League One Champions Or European Champions (1 Viewer)

Which Would You Prefer

• City League One Champions

Votes: 49 74.2%
  • England Euro Champions

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters

torchomatic

Really, I didn't phrase my original question well, did I? I meant to put something along the lines of; which would you prefer, success for CCFC or for England.

Last edited:

kg82

Hmm, I'd take promotion any way we can get it, so I'll say England for this!!

rob9872

Should change poll to "Your country winning a major championship" as all of the non English City fans have a clear no choice that will distort the results.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Should change poll to "Your country winning a major championship" as all of the non English City fans have a clear no choice that will distort the results.

Thank you Rob! :)

(Trouble is, Ireland are on their way home! :( Ah well. It was fun while it lasted!)

skybluegod

easy euro's for me we'd still be in a shit positon with sisu in charge no funding and all the best players leaving and we would only be in the championship.

Astute

We have SISU. England has a shite manager. Neither will happen

Would choose us though. Could be what is needed to sort our club out and get back to the top flight.

skybluelee

Any Englishman who chooses England in this poll is not a proper Coventry supporter. I'd happily see England go out on Tuesday if it means City go up next year. And so should you.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Any Englishman who chooses England in this poll is not a proper Coventry supporter. I'd happily see England go out on Tuesday if it means City go up next year. And so should you.

What utter bollocks!!!! Why can't you be a full-bloodied City supporter AND support your national team? I can't believe you've said this!

Otis

I can't believe he's said that either, Houch! :facepalm:

An utterly ridiculous thing to say. I have been supporting my team since the 1960's, was born here, love my City and back and support everything going in this City.

Don't think anyone can say that anyone supports CCFC more than I do and every single defeat the City suffer spoils my entire weekend I feel that strongly about them.

I did choose England though and always will. I am a very proud Coventrian and a very proud Englishman too.

For me I cannot envisage anything better than the whole country in unison and I do find your comment rather offensive I have to say.

superskyblue

Personally I find it very difficult to support the England football team, but feel very passionately about the cricket and rugby teams. Coventry promotion all the way for me.

If you had a choice, which would you prefer; City to win the L1 title or your Country winning a major championship?

An interesting question, Torchy.

Didn't you run a similar poll on the CET website in Dec 2007, stating whether lifelong fans should keep their shares and see the club go into administration, or sell to SISU who will 'save' our club, and buy into RR's vision of footballing greatness etc etc?

As a matter of fact, how did that vote pan out? It'd be interesting to see that in light of current events.

skybluelee

I can't believe he's said that either, Houch! :facepalm:

An utterly ridiculous thing to say. I have been supporting my team since the 1960's, was born here, love my City and back and support everything going in this City.

Don't think anyone can say that anyone supports CCFC more than I do and every single defeat the City suffer spoils my entire weekend I feel that strongly about them.

I did choose England though and always will. I am a very proud Coventrian and a very proud Englishman too.

For me I cannot envisage anything better than the whole country in unison and I do find your comment rather offensive I have to say.

Clearly should have added a smiley of some description as my comment was entirely tongue in cheek!

Grendel

Would choose us though. Could be what is needed to sort our club out and get back to the top flight.

Slightly controversial view on the manager.

No neither will happen but if they could then England can lose 6 - 0 against the Ukraine for all I care.

ccfcway

CCFC will always be my life

after that, its england

then its GB and NI

then its Europe

then its the world

then its the universe

then its the milky way

@richh87

England has a good manager. If Harry was in charge he'd be playing the only way he knows how - open, attacking football which we're crap at as we can't even pass a ball. I like him - but many players have said that Harry doesn't really do tactics.

Roy is the best man for the job. His CV pisses all over Redknapp's.

Last edited:

I think some people may mis understand this.

SBL may perhaps mean that no CCFC supporter should want England's success ABOVE CCFC success.

If there is a choice of one - which is one reason why I think the original question is bollocks - then it HAS to be CCFC success.

I want England to do well, but would NEVER trade this for CCFC success.

For example, if you travel away - particularly to the shitty Tuesday night games - at considerable expense, you would NOT state that you would prefer success for the national team over CCFC.

An interesting but pointless thread IMO.

torchomatic

The reason I started it LBB was due to a discussion on another thread. Admittedly, I didn't phrase the question choices very well; maybe "Success for CCFC or for England, which would you choose?" As I said on that thread, it will always be CCFC for me. England hold no interest in comparison.

An interesting but pointless thread IMO.

The reason I started it LBB was due to a discussion on another thread. Admittedly, I didn't phrase the question choices very well; maybe "Success for CCFC or for England, which would you choose?" As I said on that thread, it will always be CCFC for me. England hold no interest in comparison.

Apologies, the thread has triggered some interesting debate, so not necessarily pointless as I stated.

Otis

Of course it's pointless!!!

We all know Coventry City are never going to win anything! :D

Users who are viewing this thread