Liam Kelly (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah. Generally I like Dabo a lot, even if his final ball is incredibly frustrating. Was just a bit disappointed with him going forwards today, seemed to lack a bit of fluency.
Different player second half

Sick Boy

The stat gimps on here suggested he shouldn’t play in this match.

Brilliant in front of the back four enabling Sheaf to have the confidence to push up and play his passing game.

We’ve a young team and having a grown up in the middle settles them and it showed.
You’re the one who claimed Robins put Sheaf on against Luton to see if he’d learnt anything 🤡 Unfortunately the clueless lot on here are ignorant to his class.

Evo1883

Robins definitely likes Kelly, talked very well about him after the game

Goes about his business very simply, efficiently and calmly. Still has a lot to offer, but I hope we’re already looking at replacements for when he become less effective (be that a season or two away), as I’m not sure sheaf is the answer.

Evo1883

As Dabo?

Im getting confused here 😂

As Kelly sorry

Ah no dabo struggled first half .. part of the problem was there was very little on for him inside as sheaf and Kelly both stayed too deep which impacted our build up play .
Often had nowhere to go and led to some erratic decision making .

He was alot better second half when we naturally pushed higher up as a team

Sorry I'm still on the Kelly sheaf thing

shmmeee

As Kelly sorry

Ah no dabo struggled first half .. part of the problem was there was very little on for him inside as sheaf and Kelly both stayed too deep which impacted our build up play .
Often had nowhere to go and led ro some erratic decision making .

As I’ve said Kelly is good at getting a tackle in (though Sheaf isn’t far behind) I just think Sheaf is a Championship midfielder on the ball and Kelly isn’t. Sheaf pulled off a couple of progressive passes today that Kelly could only dream of and dribbles with the ball much better. Much more intelligent user of the ball.

Evo1883

As I’ve said Kelly is good at getting a tackle in (though Sheaf isn’t far behind) I just think Sheaf is a Championship midfielder on the ball and Kelly isn’t. Sheaf pulled off a couple of progressive passes today that Kelly could only dream of and dribbles with the ball much better. Much more intelligent user of the ball.

No doubt , and I already expressed concerns about Kelly's ability and questioned wether he could slot in and do a job .

Today for me he was part of that team that demolished Fulham, and we also have to remember this is a Fulham side that have had 20 shots plus in every game this season so far , today reduced to just 12 .

Ash

As Kelly sorry

Often had nowhere to go and led to some erratic decision making .

Sorry I'm still on the Kelly sheaf thing

Agree. Thought defensively he looked a little shaky first half, then again I noticed Fulham seemed to be doubling up on his side when coming forward.

Second half he was much more assured, as the entire team was. People mention his final delivery, but that ball he put in before Maatsen’s goal was brilliant, put their back line right against it for the next phase of play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Hyam has been immense this season. Did I see somebody say he’d changed to a vegan diet?

He did last season and I think the switch may have impacted him quite badly as he looked quite poor for a few months .. probably adapted and now has his diet balanced now

ccfc92

You’re the one who claimed Robins put Sheaf on against Luton to see if he’d learnt anything 🤡 Unfortunately the clueless lot on here are ignorant to his class.

I can see Sheaf's class, but it's his decision making while under pressure that's infuriating.

Played a brilliant ball to set up Maatsen's goal, but allowed his player to go by him and jogged back for the corner that led to their goal.

I'm not sure if he'd be better as a CM/AM to lay balls off/link play rather than be relied on defensively.

EDIT : Having said that, plus my rant the other night, I hope I'm proved wrong on him as we've invested heavily in him (by our standards).

clint van damme

He was alright. He’s a very limited player on the ball but as I say has a knack for getting in and helping out the defence when we’re under the cosh, works hard. I wouldn’t keep him in ahead of Hamer though.

Thought Dabo was poor today as well TBH. If I was Kane I’d be straight on the phone to Nii Lamptey podcast.

He was superb today, I had concerns about his fitness given how long he's been out and why but it wasn't an issue.
The only thing we missed from Hamer was delivery from.set pieces

shmmeee

Strongly disagree. We missed his speed of thought, his vision, his ability to switch play, his ability to beat a man and keep the ball.

I get people like Kelly, but it does lead them to say some ridiculous things. Hamer is a class above as a player, not just because of his set pieces.

Grendel

The argument about Kelly was that we win more with him than not. Well this season we’ve won plenty without him

hamer will play next game - are we saying Kelly above sheaf or Allen? In the odd game maybe but not many if you want to remain on the top half of the league

Grendel

He was superb today, I had concerns about his fitness given how long he's been out and why but it wasn't an issue.

come on. Hamer has faults and isn’t the multi million pound player some claim but he’s a box to box player in a different league to Kelly

SBT

He was very good today. People on here would have you believe he can’t keep the ball, but him and Sheaf were excellent in the second half.

ccfc92

Yeah. Generally I like Dabo a lot, even if his final ball is incredibly frustrating. Was just a bit disappointed with him going forwards today, seemed to lack a bit of fluency.

3 game ban may have been the reason, plus in theory one of the best teams in the league?

You could say final ball is disappointing to about 5 of our players.

slowpoke

Liam Kelly is as good and affective in the 90th minute than the first just gets on with his job nice and quietly. Someone on here yesterday was concerned about us playing a half fit Kelly I can’t wait until when he becomes fully fit.

shmmeee

3 game ban may have been the reason, plus in theory one of the best teams in the league?

You could say final ball is disappointing to about 5 of our players.

Yeah it’s the one thing stopping us from being Norwich or Bournemouth levels of good. And you’re right it does take players a game or two to get back to the level after being out.

Wonder if Dabo will go LWB or RWB against Blackburn with Maatsen out.

JAM See

Sheaf and Kelly were both excellent today.

One plays number 6, the other plays number 14.

6+14 = 20.

There are 20 teams in the Premier League.

We are going up.

Basic numerology when you think about it.

ccfc92

Yeah it’s the one thing stopping us from being Norwich or Bournemouth levels of good. And you’re right it does take players a game or two to get back to the level after being out.

Wonder if Dabo will go LWB or RWB against Blackburn with Maatsen out.

I'd stick Dabo LWB n Kane RWB. Dabo did okay out there vs ('Boro was it?)

clint van damme

Strongly disagree. We missed his speed of thought, his vision, his ability to switch play, his ability to beat a man and keep the ball.

I get people like Kelly, but it does lead them to say some ridiculous things. Hamer is a class above as a player, not just because of his set pieces.

We scored 4 and arguably should have had more.
I'm a Hamer fan, I defended him last season when alot of the weapons on here were slatinghim but we didn't issue him today.

JAM See

Liam Kelly is a poundshop* Jordan Henderson.

Does the right things at the right time. Reads the game well. Is a senior player who the youngsters look up to. Looks after the defense. Helps out the forwards.

Great player.

*I use the term 'poundshop' in the loosest sense, couldn't think of a better adjective to describe a model professional who hasn't played at the highest level.

wingy

Not about dribbling. His pass completion is consistently the worst of all our midfielders. And he doesn’t try particularly hard passes either. It’s either short balls or aimless lumps. He’s a limited footballer who works hard and gets a foot in well and clearly is a decent captain, but pretending he’s on the same level as Hamer, Sheaf or Allen at passing is ridiculous.
It's all fair enough but I think we just need to relax and enjoy the trip we're on.
They're all bleeding great achieving what we're up to.
Not a dig mate and I hope there's nothing outside of the game dragging you down.
However it is just an opinion and they are allowed. 😊

Londonccfcfan

His reading of the game is phenomenal.
Ultimate compliment to Kelly is Hamer should watch him as he can learn to be more effective by expanding less energy by just learning to read the game.
So efficient so good at what he does.

The Philosopher

And I’ll stand by it.

I said that in pretty much the same sentence that he was saving Kelly to come in for Gus today - to which some guffawed.

Context is key, but clown away if it makes you feel good about yourself. Enjoy.

Sheaf is young and on a learning curve. Kelly not so much. The game was lost at 4-0 so my thoughts were that he put Sheaf on to see how he copes in a situation that I doubt he’s been in before in a competitive match.

So. Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread