Kai Andrews (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldy

Fuck me - how anybody can be offended at this thread is beyond me - are people really this weak mentally now? Get a grip

Briles

You should. This is basic advice for both being on the internet and being mildly famous. Do you think I went searching RateMyTeacher when I was a teacher? And if I did what response from the kids would I have got if someone had then gone into the comments?

Look up the Streisand Effect, that’s basically what’s happened on this thread. By intervening you’ve made a mildly amusing forgettable thread into something about the player.

We’ve had young players family on here before and it never works out well for the lad. If you care for him, your best best if to ignore comments and help him work out how to be mildly famous in the internet age. You ain’t gonna stop anonymous internet people from making jokes related to a five minute debut, and you certainly ain’t gonna stop them when it’s something serious like a missed penalty or bad game. Best to learn how best to deal.

It's more about the age. And grown mens inability to see a kid for a kid and not just a footballer. If you had kids you'd get it. 16 is young mate. You might be just "taking the piss" and if that helps you get through life then so be it. I'm still gonna call you out. Tough shit

Briles

Fuck me - how anybody can be offended at this thread is beyond me - are people really this weak mentally now? Get a grip

I'm not offended?

shmmeee

It's more about the age. And grown mens inability to see a kid for a kid and not just a footballer. If you had kids you'd get it. 16 is young mate. You might be just "taking the piss" and if that helps you get through life then so be it. I'm still gonna call you out. Tough shit

But genuinely mate, no one was taking the piss out of Kai. It was just one of them funny things. I’m almost 100% sure even he had a chuckle, or a moan, or just a comment about how the whistle went almost as soon as he got on.

I get he’s young. And to be honest I was saying in another thread that at his age playing for a school team would probably be healthier (not about him specifically, young players in general).

But 16 is the age where you need to learn how to deal with the world on your own. I genuinely hope the lad has a football career ahead of him, and to get through that I hope he learns how to handle the rough and tumble of fan culture. Rather now over a misreading of some jokes than when he’s getting what Dabo did in the summer.

We all wish we could make everyone be nice to everyone online, but it’s not going to happen and explicitly asking for it is a red rag to a bull. So as I say best to learn how to handle it.

Johhny Blue

Apologies, it was never my intention to mock him but more the unluckiness of literally having 15 seconds game time. He should be proud, it's a massive achievement, but I bet secretly he is disappointed not to have touched the ball.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Don’t apologize. Some people just don’t understand good natured banter. I’m sure he and friends and family are enjoying the fun.

baldy

You're making more of an issue of this than the kid probably has - ridiculous reaction

Otis

People are surely just saying because he looks so young and is so young, he's practically a baby and then the other thing, is just very lightheartedly making a very, very mild joke about him being on the field for barely seconds.

It wasn't mocking him or taking the pee.

djr8369

Not sure how people are finding this so complicated. It doesn’t have to be taking the piss, or harsh, or derogatory of the lad to be hurtful and to trivialise what would obviously be a huge milestone for him.

If somebody points that out maybe take it onboard like a fucking adult rather than double down and basically say “life’s tough”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread