that insolvency planning going on, it must helped that planning surely? ...... but it's water under the bridge now.

Whether Ccfc was liquidated is irrelevant. Ccfc exists in law as otium and in the hearts or minds of the fans. Legally and to the fans there is a continuation under a different ownership name. It certainly doesn't help solve the current stadium crisis

lapsed_skyblue

The process of liquidation also meant that SISU did not have to submit outstandinmg accounts. Such accounts might well have revealed when and how assets were transferred between the comnpanies. The EFL could well have been happy about that not coming out too.
We still don't know SISU's real objectives or the preparations that they have already made for the next step in whatever path they are following.
The last time round administration was used to break the stadium rental deal with ACL. This time round perhaps it will be the exposure to paying legal fees to the other parties should the legal challenges come to an end.
Liquidation also has the advantage of limiting the scope for any investigation into any irregularities.

Users who are viewing this thread