Liam Kelly (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

The stat gimps on here suggested he shouldn’t play in this match.

Brilliant in front of the back four enabling Sheaf to have the confidence to push up and play his passing game.

We’ve a young team and having a grown up in the middle settles them and it showed.

Stats gimp here. Said I wouldn’t play him unless we dropped Allen. Which we did.

And just for you, cos I know you love stats, Sheaf played deeper than Kelly on average :p

868E9BAF-DE0D-487F-8AC7-5F8FB94516BC.jpeg

shmmeee

Fair enough. TBH it didn’t seem that way watching the game but the end result worked; Kelly being there helps the younger players.

Just my opinion.

Im not a massive fan of Kelly, but he was alright today, always seems to get a vital block in around the area.

no_loyalty

He is quality, massive influence when he plays.

shmmeee

If I can say maatson and sheaf were excellent then you can say Kelly was too 😉

He was alright. He’s a very limited player on the ball but as I say has a knack for getting in and helping out the defence when we’re under the cosh, works hard. I wouldn’t keep him in ahead of Hamer though.

Thought Dabo was poor today as well TBH. If I was Kane I’d be straight on the phone to Nii Lamptey podcast.

Sky Blue Pete

He was alright. He’s a very limited player on the ball but as I say has a knack for getting in and helping out the defence when we’re under the cosh, works hard. I wouldn’t keep him in ahead of Hamer though.

Thought Dabo was poor today as well TBH. If I was Kane I’d be straight on the phone to Nii Lamptey podcast.
I’ve worked it out dabo only plays second half

harvey098

He’s never going to be sprinting past players but to say he’s limited on the ball is very unfair. I think he uses the ball really cleverly.

He really reminds me of a lower league Henderson in terms of style and role.

Garryb80

Kelly stays in for me especially for away games. The difference he makes defensively is much needed

shmmeee

He’s never going to be sprinting past players but to say he’s limited on the ball is very unfair. I think he uses the ball really cleverly.

He really reminds me of a lower league Henderson in terms of style and role.

Not about dribbling. His pass completion is consistently the worst of all our midfielders. And he doesn’t try particularly hard passes either. It’s either short balls or aimless lumps. He’s a limited footballer who works hard and gets a foot in well and clearly is a decent captain, but pretending he’s on the same level as Hamer, Sheaf or Allen at passing is ridiculous.

shmmeee

First half his options were very limited , rarely given an outlet so very hard for him to stamp his mark on the game

Worst pass completion of the entire team today, even behind Moore which is some achievement.

ccfc92

Fair enough , made more tackles and the same interceptions as sheaf though , so he proved his worth today

Would be interested to see stats on going forward passing, compared to taping around in our own half under no pressure.

shmmeee

Fair enough , made more tackles and the same interceptions as sheaf though , so he proved his worth today

Yeah. Generally I like Dabo a lot, even if his final ball is incredibly frustrating. Was just a bit disappointed with him going forwards today, seemed to lack a bit of fluency.

Users who are viewing this thread