Transfer Rumour Kasey Palmer - Confirmed (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I’ll say it again: his stats when actually on the pitch are very good. Goal every 400 mins at Championship level (O’Hare is 939), assist every 600 mins (O’Hare: 441), would be interested if @Frostie or someone can post his more detailed stats. But if he did that over a season that’s ten goals which I think we’d all be happy with.

Question again is, why has he only played the equivalent of 66 league games in 8 seasons?

Great_Expectations

Said it when his name was first mooted; pretty happy with the signing.

Clearly has ability and was once well thought of, just needs the right management and support around him; something he’ll get here. We know how important the mental side of the game is.

Him and COH behind Gyokeres is a strong offensive three and certainly a step up for Allen at 10 (and that’s no disrespect to Allen who does a decent job whenever asked).

Positive signing number one of many (let’s hope).

SeaSeeEffCee

Came across quite well in his interview on Twitter. Looking forward to seeing him play for us and seeing how he gets on.

EAst ender

Hiya sky blues, I hope you're all well.
Thought it worth popping on to give a BCFC fans view of Kasey.
An extremely talented footballer that became too comfortable at ours. Questionable attitude? Maybe.
He was given the opportunity to have a side built around him by Nigel P but just didn't deliver on his undoubted talent and took the money for doing nothing.
IF you can keep him motivated and interested, you have a fine player but, if he follows his normal routine, he will disappear and be happy to take a wage ( quite a big one at ours).
We, as a support base are glad he's gone but also massively frustrated at how good he could be.
BTW, his song, to 'I love you baby'...
Oh Kasey Palmer, you're the love of my life,
oh Kasey Palmer, I'd let you shag my wife,
Oh Kasey Palmer I'd want dreadlocks like you ( repeat ad infinitum).
I hope he realises his talent with you. If he does, consistently, he's bordering on Premier League. Sadly, at ours and at Swansea, he didn't or couldn't be bothered.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Sounds like it's his last chance to prosper at a decent level tbh..... both he and Robins have got their work cut out then....

Hobo

Question again is, why has he only played the equivalent of 66 league games in 8 seasons?
[/QUOTE]

Football is as much about whether your face fits than about ability and talent.

I doubt Paul Telfer would have had the career he had under any other manager other than Gordon Strachan.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Hiya sky blues, I hope you're all well.
Thought it worth popping on to give a BCFC fans view of Kasey.
An extremely talented footballer that became too comfortable at ours. Questionable attitude? Maybe.
He was given the opportunity to have a side built around him by Nigel P but just didn't deliver on his undoubted talent and took the money for doing nothing.
IF you can keep him motivated and interested, you have a fine player but, if he follows his normal routine, he will disappear and be happy to take a wage ( quite a big one at ours).
We, as a support base are glad he's gone but also massively frustrated at how good he could be.
BTW, his song, to 'I love you baby'...
Oh Kasey Palmer, you're the love of my life,
oh Kasey Palmer, I'd let you shag my wife,
Oh Kasey Palmer I'd want dreadlocks like you ( repeat ad infinitum).
I hope he realises his talent with you. If he does, consistently, he's bordering on Premier League. Sadly, at ours and at Swansea, he didn't or couldn't be bothered.
It’s pretty much the market we’re shopping in, we can bring in talent but got to accept there is potential flaws.

Todd Kane and Bright Enobakhare appear to be similar types of players. We’re hoping that his youth manager who’s our assistant brings out the best.

think I read that Pearson wasn’t a fan because he doesn’t track back? Could face the same issues here if Robins and Adi can’t get him to do this.

we’ve trusted them this far so, personally I’m optimistic

Tea & Busquets

It’s pretty much the market we’re shopping in, we can bring in talent but got to accept there is potential flaws.

Todd Kane and Bright Enobakhare appear to be similar types of players. We’re hoping that his youth manager who’s our assistant brings out the best.

think I read that Pearson wasn’t a fan because he doesn’t track back? Could face the same issues here if Robins and Adi can’t get him to do this.

we’ve trusted them this far so, personally I’m optimistic
Kasey doesn’t seem like a prick like the priors.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Good that we've got another much needed ACM in, and looks like he has a decent amount of talent to create chances.

Would maybe have liked a bit better scoring record, and the appearances/fan reviews are a slight cause for concern, but cautiously optimistic.

fatso

I'm sure he realises his career is at a crossroads now, if he fails here, he's looking at non league next.
On a plus side if MR and AV can get a song out of him then we've finally got cover and competition for O'hare, and as he's on a 3 year contract, we wouldn't be so screwed if O'hare moves on at some stage.

KenilworthSkyBlue

My only concern with these types of players is that coming from a club like Chelsea, and being put on the wages they're on at such an early age, is that it breeds entitlement as they feel like they've already made it. A vice that is horribly difficult to coach out of a player. I think Todd Kane is a classic case of this.

Hopefully the last few years have been a reality check and he's coming to the club with a point to prove otherwise I feel bringing him on board could be a pretty costly mistake.

EAst ender

My only concern with these types of players is that coming from a club like Chelsea, and being put on the wages they're on at such an early age, is that it breeds entitlement as they feel like they've already made it. A vice that is horribly difficult to coach out of a player. I think Todd Kane is a classic case of this.

Hopefully the last few years have been a reality check and he's coming to the club with a point to prove otherwise I feel bringing him on board could be a pretty costly mistake.
Cracking post and very accurate.
I've no idea what you are paying him but he was one of the higher earners at our place, over £20k a week by all accounts.
When he was on loan here, he was awesome, especially when Benik was fit, the two of them just worked.
I hope you get to see the player we saw in his early time with us, if you do you will absolutely adore him.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Cracking post and very accurate.
I've no idea what you are paying him but he was one of the higher earners at our place, over £20k a week by all accounts.
When he was on loan here, he was awesome, especially when Benik was fit, the two of them just worked.
I hope you get to see the player we saw in his early time with us, if you do you will absolutely adore him.
Do you think he will work well with Gyökeres?

Liquid Gold

Do you think he will work well with Gyökeres?
I think he'll work well with O'Hare.

Cal will do all his running and harrying and relentless energy like he always does to annoy the defence and that will allow Palmer to sit in the hole and do something when we win the ball.

I think Godden will love him more than Gyok as he'll anticipate the striker's run so well and put it on a plate.

mark82

I think he'll work well with O'Hare.

Cal will do all his running and harrying and relentless energy like he always does to annoy the defence and that will allow Palmer to sit in the hole and do something when we win the ball.

I think Godden will love him more than Gyok as he'll anticipate the striker's run so well and put it on a plate.

Also he may have a lot of space if teams continue to put multiple players on the likes of O'Hare and Gyökeres.

fernandopartridge

I'm led to believe Kane isn't shy about bragging of his riches

SlowerThanPlatt

Charlie Wakefield bought his dad a Jag when he was 18, fair play to him but that shouldn’t be possible

Skybluedownunder

I’m really wondering why everywhere says we paid an undisclosed fee for him when Bristol were desperate to get him off their wage bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread