Lets be realistic (1 Viewer)

Grendel

But tbf the quality of opposition was a lot worse back then, the money in the championship now is so so much more than it was when we were last in it

Was it? Doyle was in £16k a week wasn’t he?

steve cooper

We’re on 8 we could be 7 behind after the next games
Actually looking at the next set of fixtures, if we can beat Birmingham we would still be 21st, but we could be 1 win away from lower mid table.
Most of the teams around us have a tough game coming up next.
2 points separate the 8 clubs above us, if we can beat Brum we should be looking at tagging onto the end of that group.

SlowerThanPlatt

Blues are a decent side, we will still have to be on our game to get a result. They have 1 less point than Blackburn

Brighton Sky Blue

No i didn't. I am open to it staying low as much as I understand it could be high. Silly to pretend its set in 1st week of november

Judt searching for doom and gloom I feel

How? I just went with what most people accept as the total you need to get to have a shout. Believe it or not with this being such a shit year with everything else I’m not sat here begging for a defeat every week.

covcity4life

How? I just went with what most people accept as the total you need to get to have a shout. Believe it or not with this being such a shit year with everything else I’m not sat here begging for a defeat every week.
Way too early to look at what totals will be required.

pusbccfc

We had a far better defence and people drooled over our diamond formation

Defence was better but we still had Clive Platt, David Bell, Nathan Cameron, Connor Thomas and Gary Deegan among many more garbage.

We were down before we'd even started. This season we are performing okay, just the simple mistakes. Surely it's easier to cut out mistakes than it is to beging performing well?

SlowerThanPlatt

Defence was better but we still had Clive Platt, David Bell, Nathan Cameron, Connor Thomas and Gary Deegan among many more garbage.

We were down before we'd even started. This season we are performing okay, just the simple mistakes. Surely it's easier to cut out mistakes than it is to beging performing well?

That doesn’t seem to be the case as the defence have showed little signs of improving over 11 games - it may be the mistakes are the norm rather than something they can cut out.

Brighton Sky Blue

And you just don't like anyone with an opposing view. I come up with counters for yours you come up with whatever

Not true you go on about how if it stays as it is we'll be OK when the PPG would have us overtaken. You then say we can't assume the PPG will be constant. Make your mind up they're contradictory

covcity4life

Not true you go on about how if it stays as it is we'll be OK when the PPG would have us overtaken. You then say we can't assume the PPG will be constant. Make your mind up they're contradictory
Ppg can change for many teams and still have a low overall pt tally to stay up

9 Games in and we are not in relegation zone. Let's see where we are after 18

Grendel

Which to most clubs in the championship now is peanuts 😂

No it isn’t. Millwall have a similar wage bill to ours in the championship last time if you factor in the additional TV revenue which is much higher now

Brighton Sky Blue

More case of most wrote us off yesterday to play so well in phases and come away with nothing after what happened mid week

It was criminal not to win on Tuesday never mind lose it. Yesterday on the balance of play and chances a draw would have been fair but O'Hare's moment of madness in the box late on costs it. Pretty disheartening but the bigger overriding concern is we can't stop conceding silly goals

Grendel

That's why I said most ;)

It isn’t though is it?

Brentford had a fairly modest wage bill when in the top 6, Barnsley, Rotherham and Luton certainly won’t be high either

Out if interest how did we manage to beat Sunderland and Ipswich in the league last season when they have a 6 fold greater wage bill than ours?

mr_monkey

It isn’t though is it?

Brentford had a fairly modest wage bill when in the top 6, Barnsley, Rotherham and Luton certainly won’t be high either

Out if interest how did we manage to beat Sunderland and Ipswich in the league last season when they have a 6 fold greater wage bill than ours?

Brentford, really 😂

Wycombe, Luton, Barnsley and Rotherham would be similar to us but I would guess Luton and Barnsley have players earning more than any of our players

And then you have the rest of the clubs with players earning ridiculous amounts of money

The league is so so different to what it was last time we were in it, which is why if we stay up it will be the best season we have had under robins

Grendel

Brentford, really 😂

Brentford had a wage bill Jess than Sunderland and I’d guess less than Ipswich last season.

How did we finish above them?

mr_monkey

Brentford had a wage bill Jess than Sunderland and I’d guess less than Ipswich last season.

How did we finish above them?

Honestly you think Brentford had less of a wage bill than Ipswich and Sunderland last season, I'd be shocked if that was the case

mr_monkey

Find out before posting like you knew then maybe would of been an idea ? 😝

Just using logic seeing that Brentford did so well, have been in the league for a while and have multi million pound players in their squad

Anyway I thought you didnt speak to "people like me" ;)

cc84cov

Just using logic seeing that Brentford did so well, have been in the league for a while and have multi million pound players in their squad

Haha I know I just couldn’t resist that one 🤣

mark82

Yes the “guidelines” are from the armpit down constitutes hand ball.
In real time 99% of referees will give that penalty yesterday because of the arms in the air.

Yeah, looked nailed on. Just wasn't sure on the new rule. Thanks.

Brighton Sky Blue

Brentford's wage bill last season was £17m, Sunderland's was £12.5m going down to £10m if you take out people being paid who aren't at the club.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread