Lee Camp (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Do people seriously think we’d better off with a 28 year old whose played less than 50 games of league football in goal ahead of a guy who has played 500+ games in the Championship?

The idea that Wilson was ever brought in with the intention of being genuine competition for Marosi is absolute nonsense as well, it was clear to anyone who the first choice was going to be based off their individual pedigree and the quotes from last summer saying the contrary were clearly just your typical bit of pre-season manager speak.

Last edited:

ms639

What the fuck is everyone on about here. Marosi has a fractured cheekbone. We need a 2nd keeper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Do we really have three other keepers who are not good enough to play in the Championship? Seems a massive oversight by the club if so.

Lots of keepers can stop shots but his fundamentals and concentration are poor, he's a mistake waiting to happen.

Less an oversight and more the reality of a newly promoted club on a budget.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we sign Camp I can see us moving on Wilson

He was signed on a 3 year deal too so would have to pay up 18 months wages - is it worth using the budget to do that to then have to use a bit more of the budget bringing in another who might be less content sitting on the bench.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Makes sense but if u were Wilson ud be fairly pissed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's never really been more than a back-up his entire career. It seems he's more than happy to be a bench warmer. I guess as long as he's being paid he'll put up with it.

shepardo01

Guarantee there will be comments from Blues and Sunderland fans.... wouldn't surprise me if there is a thread on their forum.

NorthernWisdom

Grab a coffee, and wait for Camp.

Anyway, only issues I have is whether age has blunted him, and how intensely he's been keeping himself fit while he hasn't had a club.

But he is, at least, a goalkeeper and he does have some pedigree.

AFCCOVENTRY

We are pleased to announce the signing of Goalkeeper Lee Camp on a short-term-deal!

The 'keeper joins the Sky Blues on a two-month-deal, which will see Camp come in and add to the goalkeeping department following the injury sustained to Marko Marosi on Wednesday night.

The 36-year-old has racked up almost 600 appearances throughout his career, playing for the likes of Derby, Queens Park Rangers, Nottingham Forest and most recently, Birmingham City.

Last season, Camp made 40 appearances for the Blues during his 16th season in the Championship, with two of those games including both FA Cup ties against the Sky Blues.

The experienced shot-stopper has also represented Northern Ireland on 9 separate occasions.

TomRad85

Really happy with that. We simply could not afford to go into these fixtures with Wilson in goal.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

Do people seriously think we’d better off with a 28 year old whose played less than 50 games of league football in goal ahead of a guy who has played 500+ games in the Championship?

The idea that Wilson was ever brought in with the intention of being genuine competition for Marosi is absolute nonsense as well, it was clear to anyone who the first choice was going to be based off their individual pedigree and the quotes from last summer saying the contrary were clearly just your typical bit of pre-season manager speak.
The same people also believe that the DFS sale is ending on Sunday

AFCCOVENTRY

I don’t see how anyone can complain. Don’t know how good Wilson is but this signing is not exactly a ringing endorsement of his abilities

Can’t complain considering this is a short term free transfer. Lucky someone who played a full season was available.

Going to be haters but I remember Donny fans saying Marosi was shit.

Users who are viewing this thread