Legal action (2 Viewers)

Legal action

• No the two areas are seperate and Wasps shouldn't be sticking their noses in that area

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Yes, the legal action doesn't help CCFC so if it helps secure the future of the club why not?

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

Kingokings204

I'll say it again... How can we leave something that we never signed up to?

Massively True. A massive reason towards all the resentment. If Scotland hadn't of had their referendum then the uk would be massively under threat but we had a vote and it's to be respected. It's called democracy.

If we vote to remain I won't be happy but at least we had a bloody vote. And it got the nation talking.

Hobo

Forget cars or spin here are some facts. Being in the EU costs us 8.9 billion this year net (go back six years and we were getting back what we paid in).

Talking billions on this site is hard to comprehend.....but it is out of a 700 billion government budget. 8.9 billion is half a per cent of our GDP. Yet Europe is responsible for 57 per cent of our trade. Seems a better deal now?
The exit campaign is littered with things that don't add up e.g. 8.9 billion will save the NHS, British Steele, provide us with free energy, fund British farmers better...8.9 billion is chicken feed!
Then they miss quote Churchill, what soldiers fought for in WW2, what their grandparents voted for.
Nostalgia is worth nothing...it's like wishing Ian Wallace was still in the city squad.

The Great in Great Britain meant suppressing the lower classes in this country and abroad. Those days are gone. Europe and the USA want to form the biggest free trade area in the world. The exit campaign want us to exist outside those negotiations. We might be the 5th largest economy but compared to a collective Europe?
Many like me will have reservations on both side of the fence. However stuff I have seen posted by Britex is farcical and not even relevant..I.e privatisation of the Post Office, collapse of Coal Industry, you drink bottled water abroad because their water isn't clean.
We face the most difficult and impactive vote we will probably ever have.

Please approach information from both sides with caution. City fans more than most should know the dangers of the miss representation of facts by both sides.

Monners

Er, the c word earlier perhaps? Astute , and the managed to have opposing views without falling out - it's nice to be nice :kiss:

NorthernWisdom

In a funny sort of way it might not. As a lot of manufacturers in the UK trade with Europe most material purchases are made in Euros.

If the pound actually declined as forecasted our manufacturing base would undoubtably profit.

Regarding cars specifically if I'm honest I would be surprised if exports were damaged. Certainly net influx of cars into the country far exceed exports to Europe. Not only that but most brands, especially the luxury German ones, make more profit per sale here than mainland Europe,

I'm not being a berexit madman here but just pointing out that is really don't think manufacturing would be harmed. A strong pound is not great for exports.

True, although my point was more any car manufacturing is at the whim of external (non British) forces as it is, so it won't be British interest that keeps it here after a referendum, in or out.

Sky Blue Kid

@ monners... Have a look back at what was said to me before that by NW! He immediately apologised for what he said to me, and I in return apologised for swearing at him... Or didn't you bother to read first?

Astute

In a funny sort of way it might not. As a lot of manufacturers in the UK trade with Europe most material purchases are made in Euros.

I agree with the rest of what you said. But only 6% of British companies export to Europe.

colin101

Forget cars or spin here are some facts. Being in the EU costs us 8.9 billion this year net (go back six years and we were getting back what we paid in).

Talking billions on this site is hard to comprehend.....but it is out of a 700 billion government budget. 8.9 billion is half a per cent of our GDP.

As my Granny said Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves...And every penny counts.. So £8.9 billion is insignificant well not to me

Astute

And one point that seems to be ignored by the remain voters. We import a lot more than we export. Especially Germany. Germany seem to have the biggest say in Europe. They may make the noise of us needing to stay. But would they bite their nose off to spite their face?

armybike

The UK would need access to the single market and would therefore keep the free movement of people.

I'm not sure what that's got to do with the post I made to be fair.

Grendel

Why?

It's funny Grendel, I said this and many people shot me down. Look what they did in Greece and closer to home in Ireland. What price democracy hey.

We are totally tied into Europe. It would take 4 to 5 years to get independent. By then we would get several concessions to stay and so would have the opportunity to reverse the decision.

I can assure you Alexander Johnson would not be standing there side by side with the Tory lunatics who want to leave otherwise. It must take days for his stylist to make him look that way every day that's who I feel sorry for,

There is some right load of old crap spoken on here about this.

The Johnson man of the people thing is right up there. If such a thing exists that would be Gove who is an odd ball as well but probably the only real Tory left in the party.

The notion it's the silver spoon bunch who want to stay in is a bit odd as well. I don't see Iain Duncan Smith as a working class hero.

It's a bunch of opportunists.

I am voting out as I know we aren't going out but even a close vote should be good enough to end Cameron's miserable leadership.

What on earth was he doing letting people have a vote on such a complex issue as this really? Just to try and win a few election votes of UKIP

This thread is like a day out in Basildon. Full of idiots who believe immigration, benefits, housing benefits are actually impacting us. It's xenophobic hogwash and the type of nonsense that's id expect from the Essex White Van man culture.

To allow some of the ignorant thickos on here a vote on such an issue is laughable and Cameron should be ashamed.

Still we won't be leaving.

Astute

True, although my point was more any car manufacturing is at the whim of external (non British) forces as it is, so it won't be British interest that keeps it here after a referendum, in or out.
Cars made here are seen as British exports. So the trade gap could be seen as even bigger than it is if we look at it as what country owns what.

Kingokings204

We are totally tied into Europe. It would take 4 to 5 years to get independent. By then we would get several concessions to stay and so would have the opportunity to reverse the decision.

I can assure you Alexander Johnson would not be standing there side by side with the Tory lunatics who want to leave otherwise. It must take days for his stylist to make him look that way every day that's who I feel sorry for,

The Johnson man of the people thing is right up there. If such a thing exists that would be Gove who is an odd ball as well but probably the only real Tory left in the party.

The notion it's the silver spoon bunch who want to stay in is a bit odd as well. I don't see Iain Duncan Smith as a working class hero.

I am voting out as I know we aren't going out but even a close vote should be good enough to end Cameron's miserable leadership.

What on earth was he doing letting people have a vote on such a complex issue as this really? Just to try and win a few election votes of UKIP

This thread is like a day out in Basildon. Full of idiots who believe immigration, benefits, housing benefits are actually impacting us. It's xenophobic hogwash and the type of nonsense that's id expect from the Essex White Van man culture.

To allow some of the ignorant thickos on here a vote on such an issue is laughable and Cameron should be ashamed.

So why are you voting leave?

Astute

It depends who you mean by us.

Personally it doesn't affect me. I own my own house. I get treated privately. But are you trying to say that nobody is affected? As I said earlier I am voting leave for my kids and not for me. I want us as a country to make our own decisions. I don't want them to be made by others not voted in by anyone. I want to have the right to vote out whoever is making the decisions for us.

Sick Boy

Considering the above, why are you voting out?

Sick Boy

It depends who you mean by us.

Personally it doesn't affect me. I own my own house. I get treated privately. But are you trying to say that nobody is affected? As I said earlier I am voting leave for my kids and not for me. I want us as a country to make our own decisions. I don't want them to be made by others not voted in by anyone. I want to have the right to vote out whoever is making the decisions for us.

The notion that countries in the EU are unable to make their own laws is absurd. Can you explain why it is that law is different in each EU country? Why did you claim earlier that the UK is the only country try in Europe with reliable drinking water?

Sick Boy

Oh yes, Italy the county the EU decided couldn't manage it's financial affairs. Just checked current unemployment rates as of April 2016 is 11.7% as measured by National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT).

Luckily for them they don't use zero hour contracts on the same scale as the UK to water down the unemployment figures.

Sky Blue Kid

For some bizarre reason some seem to think that Johnson, Gove and IDS will provide a better future for their children. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
Why should you worry? You've already said you and your girlfriend will be off.

Sky Blue Kid

The notion that countries in the EU are unable to make their own laws is absurd. Can you explain why it is that law is different in each EU country? Why did you claim earlier that the UK is the only country try in Europe with reliable drinking water?
Can you explain why the EU can contradict UK law then? If something happens in the UK but EU tell us "You can't do that or you can't do this.

Astute

Because as usual you only read what you wanted.

I replied to a post that said the NHS is helped here as we don't get Ill because of the quality of our drinking water. And that it was down to the EU. Yet how many countries in the EU have safe drinking water? But you failed to see the post I quoted and tried to take the piss out of my reply.

Any chance of having a debate for once where you are not after point scoring?

shmmeee

I'm undecided/probably Remain, but this is still spin. Both sides should stay away from the cost argument as it can be spun so many ways it's next to useless. It's a valid point that money spent for us is not equal to money that never leaves our shores, so talking of a net figure is spin. It's the same with forecasts about the future. I saw one wages forecast, I think from the TUC, that said "by 2030, wages will have dropped by X amount". There's no economist on earth who can accurately predict shit 15 years out.

Ultimately, it comes down to immigration and whether you want us to tie our fortunes to Europe. We'll probably be fine either way.

Astute

We can make our own laws. But the EU can change them if they want. We have to follow their rules and laws.

Astute

Ultimately, it comes down to immigration and whether you want us to tie our fortunes to Europe. We'll probably be fine either way.
If you are doing OK now you will most probably be OK whichever way it goes. But if you are on your arse or just starting out you will most probably be better off if we leave.

Astute

Out of curiosity, what happens if we don't? Do we get fined? Kicked out the club? Invaded?
Depends how bad what it is that we do. Could be financial. Could be sanctions. Rebates could be stopped. They make a lot of it up as they go along.

Users who are viewing this thread