L1/L2 2018 released list (4 Viewers)

rupert_bear

A lot depends what division we are in obviously and the budget, that old adage comes up division 1 players want division 1 wages, division 2 players get division 2 wages, I’d imagine Robins will have two wish lists.

SkyBlueCRJ

A lot depends what division we are in obviously and the budget, that old adage comes up division 1 players want division 1 wages, division 2 players get division 2 wages, I’d imagine Robins will have two wish lists.

I'm not totally sure how much the budget will realistically change though, do you? Unless SISU give us a significant proportion of the potential Maddison money, which is about as likely as Sky Blue Sam being next year's top goalscorer, then I can't see much leeway. Plus this is on the basis he is sold - it's likely of course but football is a funny game.

So yes Robins may have one or two targets that differ on the basis of what league we find ourselves in but I'm struggling to see him having two completely separate wish lists due to the simple fact that IMO the budget is unlikely to increase by a significant amount, if at all. So similarly, the likelihood of bringing in any players on big wages is as likely as it was at the beginning of this season.

steve82

I'm not totally sure how much the budget will realistically change though, do you? Unless SISU give us a significant proportion of the potential Maddison money, which is about as likely as Sky Blue Sam being next year's top goalscorer, then I can't see much leeway. Plus this is on the basis he is sold - it's likely of course but football is a funny game.

So yes Robins may have one or two targets that differ on the basis of what league we find ourselves in but I'm struggling to see him having two completely separate wish lists due to the simple fact that IMO the budget is unlikely to increase by a significant amount, if at all. So similarly, the likelihood of bringing in any players on big wages is as likely as it was at the beginning of this season.

The budget under rules so to speak can only change by 5% under SCMP rules. 55% for league two and 60% for league one.
So our operational budget can only be enhanced by sales and gifts from owners at normal clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

The budget under rules so to speak can only change by 5% under SCMP rules. 55% for league two and 60% for league one.
So our operational budget can only be enhanced by sales and gifts from owners at normal clubs.

That's interesting, I'm guessing that works in conjunction with FFP? So, effectively the budget won't change then because as you said, gifts from owners only occur at 'normal clubs'

steve82

That's interesting, I'm guessing that works in conjunction with FFP? So, effectively the budget won't change then because as you said, gifts from owners only occur at 'normal clubs'

SCMP is the league one and two equivalent to FFP yes.

Player sales or money from a Wilson or Maddison sale can be included in the turnover for the budget.

Interesting that players under 20 from the academy who are given pro deals are not calculated.... eg Ponticelli and Bayliss. However they still need paying so come out of the budget just not calculated in the 55%

SkyBlueCRJ

Player sales or money from a Wilson or Maddison sale can be included in the turnover for the budget.

Interesting that players under 20 from the academy who are given pro deals are not calculated.... eg Ponticelli and Bayliss. However they still need paying so come out of the budget just not calculated in the 55%

They can be but will they? Am I right in assuming transfer related income isn't included in a clubs' annual financial report? If so, SISU surely don't have to include any revenue earned from a sale or sell on clause into the turnover for the budget as they can effectively do as they please with transfer income or the equivalent.

steve82

They can be but will they? Am I right in assuming transfer related income isn't included in a clubs' annual financial report? If so, SISU surely don't have to include any revenue earned from a sale or sell on clause into the turnover for the budget as they can effectively do as they please with transfer income or the equivalent.

Your guess is as good as mine.
The water get murkier the deeper you go shall we say

steve82

Clayton Donaldson just been released from the Blades.

He maybe 34 but would be a bloody good signing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I seen that. Powerful player and scores too. I’d imagine he’d be a few L1 clubs target this summer.

SBAndy

Sales are definitely included, and I would imagine sell-on bonuses are as well but as there hasn't seemed to be any bonus income from transfers the last few years there hasn't been an entry on the P&L.

Be surprised if they were allowed not to record it as it's still club income and I'd guess would have its own entry under "other income".

Terry_dactyl

He’s got to be of interest should we fail in the playoffs and go again in L2, had a productive 2016/17 in L2 while not so much joy this year in L1

My scouting system (thanks mum, thanks dad) describe him as mercurial. Their assessment is that he may not have been helped by playing on the wing, with Brett Pitman being preferred up top this season.
However, they also said on his day he’s outstanding. I was reminded that I actually saw him play this year in the league cup Cardiff v Pompey. He was Pompey’s ‘stand out’ player in an otherwise dull encounter. God that game was boring.

steve82

My scouting system (thanks mum, thanks dad) describe him as mercurial. Their assessment is that he may not have been helped by playing on the wing, with Brett Pitman being preferred up top this season.
However, they also said on his day he’s outstanding. I was reminded that I actually saw him play this year in the league cup Cardiff v Pompey. He was Pompey’s ‘stand out’ player in an otherwise dull encounter. God that game was boring.

