Labour group votes to approve £19.5m Ricoh sale to Wasps (1 Viewer)

Otis

Ohh bugger.

Well let's just hope there is a golden nugget of hope and good news for us amongst all this smoke and mirrors and skulduggery.

lewys33

I am assuming the £19.5 mill is excluding the £14mill loan (effectively making it £33.5 million)? If not then it is fucking scandalous.

J

Jack Griffin

I am assuming the £19.5 mill is excluding the £14mill loan (effectively making it £33.5 million)? If not then it is fucking scandalous.

Still not confirmed the money has been raised, but now the deal seems certain to be approved I guess it is likely to bring in more backing..

Rob S

And there was me thinking that you didn't approve of this kind of non-football talk lewys ;-)

Voice_of_Reason

https://twitter.com/lesreidpolitics/status/519381045503066112

@Lesreidpolitics: I can reveal sale of Ricoh to Wasps for £19.5m WILL be passed by Coventry council today. Labour group voted to back it last night

I have absolutely no sympathy for SISU.. they apear to have well and truly shot themselves and their plans in the foot. Karma ? RE CCFC, I cannot see the Council agreeing to this sale unless it includes some contingency plan to accommodate CCFC in one form or another. Me thinks that maybe SISU may be on the brink of selling the club? I cannot see they have any other option.

Rob S

I have absolutely no sympathy for SISU.. they apear to have well and truly shot themselves and their plans in the foot. Karma ? RE CCFC, I cannot see the Council agreeing to this sale unless it includes some contingency plan to accommodate CCFC in one form or another. Me thinks that maybe SISU may be on the brink of selling the club? I cannot see they have any other option.

Why does anyone need sympathy for Sisu? It's CCFC that most of us care about.

Otis

Can only come to the same conclusion, that the deal includes the takeover of CCFC

Otherwise the whole thing doesn't make sense. Wasps losing thousands of their own supporters, local ones boycotting, CCFC buggering off elsewhere, leaving the Ricoh to finally become the white elephant people were saying it would turn out to be.

stupot07

No one has sympathy for sisu, owners come and go but us fans have been riled over and shafted again. Yes, wasps won't kick us out, it's in their interests to make money out of us, but we almost definitely not own a stake in the Ricoh in our lifetime, will not get access to the revenue necessary to get to the PL in our lifetime. Hey ho as long as sisu feck off we'll be all cosy in our yellow and black stadium, drinking in Dallaghio's Den.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sick Boy

No one has sympathy for sisu, owners come and go but us fans have been riled over and shafted again. Yes, wasps won't kick us out, it's in their interests to make money out of us, but we almost definitely not own a stake in the Ricoh in our lifetime, will not get access to the revenue necessary to get to the PL in our lifetime. Hey ho as long as sisu feck off we'll be all cosy in our yellow and black stadium, drinking in Dallaghio's Den.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It's depressing as hell. Imo a takeover of ccfc is simply wishful thinking. Those on here who have defended this are a disgrace.

Rob S

Who is this talking?

Dave Nellist. Not happy with things and pointing out drop in public accountability with more private meetings in recent years.

Remember that we apparently have no record of the previous Ricoh loan private session. Really have to start worrying about democracy in the city.

Nick

Administrator
Has it finished now? Can I turn off? Sounds like a really awkward office situation with people laughing at unfunny jokes nervously.

logjoe

https://twitter.com/lesreidpolitics/status/519381045503066112

@Lesreidpolitics: I can reveal sale of Ricoh to Wasps for £19.5m WILL be passed by Coventry council today. Labour group voted to back it last night

Confused is this the figures that were quoted to the club to buy the Ricoh I recall unless wrong that 60m was always preached. Do the wasps still have to honour the agreement with compass if so they have got a long wait to get revenue from food and drinks. Someone quoted that the agreement was for a really long period

Rob S

Confused is this the figures that were quoted to the club to buy the Ricoh I recall unless wrong that 60m was always preached. Do the wasps still have to honour the agreement with compass if so they have got a long wait to get revenue from food and drinks. Someone quoted that the agreement was for a really long period

I'm wondering how we'll ever find out what's involved with this deal. Well, there's always the courts ;-)

torchomatic

ALways liked Nellist. Years ago me and my mate used to take our decks and play records in quite a few pubs around and about. On the front of our decks we had a sticker "Vote Dave Nellist". One landlord told us to take it off, we refused, and he asked us to leave, which we did. It was a New Years' Eve do.

He spoke a lot of sense and was spot on when he said CCC are doing exactly was SISU did.

Otis

ALways liked Nellist. Years ago me and my mate used to take our decks and play records in quite a few pubs around and about. On the front of our decks we had a sticker "Vote Dave Nellist". One landlord told us to take it off, we refused, and he asked us to leave, which we did. It was a New Years' Eve do.

He spoke a lot of sense and was spot on when he said CCC are doing exactly was SISU did.

I've always had time for Nellist too. Used toknow a bloke who worked with him for many years and he aslways said he was a very genuine, solid bloke.

Users who are viewing this thread