Liam Kelly (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

come on. Hamer has faults and isn’t the multi million pound player some claim but he’s a box to box player in a different league to Kelly
I think comparing them, given their different styles of play is not a particularly useful comparison. Kelly and Sheaf to me are competing for the shirt alongside Hamer (especially in away games when we might want more defensive influence than Allen provides)

What is great to see however is that we have played without what has been our first choice paring in the middle for the majority of the season and Sheaf and Kelly have stepped in and played very well. Can only be a good thing and their differing individual assests gives Robins the opportunity to strategically rotate.

The Philosopher

Kelly is a great skipper but some point out that his passing range isn’t so good.

Fair enough, opinions are entitled.

Hamer has sublime talent but has rushesof red mist. He’s young - he will develop.

O’Hare is brilliant, chases and harries, runs at defences and wins free kicks aplenty. He’s young and panics in front of goal (my opinion)

Sheaf is cultured and is improved on last year. He sometimes gets caught in possession but he’s young and hopefully that will be coached out of him.

Look, our young midfielders all have great talent but they have flaws. If those flaws are ironed out they would / will be great great top level players.

Playing alongside Kelly (James to a degree last year) compliments and improves them - letting them develop.

It’s about balance.

shmmeee

It's all fair enough but I think we just need to relax and enjoy the trip we're on.
They're all bleeding great achieving what we're up to.
Not a dig mate and I hope there's nothing outside of the game dragging you down.
However it is just an opinion and they are allowed. 😊

I’m great. I just have opinions on footballers. Mental I know for a football forum.

wingy

Sheaf and Kelly were both excellent today.

One plays number 6, the other plays number 14.

6+14 = 20.

There are 20 teams in the Premier League.

We are going up.

Basic numerology when you think about it.
It's flowing from you and into you so tonight isn't it? 😉

fatso

Hats off to Kelly today, lasted the 90, and added nouse and composure when things could of gone T.U. such a great player to have in the squad

fatso

If we fluke a promotion would you play him in the Prem?
The question should be, could we afford better?
And the answer is, I very much doubt it, if we have to name a 25 man squad, would we really have 25 better players?

shmmeee

The question should be, could we afford better?
And the answer is, I very much doubt it, if we have to name a 25 man squad, would we really have 25 better players?

Could we afford better than Kelly with £135m in our sky rocket? Yeah I’d think so.

steve101

Hamer is technically very good and has the ability to do something extraordinary. Whilst Kelly isn't in this mold, his consistency throughout the game and his decision making and positional awareness is at another level. Very different players and great to have both at the club.

fatso

Could we afford better than Kelly with £135m in our sky rocket? Yeah I’d think so.
Lol, do you honestly think sisu would invest in the team if they have £135m in their pocket 🤣🤣🤣
Trust me, promotion would see them take the return on their investment and get the fuck out of dodge.

D

Deleted member 2477

A lot of people have very short memories. Last week we were all worshiping the new Jamie Allen and how good he was in our midfield. Today he hasnt even been mentioned by posters talking about the new midfield of Kelly

SlowerThanPlatt

A lot of people have very short memories. Last week we were all worshiping the new Jamie Allen and how good he was in our midfield. Today he hasnt even been mentioned by posters talking about the new midfield of Kelly
Maybe because he didn’t play and people are talking about the player in the thread title?

PVA

His passing/use of the ball is definitely his weak point and isn't good enough for the level we're trying to get to.

But, he clearly has many other strengths and qualities. Certain games, like today, those qualities are more important than his passing.

In games we are expected to be the better team and have more possession I think Hamer and Sheaf is the pairing.

In games like today where we're playing a superior team and might not see so much of the ball then Hamer and Kelly is probably the pairing.

But with injuries and suspensions they're all going to get a good crack at it.

Frostie

His passing/use of the ball is definitely his weak point and isn't good enough for the level we're trying to get to.

But, he clearly has many other strengths and qualities. Certain games, like today, those qualities are more important than his passing.

In games we are expected to be the better team and have more possession I think Hamer and Sheaf is the pairing.

In games like today where we're playing a superior team and might not see so much of the ball then Hamer and Kelly is probably the pairing.

But with injuries and suspensions they're all going to get a good crack at it.

That's right, plus Allen's constant energy too.
They're all different players in their own right & allows MR to pick what he sees as the best combination for each game/opponent/scenario.

CCFC54321

For Kelly to come back and put in a performance in his first full 90mins today just shows what type of player he is.

What an example to other younger players in or around the squad. People talk about one day Michael Doyle replacing Robins…. I’d have a sneaky £5 that Liam Kelly will make a good fist of management and possibly at city.

Users who are viewing this thread