Kelvin Wilson (1 Viewer)

steve82

Sign Wilson on 1 year deal with 2nd year in clubs favour

Sign Reda on a 6 month deal which will automatically renew till end of season if he makes so many appearances

Don't play Reda in cup competitions, league only

I believe this will be the case, people saying fuck off Reda but his injury record and type of injuries are the same as kelvin Wilsons.
Caution still required with this signing should it happen.

SkyBlueCRJ

Sign Wilson on 1 year deal with 2nd year in clubs favour

Sign Reda on a 6 month deal which will automatically renew till end of season if he makes so many appearances

Don't play Reda in cup competitions, league only

Caution does need to be taken when considering signing these two because if injured early we have to rely on reserves or youth until Jan, I just don't know if it's worth signing them both. I'd rather have an average CB that plays the whole season than Reda who plays 1/3 and disrupts the foundations of the team. The proposed deals you mentioned do both make sense and the thought of a pairing of Wilson and Reda makes me froth at the mouth but its a poison chalice in my opinion that Mowbray should avoid. Sign either one or the other, not both

Liquid Gold

I hope we see Wilson come through the door. We'd be lucky to have a defender of his ability, particularly at this level which we all know is terrible.

We can be safe in the knowledge that if Reda does sign it'll be on greatly reduced terms again. I think he's going to have to come to terms that his wage expectations don't match his injury record and he's going to have to prove himself again to earn decent money.

Does anybody know what the rules are re signing unattached players outside of transfer windows are?

bawtryneal

We have to be realistic. Reda and/or Wilson would both be paying in the Championship if it was`nt for their injury issues. If fit they would be excellent players for us and would get us into the play offs, at worst.
100% agree with Tom88 comments above. On those terms and conditions and only play them in the league games
We would have Willis, Rickets and Stokes as back up, so not bad strength in depth for a team in our situation.

luwalla

Reda is a beast of a player, defensive wise players back off challenges with him & he is very rarely out muscled! our form took a noticeable drop when he was injured... and he scores goals to boot.

If he is willing to accept a pay per play deal or something along those lines, then really its a no brainer. he is a top end championship defender when he is fit.

Otis

I'm not sure I'd go that far....
Agree.

He is a good League One defender, but is prone to costly errors at times and even though I think he could play in the Championship, I wouldn't say it would be at the top end of that league myself.

ready_96

If we're playing 3-5-2 we only need one centre half to play in the middle of a back 3 with stokes and willis either side.

That in mind you could alternate between reda, wilson and a possible prem youth loan. Manage it carefully and that could work quite well

steve82

Think we all no there ability is a league above but there body is not up to that physical standard and demands required. Hence why reda was/is here and why we're in with a shout of signing a player of the quality of Wilson.

robbiekeane

If we're playing 3-5-2 we only need one centre half to play in the middle of a back 3 with stokes and willis either side.

That in mind you could alternate between reda, wilson and a possible prem youth loan. Manage it carefully and that could work quite well
depending on how narrow or wide they are playing we could have three centre halves

SkyBlueCRJ

A text from a friend of mine who's huge a Forest fan:
If he is fit and focuses he is extremely good. However when he gets injured or dropped he looses interest and gets complacent. If your manager knocks him into touch and gets him playing consistent football he'll be a quality signing for you and easily a stand out talent in league one.

It's clear Wilson would probably walk League One and the prospect of him signing hardly fills me with disappointment but the injury record over the last 3 years is concerning. Seems to me that if he is closely monitored and looked after he will stay fit, obvious comment but my mate seemed to think that he wasn't being given enough time to recover during his injury spells. Each time when he returned after a spell on the sidelines he looked fatigued, uninterested and only 50% of the player he was before the injury. If Mowbray provides him with the proper care and doesn't make the same mistake I'm sure the injury issues won't be a big of a problem as people think

jackdg

My issue with signing Wilson is that if Mowbray only signs Wilson at CB, I can see him playing every game... the chances of him being injured increase dramatically if that is the case. I think Wilson or Johnson have to be signed together (and rotate) or with another experienced CB just to give us a chance to rest them and take the pressure off.

ccfcway

also, Ricketts is another year older and we cant have him playing as many games as he did last season

Liquid Gold

But we should hopefully get a full season out of Willis who is a year older and only played a handful of games last season

stevefloyd

Maybe if Reda could play a full season he would be a top end Championship player and he would eradicate the mistakes he makes but agree if we could get them both and add a top loan CB it wouldn't be looking too shabby at all...just the full backs to worry about then ohh and a striker

Users who are viewing this thread