Kelvin Wilson (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If you don't get a batch, they put on a big curry after the match.
Tbf, the bloke who runs it looks after the football regulars in there.

Do they still have that shed out the back? I am sure I went there drunk once and they had a hut where they served food?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Looks like he could be a good player if:

1) He stays fit
2) He doesn't rob the budget we need for other new players too

It is a bit odd though, he isn't vocal or a leader (some of the reasons he got rid of Martin) and looks to be as injured as Reda.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure it was out the back, I have no idea where I was then :) it was like an Indian takeaway

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's great that we're in talks with these players or that they're training with us.

Can't wait for some of the f&$kers to actually sign....

I'm praying that on the 1st of August we announce quadruple signings in the space of half an hour.

Not holding out too much hope though...

ccfcway

sounds like he is on his way

from last nights meeting

" Wilson and McCann will be signed. Wilsons injury record is a gamble but one Mowbray feels is worth taking. McCann loan is not ideal but better to have a few month"

Esoterica

sounds like he is on his way

from last nights meeting

" Wilson and McCann will be signed. Wilsons injury record is a gamble but one Mowbray feels is worth taking. McCann loan is not ideal but better to have a few month"
Wonder what the difference is between him and Reda? I can't imagine Wilson is going to be that cheap if the reports on his previous salary are true and if Championship clubs were sniffing around.

Captain Dart

So all the money spent on injury prone Wilson. Is this any smarter than throwing it at Reda? Can't see TM being here this time next season unless his gamble pays off.

Wonder what the difference is between him and Reda?
The essential difference is that Reda has never managed a full season, Kelvin used to but has had a lot of injury setbacks in last few seasons. * Although it is still a patchy record.

Last edited:

coop

But we no where reda is in terms of fitness I think signing either of them is a massive gamble and I think TM is at the point of I can't get anybody else so he'll do.My opinion

ashbyjan

MV said that it was a risk but worth taking as he is a quality player - the dominant centre back we need. Reda is still training with club but not in full contact training yet. He said its no secret that TM is big admirer of Reda and havent ruled out some form of deal but nothing being discussed until Reda is fit. Says deal would be in clubs favour so player might not want to do for it but eventually if nothing else on table for him who knows. Unlikely to be pay as you play as this causes many practical problems for players in terms of simple things like getting a mortgage etc

Shakeitup

Now imagine Reda and Wilson. That would be a dominant pairing. (Or they could become great friends on the physio tables!) but let's try to think positively!

Slightly off topic here, but stick with me.

I actually thought of Reda when reading Gael Clichy's comments about Pep's new training philosophy at Man City. He said players that are not in optimum fitness are relegated away from first team training until they improve their bass line fitness and body fat percentage. The reasoning being, if players are not in prime condition then they are more suseptible to injury and this a liability and burden on the team.

I wonder if TM should take this approach with players. Moreover, I wonder if there's any way to build that into their contact, as a part of their fulfillment of being an employee. It may kick a few of them into shape (literally!)

AFCCOVENTRY

MV said that it was a risk but worth taking as he is a quality player - the dominant centre back we need. Reda is still training with club but not in full contact training yet. He said its no secret that TM is big admirer of Reda and havent ruled out some form of deal but nothing being discussed until Reda is fit. Says deal would be in clubs favour so player might not want to do for it but eventually if nothing else on table for him who knows. Unlikely to be pay as you play as this causes many practical problems for players in terms of simple things like getting a mortgage etc

Welcome to the real world Reda, where people struggle with temp jobs and can't get a mortgage!

D

Deleted member 2477

Id rather have reda based on those stats but either way if we had both we will need teo more defenders as cover for them or we will be in the same situation as last leason.

Tm seems to have lost out on his main targets he had presumably because of our crap wages offered and we are now having to scrape the barrel for injury prone out of contract players. Forest fans dont speak very highly of him

Grendel

Id rather have reda based on those stats but either way if we had both we will need teo more defenders as cover for them or we will be in the same situation as last leason.

Tm seems to have lost out on his main targets he had presumably because of our crap wages offered and we are now having to scrape the barrel for injury prone out of contract players. Forest fans dont speak very highly of him

Scraping a barrell that championship clubs are looking at.

What an idiot you are.

steve82

I actually believe we will have Wilson, and Johnson signed. Reda will be a short deal until Jan to protect us a bit then extend till end of season if still fit.
You'd like to think between them they could last a season

Sky_Blue_Daz

I would love a fully fit Johnson and Wilson that would be an amazing backbone

To be fair I'd take them on a " Paul McGrath " type training schedule

georgehudson

there's no point comparing our situation to that of man c, the sum total of full time pro's @ man c's disposal is well over 100, (inc feeder clubs), whereas CCFC's is mid 30's,
so, if our funds are used prudently, & it meant both RJ & KW were available, then IF they can attain a reasonable level of fitness, that would be a huge + for CCFC

fernandopartridge

So all the money spent on injury prone Wilson. Is this any smarter than throwing it at Reda? Can't see TM being here this time next season unless his gamble pays off.

The essential difference is that Reda has never managed a full season, Kelvin used to but has had a lot of injury setbacks in last few seasons. * Although it is still a patchy record.
The thing is we know a lot more about Reda to know that he isn't a risk worth taking. Wilson is more of a unknown and it isn't necessarily just injury that has kept him out.

fernandopartridge

What the fact that Reda has less than half the career appearances. Not very logical.

vow

Reda still not in full contact training... He had returned to training last season, what's he been doing all this time?
I believe it was a grade 3 hamstring injury, the worst you can get and it can take months to heal.

I think he returned to light training, strengthening his hammy etc. end of last season. I was under the impression he has had his own training regime, to lessen the niggly injuries.
The hammy imo was very unlucky.

i think a Wilson/Johnson partnership would work. Both experienced so maybe feel less of a need to overstretch themselves if confident in each other? not putting a slight on anyone last season but our back 4 rarely was settled. Still think Johnson injury could have been avoided with better officials.

That's one thing I'm not looking forward too again. Horrendous officials for both sides....

AGSB15

Wilson - 30 years old - 379 appearances - 6 goals
Reda - 28 years old - 173 appearances - 29 goals

I've not read the rest of the thread but hello, Reda for sure on these stats.

I remember watching Wilson in CL for Celtic and I thought he was class but then I watched him versus our 21's last season at City Ground and he was proper shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackdg

Are people picking Reda based on age or goals scored from those stats? If so, I feel like you're missing the main stat of the three!

Otis

Are people picking Reda based on age or goals scored from those stats? If so, I feel like you're missing the main stat of the three!
Yup.

Basic logic is you that want your best players playing for you as much as possible isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread