Liquidation (1 Viewer)

mark_ccfc

Just a thought,

Everyone seems to think that liquidation would be the end game for the club, however Nuneaton went into liquidation in 2008, but the club reformed almost immediately. They had to change name of course (they reverted from Nuneaton Borough to their old name of Nuneaton Town) but they still play at the same ground and are still seem to be considered the same team. I know it's not the best source but here is the entry from Wikipedia:-

"Following the club's liquidation, the club reformed, this time as Nuneaton Town. The new club was forced (at the insistence of the FA) to revert to its former name of Nuneaton Town."

As I say - just a thought.

christonabike

Fook sake there is a game on incase you didn’t know.
Wipe the dribble off your chin relax and save up for a ticket.

D

Deleted member 2477

Just a thought,

Everyone seems to think that liquidation would be the end game for the club, however Nuneaton went into liquidation in 2008, but the club reformed almost immediately. They had to change name of course (they reverted from Nuneaton Borough to their old name of Nuneaton Town) but they still play at the same ground and are still seem to be considered the same team. I know it's not the best source but here is the entry from Wikipedia:-

"Following the club's liquidation, the club reformed, this time as Nuneaton Town. The new club was forced (at the insistence of the FA) to revert to its former name of Nuneaton Town."

Just a thought but id rather talk about the game and win than be a doom and gloom merchant

mark_ccfc

Go and support cov United if that's what you want!

Get over to the match thread and get involved rather than trying to preach the benefits of the club being killed off while a match is on.

I'm not preaching the benefits of the club being killed off, just setting the record straight.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not preaching the benefits of the club being killed off, just setting the record straight.
You have just copied and pasted from Wikipedia about Nuneaton making out liquidation isn't that bad as a game was kicking off?

Probably in the wrong place to try and push that.

clint van damme

Just a thought,

In the words of Bricktop - "what have I told you about thinking? You'll get yourself in trouble."

mark_ccfc

You have just copied and pasted from Wikipedia about Nuneaton making out liquidation isn't that bad as a game was kicking off?

Probably in the wrong place to try and push that.

Fair play to the timing - apologies. I thinks it's a valid issue to discuss at some point though.

Liquidation would be close to disastrous, it would mean demotion at the very least and changing the name of the club.
However it is not the complete disappearance of the club as some have said.

That being said I think the latest dealings will result in another 12 month deal as before.

mark_ccfc

Technically not, it was a 2 division relegation. I know I'm splitting hairs a bit though.

Quoting the same article:-

"Falling foul of regulations regarding football finance, the new club was demoted two divisions from Conference North to Southern League Division One."

Grendel

Quoting the same article:-

"Falling foul of regulations regarding football finance, the new club was demoted two divisions from Conference North to Southern League Division One."

You sound like that clueless twat from The Jimmy Hill Way

ccfcway

Gotta be a wind up.

You should have been on the match thread complaining about a misplaced pass by Shipley or the fact we didn’t break Southend down in the first half

covcity4life

Gotta be a wind up.

You should have been on the match thread complaining about a misplaced pass by Shipley or the fact we didn’t break Southend down in the first half
Bet u were on top of world during 9 gsme losing streak. U luv cov losing

mark_ccfc

It's not a wind up, I don't sound like any clueless twat, I wasn't happy on a 9 run losing streak. The possibilities from here in order of likelyhood (In my opinion) are:-

Wasps give us another 12 month contract - we are on the same merry-go-round as we are now.
Wasps don't give us a contract and we move to another ground a-la Northampton
Wasps don't give us a contract and we go into liquidation.

Liquidation is very unlikely, it would cause a major headache for the EFL, there will be enormous pressure form many parties for this not to happen. But whenever liquidation is mentioned everyone runs round saying the club will die, there will be no games to watch, I was just pointing out that is not necessarily true and quoting an example. Admittedly Nuneaton are a far smaller club, and probably not the best comparison, but nonetheless are an example. They have even taken back their original name from before liquidation.

Nick

Administrator
It's not a wind up, I don't sound like any clueless twat, I wasn't happy on a 9 run losing streak. The possibilities from here in order of likelyhood (In my opinion) are:-

Wasps give us another 12 month contract - we are on the same merry-go-round as we are now.
Wasps don't give us a contract and we move to another ground a-la Northampton
Wasps don't give us a contract and we go into liquidation.

Liquidation is very unlikely, it would cause a major headache for the EFL, there will be enormous pressure form many parties for this not to happen. But whenever liquidation is mentioned everyone runs round saying the club will die, there will be no games to watch, I was just pointing out that is not necessarily true and quoting an example. Admittedly Nuneaton are a far smaller club, and probably not the best comparison, but nonetheless are an example. They have even taken back their original name from before liquidation.
Liquidation is pushed because the trust and those around think it will be a chance for them to run the club. The same as trying to force the admin was pushed.

Nuneaton are hardly in a great position are they?

As said, if you want to support a club that isn't Coventry city in the lower leagues then sphinx or cov United are there already.

mark_ccfc

Liquidation is pushed because the trust and those around think it will be a chance for them to run the club. The same as trying to force the admin was pushed.

Nuneaton are hardly in a great position are they?

As said, if you want to support a club that isn't Coventry city in the lower leagues then sphinx or cov United are there already.

Why do you keep saying that?

Users who are viewing this thread