Legal action (3 Viewers)

Legal action

• No the two areas are seperate and Wasps shouldn't be sticking their noses in that area

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Yes, the legal action doesn't help CCFC so if it helps secure the future of the club why not?

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

Sky Blue Kid

Sick Boy.... Why shouldn't we become another(In immigration terms) Australia? You go to Australia, you work, or bugger off. No Benefits full stop. How quickly would the "Benefit seekers" turn round at Calais? Before anybody tries to play the "Race card" It's purely on economic grounds my statement is made.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy.... Why shouldn't we become another(In immigration terms) Australia? You go to Australia, you work, or bugger off. No Benefits full stop. How quickly would the "Benefit seekers" turn round at Calais? Before anybody tries to play the "Race card" It's purely on economic grounds my statement is made.
The Australian model is for a country that wants immigration and wouldn't work here; they actually want working migrants to there. The overwhelming majority of migrants from the EU come here to work and pay taxes.

Those bebefit seekers you talk about have nothing to do with the EU and would come here regardless.

I can't see Britain suddenly deporting illegal immigrants enmasse to their country of origin either.

Astute

The Australian model is for a country that wants immigration and wouldn't work here; they actually want working migrants to there. The overwhelming majority of migrants from the EU come here to work and pay taxes.
We want and need people to come to our country. What we don't need is unlimited amounts coming in without skills we need. The more unskilled that come in the more skilled we have to find. And the infrastructure isn't in place for those that are already here. But you want to leave the borders open. And you have not come up with any point other than your partner came from the EU. All you have done is try to discredit points raised. Just like what the remain/leave politicians have. And you have agreed that it has been poor because of it.

Sky Blue Kid

Those bebefit seekers you talk about have nothing to do with the EU and would come here regardless.

I can't see Britain suddenly deporting illegal immigrants enmasse to their country of origin either.

That's why the Australian Government turn back "Refugee Boats" before they land on their shores is it?

Sky Blue Kid

Yet you don't care, and want our borders to stay open? Don't you care about our own poor and needy then?

robbiekeane

We want and need people to come to our country. What we don't need is unlimited amounts coming in without skills we need. The more unskilled that come in the more skilled we have to find. And the infrastructure isn't in place for those that are already here. But you want to leave the borders open. And you have not come up with any point other than your partner came from the EU. All you have done is try to discredit points raised. Just like what the remain/leave politicians have. And you have agreed that it has been poor because of it.
Is this the case at the moment?

Strange. When its a freezing cold morning in September, there aren't many English people queing up to clean my car for a fiver

Sick Boy

That's why the Australian Government turn back "Refugee Boats" before they land on their shores is it?

Hopefully that would never happen here. It also has nothing to do with having an Australian style immigration system. Those arriving on boats would come here regardless of being in the EU or not.

Sick Boy

Yet you don't care, and want our borders to stay open? Don't you care about our own poor and needy then?

Are you talking about EU migrants or refugees now?

I can assure you that the likes of Gove, IDS & Johnson couldn't care less about the poor and needy in our society.

Sky Blue Kid

My niece moved to Australia 2 years ago and for the first year had to show proof that she had enough money with her to last the length of her Visa(12 Months) She is now engaged to a Australian guy yet still had to prove monetary independence for her second 12 month Visa This coming third year should see her have Australian(Dual Citizenship) She has proved to be a reliable, hard working girl that is beneficial to the Australian economy. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this formula, we should try it.

Astute

Strange. When its a freezing cold morning in September, there aren't many English people queing up to clean my car for a fiver
Yes we should keep our borders open so we can get our cars cleaned for a fiver :D

Sky Blue Kid

Strange that!.... We have 4 of these "Car wash" services in my area. All of which are run by "Eastern Europeans" That once a week are queueing up outside the local Social Security offices at 09-00am. Just saying :)

Astute

Strange that!.... We have 4 of these "Car wash" services in my area. All of which are run by "Eastern Europeans" That once a week are queueing up outside the local Social Security offices at 09-00am. Just saying :)
Maybe they pay more in tax than they collect in dole money ;)

Sick Boy

My niece moved to Australia 2 years ago and for the first year had to show proof that she had enough money with her to last the length of her Visa(12 Months) She is now engaged to a Australian guy yet still had to prove monetary independence for her second 12 month Visa This coming third year should see her have Australian(Dual Citizenship) She has proved to be a reliable, hard working girl that is beneficial to the Australian economy. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this formula, we should try it.

When my girlfriend and I first moved back to the UK from Italy she did not have employment and was looking for a job; she would also have failed the monetary independence test and did not work for 6 months but did not claim benefits. However, she now works for the NHS as a midwife; I presume that she would not have been allowed in under your idea?

Sick Boy

Perhaps leave should should just come out and say what they really want? No Eastern Europeans in the country and not taking in refugees?

Astute

When my girlfriend and I first moved back to the UK from Italy she did not have employment and was looking for a job; she would also have failed the monetary independence test and did not work for 6 months but did not claim benefits. However, she now works for the NHS as a midwife; I presume that she would not have been allowed in under your idea?
How about being honest for once. She would have been allowed in straight away as she had the skills we need. And if she could speak enough English to understand and be understood she would have got a job if she was looking for one.

Sick Boy

How about being honest for once. She would have been allowed in straight away as she had the skills we need. And if she could speak enough English to understand and be understood she would have got a job if she was looking for one.

...we wouldn't have come back if those were the conditions. Why would we want to live in such a country?

Her English wasn't actually good enough to work when she first arrived, so she would have failed your test anyway. I presume that you would also like to see all British citizens living in Spain speaking proficiency level Spanish?

Sky Blue Kid

That must be 6 times you've said she's a "Midwife" Not taking the piss mate, but well done to her. I truly admire the work she does. Two questions however... How did she survive without any income, and are you British, therefore supported her yourself?

Sick Boy

That must be 6 times you've said she's a "Midwife" Not taking the piss mate, but well done to her. I truly admire the work she does. Two questions however... How did she survive without any income, and are you British, therefore supported her yourself?

I have dual British & Irish citizenship and I managed to support her but it was difficult. If there had been any sort of test in place we would not have passed it, I am sure!

dongonzalos

No it won't.

Firstly the borders would not be closed to people moving here from Europe. But we would choose the skills we need. And yes people would come here from outside the EU. The ones that have the skills that we need and also on humanitarian grounds.

At the moment we have to let everyone in from the EU. We don't know about their past. We are getting no go areas. Some places are suffering badly. But you are OK because it hasn't happened where you live yet?

Doesn't it tell you something when you have people where they or their parents moved to this country are saying things need to change?

The low skilled People I am referring to won't be allowed in they won't meet the criteria. They are the ones who do the work the sick, lame, lazy or life benefits and criminals won't do.
We still need that workforce and it will be supplemented from outside the EU. The net effect will be no different the source will be different.
Most of the current immigrants come in do their work, some pay tax some don't (like us)
A lot take the money back home where it is worth a lot more.
Some like in all societies are bad news.
That's life, don't kid yourself that coming out of the EU will change this significantly

Last edited:

Astute

...we wouldn't have come back if those were the conditions. Why would we want to live in such a country?

Her English wasn't actually good enough to work when she first arrived, so she would have failed your test anyway. I presume that you would also like to see all British citizens living in Spain speaking proficiency level Spanish?
So you think that people should work for the NHS where peoples lives are at stake when their understanding of our language isn't very good at all?

Sky Blue Kid

I have dual British & Irish citizenship and I managed to support her but it was difficult. If there had been any sort of test in place we would not have passed it, I am sure!

You've just answered your own question... There was/is no test in place, and being skilled in Midwifery, would, and should, have been welcomed with "Open Arms" into this Country. So your initial argument did not, and should not have any creedence mate;)

Astute

The low skilled People I am referring to won't be allowed in they won't meet the criteria. They are the ones who do the work the sick, lame, lazy or life being its and criminals won't do.
We still need that workforce and it will be supplemented from outside the EU. The net effect will be no different the source will be different.
Most of the current immigrants come in do their work, some pay tax some don't (like us)
That's life, don't kid yourself that coming out of the EU will change this significantly
So closing our borders to 500 million people and only taking who we need won't make any difference?

Astute

You are becoming more and more absurd. Where have I said that?
You said my rules would have stopped her from becoming a midwife here. My rules? Being able to speak and understand English when dealing with people's lives isn't a bad thing.

Sky Blue Kid

The low skilled People I am referring to won't be allowed in they won't meet the criteria. They are the ones who do the work the sick, lame, lazy or life being its and criminals won't do.

First sentence...They don't have sick, lame, lazy or life being its and criminals won't do. in their own country then?
Third sentence...Most of the current immigrants come in do their work, some pay tax some don't (like us)
A lot take the money back home where it is worth a lot more.... Anyone doing this are tax dodgers. One big difference between a Eastern European and a Brit doing this is... If it's a Brit, for what it's worth, the money stays in this Country.... Answer me this Dongo..
Why are people allowed to claim "Family Allowance" for children that don't even live in this Country?

dongonzalos

First sentence...They don't have sick, lame, lazy or life being its and criminals won't do. in their own country then?

Of course they do, they don't have the employment demand that can't be fulfilled like we do here.

Third sentence...Most of the current immigrants come in do their work, some pay tax some don't (like us)
A lot take the money back home where it is worth a lot more....
Anyone doing this are tax dodgers. One big difference between a Eastern European and a Brit doing this is... If it's a Brit, for what it's worth, the money stays in this Country.... Answer me this Dongo..
Why are people allowed to claim "Family Allowance" for children that don't even live in this Country?

The money doesn't stay in this country I agree, however if they are not doing the work neither are we so with their replacement (which there will be a replacement) the money still won't stay in the country and the replacement will come from outside the EU.

Family allowance is wrong IMO

Sky Blue Kid

The money doesn't stay in this country I agree, however if they are not doing the work neither are we so with their replacement (which there will be a replacement) the money still won't stay in the country and the replacement will come from outside the EU.

Family allowance is wrong IMO
So why not give our own Young unemployed a chance first?
And yes! it does go on (EU Directive)...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...agree-mad-deal-ending-handouts-years-off.html
A good place to start saving millions upon millions of pounds eh?

Sick Boy

Here mate....
Her English wasn't actually good enough to work when she first arrived,

Where did I say that I believe NHS staff don't need to speak English? The intention was always for her to improve her English and then find a job. Do you think British residents in Spain should learn Spanish rather than expecting Spanish medical staff to speak in English to them? Are you going to learn a new language each time you visit a country so as not to put your life at risk?

Users who are viewing this thread