KP45 - more action now (4 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s now been one month since Palmer was racially abused at Hillsborough. There’s been one arrest. Am I missing something in terms of Sheffield Wednesday and the football authorities working to try and make sure this doesn’t happen again somewhere else? Or are we just going to carry on as usual?
I mean without sounding callous - what can they do? The perpetrator has been arrested. Will likely receive a banning order and a court appearance.

the football authorities are unlikely to punish Sheff Wed for 1 individual.

unfortunately we aren’t a big 6 club - the likelyhood is that life will move on to the next controversy

covcity4life

It’s now been one month since Palmer was racially abused at Hillsborough. There’s been one arrest. Am I missing something in terms of Sheffield Wednesday and the football authorities working to try and make sure this doesn’t happen again somewhere else? Or are we just going to carry on as usual?
Only one person did i thought?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We aren’t a big 6 club like you said so don’t worry about it
You know exactly what I mean - the media would be still all over it if it was say - wan Bissaka.

I wanted the guy caught and punished. Looks like he will be.

what more can anyone do in this situation?

I’m looking for a way to lower my home insurance costs with one easy phone call…..what solution do you think I’m after?

hill83

You know exactly what I mean - the media would be still all over it if it was say - wan Bissaka.

I wanted the guy caught and punished. Looks like he will be.

what more can anyone do in this situation?

I’m 99.999999 percent sure KP wasn’t specifically talking about this purely within a football setting.

But like I said. Nothing can be done. Cunts will be cunts.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’m 99.999999 percent sure KP wasn’t specifically talking about this purely within a football setting.

But like I said. Nothing can be done. Cunts will be cunts.
That’s the cold hard facts - cunts will be cunts. Nothing was picked up on the replay - and as any said at the start of the thread, if the club walked off because it happened again, I’d fully support them.

the c**t has been arrested, he’s likely going to be receiving a court date. Justice will be done. He’ll lose his job.

Astute

I mean without sounding callous - what can they do? The perpetrator has been arrested. Will likely receive a banning order and a court appearance.

the football authorities are unlikely to punish Sheff Wed for 1 individual.

unfortunately we aren’t a big 6 club - the likelyhood is that life will move on to the next controversy
One individual? Didn’t you hear the crowd at other times?

The odds are they have done nothing about it for a long time and it just got si they thought they could do as they like.

covcity4life

Ah nevermind then!
Not sure what you mean though. I assumed you mean nothing been done to sheff wed

If you mean tackling racism as a whole I'm not sure why you are setting time limit from Kasey's instance. Higher profile incidents have not seen enough changes to solve it yet

Astute

That’s the cold hard facts - cunts will be cunts. Nothing was picked up on the replay - and as any said at the start of the thread, if the club walked off because it happened again, I’d fully support them.

the c**t has been arrested, he’s likely going to be receiving a court date. Justice will be done. He’ll lose his job.
There was a video taken from their end calling Palmer a black b. It wasn't just 1 person.

Astute

Not sure what you mean though. I assumed you mean nothing been done to sheff wed

If you mean tackling racism as a whole I'm not sure why you are setting time limit from Kasey's instance. Higher profile incidents have not seen enough changes to solve it yet
Solve it? Never. Drive it underground? Maybe.

hill83

Happened with a Leeds player last year and he came out and said it’s offensive stop it. And he basically got told to fuck off and they cracked on anyway.

Astute

Dion Dublin and Linford Christie all over again!
It was Ron Atkinson who said about the size of Dublin. Years later Atkinson got the boot from being a commentator for making a racist remark when he didn't know his mic was on.

hill83

It was Ron Atkinson who said about the size of Dublin. Years later Atkinson got the boot from being a commentator for making a racist remark when he didn't know his mic was on.

Big Ron was setup though according to somebody on here. I assume they pinned him down and made him say what he said.

NorthernWisdom

Certainly at the Plymouth game. It puzzles me as to why people are focusing on his body parts. I haven’t heard women sing it so perhaps the answer is more obscure? So weird.
It's a classic racist trope, can trace it back to Sara Baartman

_87523034_376392001.jpg
It’s an idea of black people having oversized sexual organs and genetalia, blacks being seen as grotesquely sexual, but definitely deviant in their sexuality.

SBT

I think it’s a more urgent problem than perhaps you do. We’ve gone from people urging people to wait and let justice take its course etc back then, to people saying the moment has passed now.

For the avoidance of doubt, I think football authorities should at the very least be threatening stronger sanctions to clubs whose fans racially abuse players, so the clubs in turn take a harder line when this happens. As I said earlier in this thread, Sheffield Wednesday don’t appear to have done anything.

Astute

I think it’s a more urgent problem than perhaps you do. We’ve gone from people urging people to wait and let justice take its course etc back then, to people saying the moment has passed now.

For the avoidance of doubt, I think football authorities should at the very least be threatening stronger sanctions to clubs whose fans racially abuse players, so the clubs in turn take a harder line when this happens. As I said earlier in this thread, Sheffield Wednesday don’t appear to have done anything.
Final warning any more then play behind closed doors.

Grendel

According to the book it was actually a comment Bryan Richardson made to Alex Ferguson

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

One individual? Didn’t you hear the crowd at other times?

The odds are they have done nothing about it for a long time and it just got si they thought they could do as they like.

As I've said previously, a SW supporter who was a season ticket holder for many years, no longer goes to Hillsborough because of the racist chants by most of the crowd, that have been going on for many years.

shmmeee

According to the book it was actually a comment Bryan Richardson made to Alex Ferguson

I thought it was the other way around “How’s Dion settling?” “Oh fine” “Have you seen his cock? It’s magnificent” sort of thing.

Grendel

I thought it was the other way around “How’s Dion settling?” “Oh fine” “Have you seen his cock? It’s magnificent” sort of thing.

Well yes but Atkinson wasn’t even at the club when the comment was made

Users who are viewing this thread