L1/L2 2018 released list (4 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Turnbull. Not sure if it was 6 figures though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He ended up at Northampton didn’t he? Not sure they’re well known for wearing kilts. If it was Corby on the other hand;)

Grendel

Grendel

Grendel

torchomatic

Simple question, "Do you want Martin back?"

I never said I wanted him back. I said I thought it was a mistake to get rid of him. His replacements weren't any better.

steve82

PORT VALE
Outs: Ryan Boot, Joe Slinn, Kjell Knops, Charlie Walford, Luke Dennis, Harry Middleton, Graham Kelly, Billy Reeves, Anton Forrester & Chris Regis.

NORTHAMPTON TOWN
Outs: Leon Lobjoit, Raheem Hanley & Kevin Luckassen.

Leon Lobjoit a familiar name of the players in this released

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Look Turnbull was a poor signing. But don't try and deflect this into a Mowbray debate. We are judging Martin not Mowbray.

My question is the same: Do You want Martin back?

You were the one who got arsey about Mowbray when torch simply said it was a mistake to have let him go....now you're asking not to deflect into a Mowbray debate. Unbelievable...
This is the Aaron Martin most fans wanted shipping out because he had been disappointing. Mowbray came in and through injuries put him in and got him back to basics; "just head it and kick it away, other players do the football." Yes he looked half decent.

The fact Mowbray failed to replace him with better doesn't mean Mowbray was wrong in spotting his frailties.

Hobo

I would of been happy for Martin to have been given another contract. However the reasons for letting him go was probably the right one. The failure was the replacement who looked good on paper but not on the pitch. But that highlights how poor our scouting and research on players seem to have been....and it had been poor for a long time at the club.

SkyBlueCRJ

Joss Labadie is out of contract for Newport, in discussions currently but would be a great coup for any club.

Unfortunately the downside of the play-offs will be: how many players will we miss out on due to playing catch-up?

steve82

Joss Labadie is out of contract for Newport, in discussions currently but would be a great coup for any club.

Unfortunately the downside of the play-offs will be: how many players will we miss out on due to playing catch-up?

His current ACL injury might stop many from offering a deal with him likely to prefer to stay at Newport and agree a new deal.

He’s unlikely to play much this side of Christmas as he recovers and does his rehab work.

SkyBlueCRJ

His current ACL injury might stop many from offering a deal with him likely to prefer to stay at Newport and agree a new deal.

He’s unlikely to play much this side of Christmas as he recovers and does his rehab work.

Fair point, that actually completely slipped my mind. In that case he's very much likely to stay then as ACL or no ACL, Newport will do everything in their power to ensure he stays.

Alkhen

I would'nt mind Martin back, never terrible for us and thought the had a really good season before Mowbray let him go to get in Turnbull :depressed:

Ricky Miller could be worth a punt especially if we don't go up scored a tonne lower down.

Adil Nab is super quick if i remember rightly, gone off boil since his england youth days but if he is cheap he could add a bit of pace

rupert_bear

Be interesting to see what our list will look like ? Although I believe a number of ours signed 2 year deals last year. Wonder if those on their bikes know but with the play offs pending keeping stum.Difficult situation for them after all it’s their livelihoods on the line.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
We haven't got many out of contract this year to have a massive release list have we?

Sbarcher

No but we might want to list a few.

steve82

I’d imagine the Kelly Evans twins are the first 2 on the list with a back page story in the telegraph on how they have been let go in the shape of a Ivor Lawton story... anyone know where he’s ended up?

Can see Kyle Reid being let go too and Stuart Beavon is likely to be offered the chance to leave also if he can secure a deal at another club

SkyBlueCRJ

Either Haynes or Stokes could be at risk of being transfer listed or sent out for loan as well. Neither were up to the correct standard and were dead weights throughout the season IMO.

steve82

A few more....
LEAGUE ONE

AFC WIMBLEDON
Out: Paul Robinson, Barry Fuller, George Francomb, Callum Kennedy, Lloyd Sam, Richard Pingling, Levi Shango, Seth Owens, Jayden Antwi.

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
Out; Nathan Blissett, Simon Church, Luke McCormick, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Callum Rose, Aaron Taylor, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, & Robbert te Loeke.

PORTSMOUTH
Out: Jez Bedford, Nicke Kabamba, Theo Widdrington & Kal Naismith

SOUTHEND
Out: Freddie Ladapo, Jermaine McGlashan, Josh Wright
& Anthony Wordsworth.

LEAGUE TWO

CAMBRIDGE UNITED
Out: Uche Ikpeazu, Piero Mingoia, Medy Elito & Leon Legge.

GRIMSBY TOWN
Out: Nathan Clarke, Ben Davies, James Berrett, Tom Sawyer, Jack Keeble, Ben Killip, Scott Vernon, Karleigh Osborne, Gary McSheffrey, Sean McAllister & Zak Mills.

* interesting name on the list is Kal Naismith. He’s about the only name I’ve see who’s without a club worth a shot. Can play either wing, or anywhere in the 3 in a 4231 system and chips in with goals too.

Jermaine McGlashan released by Southend is also a tricky speedy winger

Last edited:

coop

I’d imagine the Kelly Evans twins are the first 2 on the list with a back page story in the telegraph on how they have been let go in the shape of a Ivor Lawton story... anyone know where he’s ended up?

Can see Kyle Reid being let go too and Stuart Beavon is likely to be offered the chance to leave also if he can secure a deal at another club

Don't think Lawton has a club

Adge

To be fair it's been over for year's.
It has, but the dopes will be wanting a summer Home coming for the “prodigal son”. again no doubt. He might even ring up Robins again....:emoji_laughing:

Terry_dactyl

A few more....
LEAGUE ONE

AFC WIMBLEDON
Out: Paul Robinson, Barry Fuller, George Francomb, Callum Kennedy, Lloyd Sam, Richard Pingling, Levi Shango, Seth Owens, Jayden Antwi.

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
Out; Nathan Blissett, Simon Church, Luke McCormick, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Callum Rose, Aaron Taylor, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, & Robbert te Loeke.

PORTSMOUTH
Out: Jez Bedford, Nicke Kabamba, Theo Widdrington & Kal Naismith

SOUTHEND
Out: Freddie Ladapo, Jermaine McGlashan, Josh Wright
& Anthony Wordsworth.

LEAGUE TWO

CAMBRIDGE UNITED
Out: Uche Ikpeazu, Piero Mingoia, Medy Elito & Leon Legge.

GRIMSBY TOWN
Out: Nathan Clarke, Ben Davies, James Berrett, Tom Sawyer, Jack Keeble, Ben Killip, Scott Vernon, Karleigh Osborne, Gary McSheffrey, Sean McAllister & Zak Mills.

* interesting name on the list is Kal Naismith. He’s about the only name I’ve see who’s without a club worth a shot. Can play either wing, or anywhere in the 3 in a 4231 system and chips in with goals too.

Jermaine McGlashan released by Southend is also a tricky speedy winger

Good call on Naismith. He’s decent.
I reckon would be great in league 2 and could do/has done a job in league 1.
Surely we can’t just keep signing Pompey players though?

steve82

Good call on Naismith. He’s decent.
I reckon would be great in league 2 and could do/has done a job in league 1.
Surely we can’t just keep signing Pompey players though?

He’s got to be of interest should we fail in the playoffs and go again in L2, had a productive 2016/17 in L2 while not so much joy this year in L1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread