KP45 - more action now (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

The Lati song needs sticking in the fucking bin. Everything about it is fucking embarrassing.

covcity4life

I think it’s a more urgent problem than perhaps you do. We’ve gone from people urging people to wait and let justice take its course etc back then, to people saying the moment has passed now.

For the avoidance of doubt, I think football authorities should at the very least be threatening stronger sanctions to clubs whose fans racially abuse players, so the clubs in turn take a harder line when this happens. As I said earlier in this thread, Sheffield Wednesday don’t appear to have done anything.
Your first line is fucking idiotic

My original reply was cos I thought you were asking why ain't sheff wed punished anyone else

As far as I was aware it was one guy making the gesture and he's been arrested so that's why I replied with that.

Grendel

I think it’s a more urgent problem than perhaps you do. We’ve gone from people urging people to wait and let justice take its course etc back then, to people saying the moment has passed now.

For the avoidance of doubt, I think football authorities should at the very least be threatening stronger sanctions to clubs whose fans racially abuse players, so the clubs in turn take a harder line when this happens. As I said earlier in this thread, Sheffield Wednesday don’t appear to have done anything.

Should we have have played behind closed doors when we did nothing about chanting the support of a women beater and laughing at the victim out of interest?

SBT

Should we have have played behind closed doors when we did nothing about chanting the support of a women beater and laughing at the victim out of interest?
If you’re still bored or lonely, go back to the Ukraine thread, we’re trying to have an actual discussion here

Mucca Mad Boys

‘Latibeaudiere, Latibeaudiere, he’s got the biggest dick in the Championship’
I’m glad I didn’t know the full lyrics to this last Saturday.

I heard his name and ‘in the Championship’ and that was all I could make out.

What an immature song - stereotypes aside, it’s schoolboy humour of the lowest wit.

The many shit amateur songwriters in the fan base need to get in the bin. Every player, even Tavares after his PNE goal had a song.

baldy

I’m surprised that awful song didn’t get thought up on here by some of you wannabe Ivor Novello contenders & your shit song creations

Grendel

If you’re still bored or lonely, go back to the Ukraine thread, we’re trying to have an actual discussion here
Oddly a discussion means an exchange of views

So I maintain your notion of closing a ground down when a section of fans show abusive behaviour in any form is preposterous - as is that certain football fans are somehow genetically conditioned to show certain types of prejudice versus others

rob9872

carry on as usual with a sizeable amount of people excusing it and even more cracking on behind closed doors and in a safe setting I reckon

I’ve been in and around at least 5 instances of racist abuse since the last post on this thread before yours.
How do you not just snap if it's still that often? I know you obviously have self restraint and whilst boiling inside, be nothing new etc but in all seriousness not just occasionally knock someone out? And I don't mean to make light of or compare, but as someone overweight if I was getting called a fat wanker on a daily basis I'd ride some of it out but eventually break and go berserk. Fair play for being better than that, but just can't imagine being that placid 100% of the time.

Astute

I thought it was the other way around “How’s Dion settling?” “Oh fine” “Have you seen his cock? It’s magnificent” sort of thing.
Dion got several comments from several people in football. Even Alex Ferguson made a comment about it. It was deemed as acceptable in them days.

Astute

How do you not just snap if it's still that often? I know you obviously have self restraint and whilst boiling inside, be nothing new etc but in all seriousness not just occasionally knock someone out? And I don't mean to make light of or compare, but as someone overweight if I was getting called a fat wanker on a daily basis I'd ride some of it out but eventually break and go berserk. Fair play for being better than that, but just can't imagine being that placid 100% of the time.
You will never understand a position you're not in like this.

When I was younger a lot of my mates were black. Hardly anyone would say anything in front of them. I didn't understand how bad it was.

Then my eldest was born. Half Asian. Time moved on and my circle of friends/associates changed. I was forever getting grief for pulling up racism and I'm white. I was seen as a trouble maker for doing so.

My daughter had it easy when she was young. Children are not born with racist tendencies. But as she got older people that didn't know her heritage would make racist 'jokes'/comments in front of her. It's not nice when you can't protect your own children.

She is like me. Placid most of the time but once the limit is reached will snap. I remember a time I met up with her and some of her friends in a pub. A lad I had never seen before had eyes for her. Nothing unusual. She's 5'10", slim and good looking. I was finding it funny. Then he made a comment on the lines of he would never shag a black person (polite version). She kept calm for a bit. I sat back as she doesn't like me getting involved when with friends. She then asked him if he wanted to go back to her place. His eyes lit up. She mentioned her heritage. His reply? (You're not a p**i) Before I could act she grabbed my pint and threw it all over him. Guess what? She got barred he didn't. I got barred for telling him what I would do to him if he opened his mouth again. Justice?

The pub owner went from a thriving dinner time to nearly empty every day. My daughter and all her friends went elsewhere. They all worked nearby. Did he regret his actions that day? Financially yes. Did it change him? Not at all.

robbiekeane

Yeh it’s exactly like being called fat being overweight

SBT

Oddly a discussion means an exchange of views

So I maintain your notion of closing a ground down when a section of fans show abusive behaviour in any form is preposterous - as is that certain football fans are somehow genetically conditioned to show certain types of prejudice versus others
This would be a bizarre talking point even if you were serious, but as you show on here time and time again, you’re not looking for a discussion, you’re looking to settle scores and fill the lonely hours in the shed

Another late night for you by the looks of it

rob9872

Yeh it’s exactly like being called fat being overweight
You thick twat, you're repeating exactly what I said!! I said its not comparable but ifvit happened every day it would anger me and therefore how does he put up with something much worse and not react. As usual you're looking for a fight where there isn't one!

Grendel

This would be a bizarre talking point even if you were serious, but as you show on here time and time again, you’re not looking for a discussion, you’re looking to settle scores and fill the lonely hours in the shed

Another late night for you by the looks of it

Oh dear you seem very emotional this morning.

Boss put you on the horoscope page again?

usskyblue

Thank you for staying on this. As some people already know, I’m very passionate about this subject.

The footballing authorities won’t tackle this head-on, instead they’ve chosen to make gestures, like the knee; which, I was and am in favour of, as it brings awareness.

Acknowledging the positive again is awareness, the biggest gesture to date was the creation of a group called ‘Kick it Out’, who have absolutely zero power to impose sanctions.

This seems to be enough for some but for others, like me; we’re wondering what the NEXT steps are? When does the gesturing stop and actual action start? Because, to KP’s point, nothing has changed.

Grendel

You seem smart enough to know you've just proven his point for him. Confusing.

His comment that he seems to think he controls the structure of a debate is pious and arrogant in the extreme - I don’t live in a shed either as was maturely claimed. It deserved an equally puerile response.

robbiekeane

You thick twat, you're repeating exactly what I said!! I said its not comparable but ifvit happened every day it would anger me and therefore how does he put up with something much worse and not react. As usual you're looking for a fight where there isn't one!
Bit of an unnecessary insult but I’ll skip past it. I know your intent here was to empathise. But paralleling racism with being insulted for being overweight, and how you’d respond, misses the mark entirely and frankly, it’s a false equivalence.

- What you’ve unintentionally done by sharing how you’d respond, is suggest someone should reach a breaking point and potentially respond with violence which places an unfair burden on the individual. It sort of implies the responsibility for addressing racism falls on the victim themselves know what I mean?

- calling someone ‘placid’ for not responding violentl can make them question their response to oppression. Actually having to endure racism your whole life and choosing non-violent responses is a pretty big sign of strength/resilience, not passivity.

- re your analogy…racism is rarely about obvious insults that can be easily called out, it’s more often than now cloaked in a weak “deniability”, making it harder to confront without being accused of ‘looking for a fight’.

And about the ‘deniability’ of racism versus being called ‘fat’: The former is a systemic issue that’s often subtly expressed and defended under the guise of ‘jokes’ or ‘cultural misunderstandings’.

Boicey

Can we just park Grendel in the ‘sad crank’ bin and move on?
He spent a year hammering someone about an apparent mental health ‘jibe’ and the Tom Lockyer thread has him telling a recovering alcoholic he should hit the booze to be a better person.
The guy just wants an argument continually.
and now back on the thread….

Grendel

Can we just park Grendel in the ‘sad crank’ bin and move on?
He spent a year hammering someone about an apparent mental health ‘jibe’ and the Tom Lockyer thread has him telling a recovering alcoholic he should hit the booze to be a better person.
The guy just wants an argument continually.
and now back on the thread….

The point I made about a recovering alcoholic was the characteristics he was displaying shows he hasn’t displayed any recovery traits - also he’s a raving misogynist.

My observation here is the poster in question believes severe punishments should be handed to clubs if they can’t control a fanbase from making comments. Other than life bans for said individuals what actually are clubs supposed to actually do? It can’t control behaviours only ban them afterwards

rob9872

Bit of an unnecessary insult but I’ll skip past it. I know your intent here was to empathise. But paralleling racism with being insulted for being overweight, and how you’d respond, misses the mark entirely and frankly, it’s a false equivalence.

- What you’ve unintentionally done by sharing how you’d respond, is suggest someone should reach a breaking point and potentially respond with violence which places an unfair burden on the individual. It sort of implies the responsibility for addressing racism falls on the victim themselves know what I mean?

- calling someone ‘placid’ for not responding violentl can make them question their response to oppression. Actually having to endure racism your whole life and choosing non-violent responses is a pretty big sign of strength/resilience, not passivity.

- re your analogy…racism is rarely about obvious insults that can be easily called out, it’s more often than now cloaked in a weak “deniability”, making it harder to confront without being accused of ‘looking for a fight’.

And about the ‘deniability’ of racism versus being called ‘fat’: The former is a systemic issue that’s often subtly expressed and defended under the guise of ‘jokes’ or ‘cultural misunderstandings’.
And I don't mean to make light of or compare
Ffs can you not read? The point is I didn't make the parallel, that's how you interpreted it. I literally said I wasn't comparing it and used an example of something much less and how that would wind me or most up to demonstrate his self restraint!!!

Boicey

There needs to be a sanction for repeat club racism offences. If a club doesn’t actively tackle the issue (say by effective increased match day stewarding) then I’d absolutely support sanctions such as them having to play behind closed doors.
it can’t carry on.
As to the Lati song the club should issue a statement and the Trust if it still exists!

robbiekeane

Ffs can you not read? The point is I didn't make the parallel, that's how you interpreted it. I literally said I wasn't comparing it and used an example of something much less and how that would wind me or most up to demonstrate his self restraint!!!
Oh okayyyy….”hey here’s an analogy that’s definitely not meant to compare the situations but im going to use here to show how I’d react in an…um, completely unrelated situation”

Another insult too so I’m done with you bye

mmttww

... arrogant in the extreme

It surprises me if you don't reflect on some of your own posts and get 'arrogant' vibes.

Enjoy the argument! Not gonna wade in to whatever's gone on / going on with you two.

Otis

Sad days indeed.

Could never get my head around that at all.

SBT

Well for those of you who think clubs are doing all they can to police their fans - it seems even the FA disagrees.

WestEndAgro

The Reda Johnson song was sung regularly, it was far worse than the Latibeaudiere one that's causing a stir.

Some odd "lyricist's" amongst our support.

shmmeee

Must be a home fan wrong side of the stadium thing, I’ve never sung or heard about a player penis at a game.

Users who are viewing this thread