He makes the list of summer targets then, extend the thanks to mum and dad

wingy

No agenda here but just for clarity, it's kind of a moot point as in recent years we've only hit around 45%,admittedly that's based on my limited numerical abilities.

skybluegod

Might be good to add any of the championship released players as well? As if we are in League One I imagine that's where a few players may come from.

steve82

LEAGUE ONE

BURY
Out:Nathan Cameron, Craig Jones, Andrew Tutte, Zeli Ismail & Chris Humphrey.

LEAGUE TWO

CHELTENHAM TOWN
Out: Jordan Cranston, Jamie Grimes, Danny Wright, Josh Thomas, Adam Page, Sanmi Odelusi, Dan Holman & Jaanai Gordon.

CREWE ALEXANDRA
OUT: Chris Dagnall, Zoumana Bakayogo, Dan Udoh & Ross Woodcock.

SWINDON TOWN
Out: Reice Charles-Cook, Donal McDermott, Tom Ouldridge, Ben Purkiss & Tom Smith.

steve82

NOTTS COUNTY
Out: Jonathan Forte, Shola Ameobi, Adam Collin, Carl Dickinson, Mike Edwards, Elliot Hodge, Nicky Hunt, Rob Milsom, Callum Saunders, Alan Smith, Curtis Thompson

Jonathan Forte is a interesting name.

Otis

NOTTS COUNTY
Out: Jonathan Forte, Shola Ameobi, Adam Collin, Carl Dickinson, Mike Edwards, Elliot Hodge, Nicky Hunt, Rob Milsom, Callum Saunders, Alan Smith, Curtis Thompson

Jonathan Forte is a interesting name.

Depends how you say it. If you say 'Forte' it's a bit boring, but if you say 'Forte' it sounds a lot more exotic.

Hardly interesting though.

steve82

Depends how you say it. If you say 'Forte' it's a bit boring, but if you say 'Forte' it sounds a lot more exotic.

Hardly interesting though.

I say Forté... adds that bit of European flair.

Otis

He's been round the houses that bloke.

He's had about 12 clubs and he's still only 31.

higgs

I'd sign him just so that he doesn't score against us again

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gibbo

I assume
1. We are looking for a squad of 22 plus a few cheap fringe/youth players as back up.
2. JCH goes back, McNulty goes and probably Bayliss. Doyle retires. Reid is ditched.
3. Wainwright is in
4. Ponticelli is a straight swap for McNulty
5. Both our first choice fullbacks are dodgy, altho Grimmer might make the grade in L1 - he is young
6. Biamou is an unknown quantity still. Except for the "G" man
7. At CH we are still strong even for L1, let alone L2
8. Aged strikers that have been got rid of are not necessarily the answer - even tho I like Forte
9. Players like Grimmer - young rejects from higher divisions maybe more fruitful, even if unknown to us.
10.There are a lot of gaps, even if we are still in L2

Grendel

I assume
1. We are looking for a squad of 22 plus a few cheap fringe/youth players as back up.
2. JCH goes back, McNulty goes and probably Bayliss. Doyle retires. Reid is ditched.
3. Wainwright is in
5. Both our first choice fullbacks are dodgy, altho Grimmer might make the grade in L1 - he is young
8. Aged strikers that have been got rid of are not necessarily the answer - even tho I like Forte
9. Players like Grimmer - young rejects from higher divisions maybe more fruitful, even if unknown to us.

Doyle has signed another year and JCH we’ve already paid the fee and have an option to sign

Londonccfcfan

Would it be unrealistic to think we could get 7500 season ticket holders, a big jump on last year, if we win on Monday.
And even if we don’t I think we have made a good start on season ticket sales and would expect more sold than last year.

steve82

Would it be unrealistic to think we could get 7500 season ticket holders, a big jump on last year, if we win on Monday.
And even if we don’t I think we have made a good start on season ticket sales and would expect more sold than last year.

Personally 7500 is a push in my eyes at the minute, 5500 is more closer I’d say.

On these big occasions we can draw the fans in but Saturday to Saturday we’re still only left with the core supporters for various reasons from costs, cannot commit to a season ticket or other valid reasons.

steve82

I think the fact that their left back Dan Jones is out of contract is far more interesting...

Good call, one area we need to improve is left back and omg his set play delivery is second to none. One area we have been poor in.

Certainly had a good first leg, looked the MR type. Looked worthy of a place on a short list tho we’ve not seen more of him to give a good verdict

Somerset Sky Blue

I assume
3. Wainwright is in
Who is Wainwright?

Users who are viewing this thread