KP45 - more action now (6 Viewers)

hill83

Jimmy Hill called racist comments a “bit of fun” as well which I never see mentioned.

N-word no worse than saying someone had a big chin wasn’t it?

skybluericoh

Didn’t know that. I might get slated for is as I’m going to say”BUT “ that was a different time.
Not saying it was right but we forget and judge history with today’s standards.
We see people condemning Empire history and slavey. Yes it’s wrong, but we don’t ask for the pyramids, colosseum etc to be pulled down.

hill83

Didn’t know that. I might get slated for is as I’m going to say”BUT “ that was a different time.
Not saying it was right but we forget and judge history with today’s standards.
We see people condemning Empire history and slavey. Yes it’s wrong, but we don’t ask for the pyramids, colosseum etc to be pulled down.

If you were responding to the Jimmy Hill
Stuff this was in 2004 in response to the big Ron stuff

Hobo

Are they? Outside the ground for a start. What hate is incited by the banner? As poor taste as it might be.

There’s a reason protected characteristics are protected.
Disappointed in you as a poster now. Always respected you. But spreading hate is wrong in my book full stop. You would be happy with racial banners against someone like Palmer. Because it is just a banner? FUCK OFF!!!

shmmeee

Disappointed in you as a poster now. Always respected you. But spreading hate is wrong in my book full stop. You would be happy with racial banners against someone like Palmer. Because it is just a banner? FUCK OFF!!!

Spreading hate is a very wide definition. All Cov Are Bastards is technically spreading hate. And tragedy comedy is a British thing, so I’m generally wary of an outright speech ban when it’s not something with an actual living target.

Hobo

Setup? He said what he said.

People love excusing racist comments. FFS it comes out of his own mouth - oh yes but he managed black players? FFS!!!

Hobo

Jimmy Hill called racist comments a “bit of fun” as well which I never see mentioned.

N-word no worse than saying someone had a big chin wasn’t it?

Gary Thompson is on record as saying he suffered loads of racial comments on the training ground at Ryton - because it would toughen him up.

Hobo

There’s nothing the club can do about banners on the M69 tho and while it’s shitty, I’m not sure is has the same affect as racist abuse at a game, which is aimed at discouraging an entire demographic from the sport.

Outside the ground???? Nothing they can do? What a load of bollocks. If the offenders are identified they should be banned from being inside the ground. They should be banned from being inside every ground in the country.

Hobo

I must have missed that. Only saw the helicopter crash one and didn’t look too hard at that. That’s disgusting then and yes they should be banned.
And you didn't think they should be banned for the helicopter crash one FFS!

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I’m no lawyer so don’t know but I think a fan has to admit liability and normally get a caution and subsequently a banning order from police and/or club but if this fan is saying he is innocent not sure what swfc can do. We all want the guilty man dealt with but this chap has yet to be charged so might not be charged, if it was me I wouldn’t go but he might be saying I’m innocent so fuck it I’m going.
Any decent defence lawyer would be yelling prejudice until he is charged.

I

There’s so much wrong with this I don’t even know where to start - I’m not going to correct it, just know it’s mostly rubbish

Hobo

I don’t think a picture of a helicopter crash is as bad as racist abuse, no.
Have you stopped to think who died in the helicopter crash, their nationality, what they achieved for Leicester? And their might not be a hint of racism in it? Even if it isn't racist isn't inciting any form of hate bad??

pusbccfc

Those boos and chants of 'wanker' as he went off were pathetic.

Only noise they've made all night.

Jamesimus

Just here to point out, obviously all clubs have racists within their fanbases unfortunately. Some clubs have a worse problem than others - Millwall and Chelsea spring to mind. Now also, Sheffield Wednesday, which was slightly unexpected tbh.

Cheylesmore ITK

Have you stopped to think who died in the helicopter crash, their nationality, what they achieved for Leicester? And their might not be a hint of racism in it? Even if it isn't racist isn't inciting any form of hate bad??
Sorry but wow.

