Labour group votes to approve £19.5m Ricoh sale to Wasps (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

Maybe like the JR this is just a side show ?
Once the clubs owners decide to tell the fans their plans for the club we will be able to decide whether this has been good or bad for CCFC !
I'm at a loss to understand that there is meltdown at the council but there was a fans forum last night and nobody asked Sisu what there future plans for the club are ?
Sisu don't want the Ricoh !
So what do Sisu want ?
Just to continue with litigation ?

Covstu

they have always wanted the Ricoh but clearly didnt anticipate a rugby club coming in and taking that opportunity away from them.

Hobo

Taking thousands to MK Dons was a strange way to protest about CCFC'S (temporary) franchise (though maybe not last one) and a strange way to show they disagree with franchising in general.

Not me though mate I didn't go to MK Dons. The weakness though about banging the Wasps franchise drum over this deal is the world of Rugby Union is full of franchise clubs, all the top Welsh sides were franchised in about 2004/2005. It is common place in Rugby.

Rusty Trombone

Not me though mate I didn't go to MK Dons. The weakness though about banging the Wasps franchise drum over this deal is the world of Rugby Union is full of franchise clubs, all the top Welsh sides were franchised in about 2004/2005. It is common place in Rugby.

The vast majority of clubs refer to themselves as Rugby yet do not play in the town.

Nick

Administrator
What time will it be going through? Although it is being agreed with the council, it still needs everybody to then sign on the lines doesn't it or will the wasps people be there straight away?

SkyBlue_Bear83

What would anyone gain from buying 2 loss making sports clubs? I think a ccfc takeover is wishful thinking, and 2+2=5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

No idea, it is wishful thinking.

But why would Wasps buy a stadium that imo they won't fill?

Rob S

What time will it be going through? Although it is being agreed with the council, it still needs everybody to then sign on the lines doesn't it or will the wasps people be there straight away?

Not sure if we find out. I'm assuming the vote is to allow CCC reps on ACL board to agree to the deal.

More info on the actual council meeting – including a sure-to-be-fun-to-watch live stream – on this page here.

Private business is right at the end so be prepared to wait a while...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Why do the directors of ACL have to approve the deal RobS. The vote is do the Council sell its shares in ACL and grant a new longer lease surely - that's not in the power of the ACL directors

Last edited:

James Smith

Thankfully I'm old enough to have been to Wembley twice with Cov. Feels like 100 years ago now :-(

Yeah I can remember both the Cup and the Charity Shield and it makes me feel old seeing the old Wembley. I still cry when I see Killer lifting the cup having limped up the stairs.

James Smith

Looks like the children's charity are gonna lose £3.5m.

That's their bad luck I guess, I assume that they're getting the money upfront this time and not by installments.

Rob S

Why do the directors of ACL have to approve the deal RobS. The vote is do the Council sell its shares in ACL and grant a new longer lease surely - that's not in the power of the ACL directors
Correct. The power is given to council solicitor & Assistant Director Finance to do the deal. My mistake.

James Smith

If this goes through it will be a disgrace and those who voted it through should hang their heads in shame. Ignoring the financial aspects and us for a second, they're encouraging a team to move further away from their fans and that is plain wrong, worse than Mr Cardoza at NTFC.

James Smith

Have a word with yourself.

Why? It was something I was told by classmates at school would never happen and I should support a proper club who could do it. I heard Spurs fans tell me days before the match that our squad was crap and they'd crush us at Wembley. After we came home with the trophy I was told we were lucky and how many trophies the big clubs in London had won, and would win. Well to quote from to quote from Blackadder "Pooh to you with knobs on."

LB87ccfc

And their was everyone saying no need to protest against the council when we was in Northampton , what a bunch of bastards, lucas a fan of the club, my fucking arse she is-

Nick

Administrator
What's happened to the live feed? I just loaded it and it is about Garlic Bread FFS?

Users who are viewing this thread