L1/L2 2018 released list (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Doyle has signed another year and JCH we’ve already paid the fee and have an option to sign
Do really think Doyle can do another full season, contract or not?
Bit of a bummer if we are tied to JCH

Terry_dactyl

Do really think Doyle can do another full season, contract or not?
Bit of a bummer if we are tied to JCH

I think he could in this division. I’m Undecided about division above. Sounds like Pompey wanted to keep him. I guess he’s older now...
Would we need a similar, younger version of him?
If we can retain him I envisage Shipley playing in the middle at some point. This is his preferred position right? I’d love to see what he and Bayliss would be like there.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think he could in this division. I’m Undecided about division above. Sounds like Pompey wanted to keep him. I guess he’s older now...
If we can retain him I envisage Shipley playing in the middle at some point. This is his preferred position right? I’d love to see what he and Bayliss would be like there.

We need Doyle in our team next season regardless of what division we’re in. His experience and leadership qualities is exactly what we need for this young team — experience is something we lack aside from Doyle. Kelly is probably the next best thing, being an ex-captain himself.

More importantly, age is quite literally a number for Doyle, and he’s barely missed a game over the last 5 season. After Monday, he’d have averaged 45 games a season for us and Pompey. He’s showing no signs of slowing down.

Mucca Mad Boys

Certainly had a good first leg, looked the MR type. Looked worthy of a place on a short list tho we’ve not seen more of him to give a good verdict

It’s just gossip, but I think it’d be a good signing.

When I googled him, I was originally put off by his age (31) but, that works well for us. We lack experience, he’s also 6”2 and he’s an attacking fullback, in fact, he’s coming off a career best total of 4 goals in 27 games. He’s definitely worth looking at.

fernandopartridge

He's fitter than most of the squad, he'll be fine in the league above imo

steve82

It’s just gossip, but I think it’d be a good signing.

When I googled him, I was originally put off by his age (31) but, that works well for us. We lack experience, he’s also 6”2 and he’s an attacking fullback, in fact, he’s coming off a career best total of 4 goals in 27 games. He’s definitely worth looking at.

Some quarters won’t like him here as he’s possibly a thug. He was sacked from port vale in 2014 for breaking a team mates cheekbone in a training ground bust up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Some quarters won’t like him here as he’s possibly a thug. He was sacked from port vale in 2014 for breaking a team mates cheekbone in a training ground bust up.

Funny that, wasn’t our captain involved in a like-for-like scenario? Hahaha

Winny the Bish

I think the fact that their left back Dan Jones is out of contract is far more interesting...
Dan Jones is an odd one. He was torn apart by Jodi on the opening game of the season, was so bad that I remember his fans giving him a 0/10 match rating and calls for him to be dropped immediately. But he was class when we played Notts after. The fact that he struggled so badly against Jodi makes me worry about how he'd do in League 1.

fernandopartridge

Dan Jones is an odd one. He was torn apart by Jodi on the opening game of the season, was so bad that I remember his fans giving him a 0/10 match rating and calls for him to be dropped immediately. But he was class when we played Notts after. The fact that he struggled so badly against Jodi makes me worry about how he'd do in League 1.

He struggled defensively on Friday night. He's got a great left foot but that's it.

steve82

Never heard of him. His stats look good though. Who are the stars of non league we should be considering?

It’s hard for us to know if some could make the step up but Macauley Bonne of Leyton Orient looks like he could develop into a good striker after scoring 22 goals in the national league.

Of the rest Andy cook 26 goals has joined Walsall, and Adrande 20 goals to Lincoln.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

Never heard of him. His stats look good though. Who are the stars of non league we should be considering?

Josh Rees and Kane smith (on trial for us last year). There's also a left back with a ridiculous goals and assists tally but I can't remember his name

Users who are viewing this thread