The leicester owner who died was called Fred Smith and he came from Lutterworth people would make the same cunty banners.

Hobo

Sorry but wow.

The leicester owner who died was called Fred Smith and he came from Lutterworth people would make the same cunty banners.

And my point is it is still inciting hate and is wrong. It is no different if the target is because they are black or it's the fat white kid with glasses. It's the same mentality that does it.

I don't care who they are, where they are from, what team they support, what nationality they are, if they are identified they should be prosecuted and banned from attending football matches.

Cheylesmore ITK

And my point is it is still inciting hate and is wrong. It is no different if the target is because they are black or it's the fat white kid with glasses. It's the same mentality that does it.

I don't care who they are, where they are from, what team they support, what nationality they are, if they are identified they should be prosecuted and banned from attending football matches.
it's still not racist abuse which is what we are talking about

hamertime

Sheff we’d have a large amount of racist supporters. The constant booing of Palmer throughout the game proves that. Hope they go down again now.

Astute

Sorry but wow.

Wow?

Needs to be looked at from both sides. I'm not going to get into any stupid arguments here so not going to say which is worse. All I'm doing is putting another view across. So the banner over the motorway was nowhere near as bad? How about the Bradley Lowery photo being used against the Sunderland support? I say this because it was from the same club supporters as the racial abuse to our player. Imagine how his family feel. Is one life worth more than another? Is upsetting one family worse than upsetting another?

To me you can't compare the two. Both were awful and should never have happened. People that have done either don't have a place in society. One is not more OK than the other.

The best way of putting my point across is asking you a simple question. Being a black African as you stated what would upset you the most. Someone giving you racial abuse or someone taking the piss out of a child you lost? Like I said earlier it's hard to compare the two.

Nick

Administrator

You're trying to make it racist.

Part of the problem.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Wow?

Needs to be looked at from both sides. I'm not going to get into any stupid arguments here so not going to say which is worse. All I'm doing is putting another view across. So the banner over the motorway was nowhere near as bad? How about the Bradley Lowery photo being used against the Sunderland support? I say this because it was from the same club supporters as the racial abuse to our player. Imagine how his family feel. Is one life worth more than another? Is upsetting one family worse than upsetting another?

To me you can't compare the two. Both were awful and should never have happened. People that have done either don't have a place in society. One is not more OK than the other.

The best way of putting my point across is asking you a simple question. Being a black African as you stated what would upset you the most. Someone giving you racial abuse or someone taking the piss out of a child you lost? Like I said earlier it's hard to compare the two.

I think you may be mixing Cheylesmore ITK and me up….

Another thing to add to your post however, now that I’m here, it’s worth noting they are also both a crime in the eyes of the law which suggests similar severity.

Cheylesmore ITK

Wow?

no one is saying one is worse

if you please take the time to actually read the posts you would see they had said the helicopter jibes were racist as their owner was thai

i simply made the point that the same horrible banners would be made if their chairman who died was white and british

Astute

I think you may be mixing Cheylesmore ITK and me up….

Another thing to add to your post however, now that I’m here, it’s worth noting they are also both a crime in the eyes of the law which suggests similar severity.
Sorry for the mixup.

That's kind of my point. If you're black you will know how badly racism affects you. If tou have lost a family member and someone takes the piss out of them you will know how it affects you. But unless you've worn the shoes of both you won't know the damage it causes.

Tomh111

I’m no lawyer so don’t know but I think a fan has to admit liability and normally get a caution and subsequently a banning order from police and/or club but if this fan is saying he is innocent not sure what swfc can do. We all want the guilty man dealt with but this chap has yet to be charged so might not be charged, if it was me I wouldn’t go but he might be saying I’m innocent so fuck it I’m going.
Any decent defence lawyer would be yelling prejudice until he is charged.

I
I think we can all tell you are not a lawyer.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread