Les Reid Exclusive INterview with Seppalla.... (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

I think Joy Sceptic Diversion will just peddle her and Fishface's lies regarding Shitzu, Scrotium and the groundshare at Shitfields.

Just a thought.

Chipfat

About time she answered question 6 years to late but coming out now is maybe an admittance TF and others have failed her, i bet she hated doing this but in the end had no other option, done on her terms in her own time.. Lets see what she says, be interesting to see if we get any reaction from other parties involved...Times are changing in my opinion and something has to break or happen soon all parties losing big time no matter the statement her involvement now shows a level of urgency....

ccfcway

Coventry City’s owner Joy Seppala has spoken for the first time about the long running dispute with the council over the Ricoh Arena - in an exclusive interview with the Telegraph.

She faced questions for more than two hours yesterday from our political reporter Les Reid - in her first interview with any media organisation since her company took over the club six years ago.

The pair went head-to-head at the London HQ of her hedge fund, Sisu Capital - where some Sky Blues fans were gathered today for another protest.

The intensely private hedge fund boss spoke about her future plans for the club - and tackled key questions after months of legal challenge and protests.

The full exclusive interview will be in tomorrow’s Coventry Telegraph - across our print and online formats.

Ms Seppala spoke on whether there is any hope of a return to the Ricoh Arena stadium, with the club now playing ‘home’ matches at Northampton Town - in front of the lowest attendances in the club’s history.

The American was grilled over her stated intention to build a new stadium in the Coventry area within five years; over allegations concerning the administration of Coventry City Football Club Limited; and apparent discrepancies and “errors” in the club’s accounts.

She also mentioned how tough it was to leave her role as Jean Slater in Eastenders*

She also spoke on whether the club had a price it would be prepared to accept from any takeover hopeful - who might also seek to buy the Ricoh Arena stadium.

She also spoke at length over plans for investment in Steven Pressley’s team - who are enjoying a good start to their League One campaign - despite losing another ten League points at the start of this season when Sisu company Otium was awarded the League’s golden share, enabling it to continue running the club.

*ok, I added in that bit !

torchomatic

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There is clearly a big PR push going on from the SISU/Club side of things...... is it just to improve relations with the fans or is there something more to it? Thats not a comment on them doing it I just wondered the thinking behind it

Is that woman, I forget her name - ex BBC PR advisor, dealt with Olympic PR - still working with them I wonder?

skyblueinBaku

There is clearly a big PR push going on from the SISU/Club side of things...... is it just to improve relations with the fans or is there something more to it? Thats not a comment on them doing it I just wondered the thinking behind it

Is that woman, I forget her name - ex BBC PR advisor, dealt with Olympic PR - still working with them I wonder?

I think that, initially, they would like to see more people at Sixfields games, OSB.

AFCCOVENTRY

Unbelievable...nearly 8 pages on how Les Reid might report on an article which isn't published yet.

How about wait for the article, read it first and then take things with a pinch of salt as it's clearly a PR campaign by sisu.

CCFC EXCLUSIVE: Political reporter Les Reid last night spent nearly three hours interviewing Sisu boss Joy Seppala at the hedge fund's HQ in London.

In her first ever media interview about the club, she speaks candidly about the stadium row, their current situation at Sixfields, and their hopes for the future.
The full story will be in the Coventry Telegraph tomorrow, but we'll be carrying a short teaser piece on the web later this afternoon.
Watch this space...

Three bleedin hours? Couldn't he just have asked her two simple questions;
1. When do we return to the Ricoh
2. When are SISU likely to do one.

or I am being a little over simplistic.

torchomatic

"How about wait for the article" you say and then dismiss it as PR in the same sentence! Nice one.

Unbelievable...nearly 8 pages on how Les Reid might report on an article which isn't published yet.

How about wait for the article, read it first and then take things with a pinch of salt as it's clearly a PR campaign by sisu.

Sky

The most important thing is definitively getting a definitive answer to the Ricoh situation. Either they will only play at the Ricoh if they have part or whole ownership or they are willing to negotiate a rent deal (unlikely). Then we can actually get some perspective of what the future might hold

DaleM

Nine pages already and it hasn't even been published yet . I think this could be bigger than "PORTSMOUTH WHAT ON EARTH" ;)

shmmeee

So Les Reid writes a very questionable article saying he thinks everyone should give in to Sisu. And now he's got an exclusive interview.

And I'm the only one who doesn't see a coincidence here? Especially with the reports of the Telegraph changing their output after threats from the club to ban them?

Really?

duffer

I'm sure it is mostly about PR, but then it's a bit rich to criticise Joy for speaking to the media after complaining that she never does.

Fwiw, even though I don't always agree with him I think Les Reid is a good interviewer and a straight journo. I suspect he might have drawn more out of JS than she wanted, he certainly did from Greg 'I don't know if they'll build a new stadium' Clarke (the FL bloke, iirc).

duffer

9 pages of backbiting, sniping and accusations, about a report that hasn't even been published yet...how depressing :(

Yep, it depressed me a bit too. So I changed my settings to 100 posts per page. Now I've only got three pages of backbiting, sniping and accusations. Much better. ;)

torchomatic

torchomatic

lordsummerisle

tbf, every chairman since I started to follow the club has threatened to ban the Telegraph, I think, so no great exclusive there either!

The only time I ever bought it was on a Monday anyway(though did get the Thursday "Jobs" edition sent down to me every week before I left the RAF. Had great fun calling about the job advertised as "Network Analist". They got the idea that I wasn't particularly serious(and that the advert may have been misspelt!), when I kept saying that I thought it would be "Right up my alley", "quite liked the smell of it", and "thought that I'd be a good fit for the job").

SonOfSnoz

LR: Do you think the fans have been treated awfully under your ownership?
JS: i only care about my family & investors

LR: where will the new stadium be?
JS: In the Coventry area

LR; will Cyrus Christie be sold in the next window?
JS: every player has a price tag, Cyrus is no different!

LR/Why the constant hold up regarding club accounts?
JS: see my accountant!

End of interview & no photo

Grendel

So Les Reid writes a very questionable article saying he thinks everyone should give in to Sisu. And now he's got an exclusive interview.

And I'm the only one who doesn't see a coincidence here? Especially with the reports of the Telegraph changing their output after threats from the club to ban them?

Really?

I'm sure your main objection is the trust didn't get the exclusive first.

Sky Blues

and so it begins...

I get the feeling some people are very angry about this news. They don't want to hear JS speak, they would rather she remained a distant and mysterious pantomime villain - a faceless hate figure. The moment she comes out of the shadows, speaks or (heaven forbid) is photographed, it becomes that bit more difficult to call her evil, or a 'slag' because she starts to be humanised and there is a danger that all the preconceptions and assumptions are challenged.

Perhaps they won't be. Perhaps she is the forked-tongued shape-shifting reptile many think she is. I think she might just be a woman with a big house and an opinion, but time will tell.

A touch of irony there perhaps?

shy_tall_knight

Exclusive re Les Reid article in CET - nothing new read KingHarvest post no new news just same old rubbish just a thinly disguised plea for fans to go to Northants cos thee club is skint.

chiefdave

will be interesting to see the article tomorrow. hope at some point they can put up a transcript of the whole interview, would hopefully show that Les hasn't gone easy on her / is a SISU puppet / served up easy questions etc.

the things I would like to be reading about tomorrow (more hopeful on some than others!):
what deal would ACL have to offer for CCFC to return to the Ricoh?
how do SISU plan to get a return on their money (and what is their exit strategy / timeframe)?
details of new stadium sites
plans for new stadium
how stadium will be funded and who will own it
something resembling a business plan that shows how we will be better off moving than staying at the Rioch

Not too confident we'll see all of that but you never know. What I really don't want to see is a load of Fisher-esque waffle with no real facts. Also not keen on raking over the past, doesn't help us move forward. The only exception to that would be if there was some gamechanging bombshell that would really change peoples views, as long as there is some evidence to back up any such bombshell.

Users who are viewing this thread