Just who is running the ccfc asylum ??? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You're really hitting the intellectual peaks these days, aren't you?

I'm aiming comments at the level of the audience

Grendel

You have to remember that Grendel doesn't appear to care about the Charity set up to help deprived Coventry children.

Is that the best you can do as a comeback?

Pathetic - can't really say much else.

Sky Blue Kid

Similarly you lie and make up statements to help back your paper-thin arguments. The difference being?

Nah Torchy!....I've got morals, I don't lie, and I don't make up statements. If you're refering to your "Father and car parking"...you DID say it! I'm not trawling through your posts to prove it.
Both you and Grenduffy lack any moral fibre, as I said in my last post to Grenduffy, You don't care about Childrens Charities, and would walk over anyone in your way to get what you want!...But wouldn't pay the "Parking Fee though":eek:

torchomatic

#pantsonfire

Nah Torchy!....I've got morals, I don't lie, and I don't make up statements. If you're refering to your "Father and car parking"...you DID say it! I'm not trawling through your posts to prove it.
Both you and Grenduffy lack any moral fibre, as I said in my last post to Grenduffy, You don't care about Childrens Charities, and would walk over anyone in your way to get what you want!...But wouldn't pay the "Parking Fee though":eek:

Sky Blue Kid

Ooh, I have to say that is pretty desperate. They should have given the money to the "deprived" 8 years ago and not bothered with us. I hope all the people who work for Higgs do it for nothing. After all they wouldn't want to take food from the mouths of those kids, would they?

But. Seriously. That was a ridiculous statement to make.

You've never said anything more relevant:pointlaugh:

covmark

And yet another interesting thread turns into a playground argument between the usual suspects, pretty pathetic lads

SkyblueBazza

Usually investeing in property is a safe bet over a period of time

The point is that if you asked the deprived kids if they would rather have a roof over their head (or whatever it is they are deprived of) now...or see the money used as it was - & I am just guessing here - I think they'd say " the roof over my head now".

James Smith

The point is that if you asked the deprivied kids if they would rather have a roof over their head (or whatever it is they are deprived of) now...or see the money used as it was - & I am just guessing here - I think they'd say " the roof over my head now".
Actually if you read up on the charity it wasn't just set up to help deprived children but stated within the objects is
Such charitable purposes as the trustees may select which shall benefit wholly or mainly the inhabitants of the area within 25miles of Coventry City centre.

Source:http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends67/0000509367_ac_20110405_e_c.pdf
They therefore I am assuming they decided that taking on the club's stake in the Arena met that criteria when the trustees were looking at the plight of our club. I have never mentioned any other project or recipient of the charity's funds (apart from the Alan Higgs Centre) because I don't know of any others, so where did this roof come from?

Last edited:

Grendel

Actually if you read up on the charity it wasn't just set up to help deprived children but stated within the objects is

Source:http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends67/0000509367_ac_20110405_e_c.pdf
They therefore I am assuming they decided that taking on the club's stake in the Arena met that criteria when the trustees were looking at the plight of our club. I have never mentioned any other project or recipient of the charity's funds (apart from the Alan Higgs Centre) because I don't know of any others, so where did this roof come from?

Why did you like Covmark's comment when you started the playground spat with your children's charity nonsense?

hutch1972

It depends on how serious or immediate the club's debts were at the time. For McGinnity to have wanted to sell the shareholding suggests very, so perhaps they saw it as essential to keeping a major Coventry asset going without the club taking on more debt. The council's quotes of late have defied belief but the charity has been behind the club for a fair while.

The debts at that time was owed mostly to board members, and is the main reason why we didnt go into admin years ago.
Had the debts been to the taxman im certain it would have happened around 2005ish.

Moff

And yet another interesting thread turns into a playground argument between the usual suspects, pretty pathetic lads

I like the irony that James Smith liked this post, and yet he is one it is aimed at. :whistle:

Grendel

Waldorf

I don't think anyone has yet explained the management fee's in detail.
But nobody seem to have any proof the fee's have ever been actually paid, but rather used as a tool to shift assets within the group.

The only thing that gives me any comfort in all this mess is the inevitable outcome: The club and ACL will ultimately be united under the same umbrella and for the first time in almost two decades will find itself on a solid financial foundation.
And it really doesn't matter whoever owns the umbrella.

"It really doesn't matter whoever owns the umbrella."? It damn well does. I don't want the club I support being owned by an Owen Oyston, or a Carson Yeung. And I place hedge funds not much above criminals.

SkyblueBazza

I'm cool with that...I hadn't read up on it - just like those amongst us who use the emotional argument of SISU trying to steal from a charity for deprived kids of Coventry hadn't...which I was countering.

Nonleagueherewecome

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by torchomatic Ooh, I have to say that is pretty desperate. They should have given the money to the "deprived" 8 years ago and not bothered with us. I hope all the people who work for Higgs do it for nothing. After all they wouldn't want to take food from the mouths of those kids, would they?

But. Seriously. That was a ridiculous statement to make.

The sarcasm knows no bounds does it Torchy? At least you now Acknowledge the fact that ACL/Higgs/CCC. did save CCFC's arse.(Two-faced prat)

Nonleagueherewecome

I like the irony that James Smith liked this post, and yet he is one it is aimed at. :whistle:

I can only assume you have Grendel on "ignore" if you didn't think that he was equally culpable.

Godiva

Its just James 'liked' the post which I found ironic. Grendel didnt.

It seems to me that most 'like' is given to posts containing personal abuse or ridicule.
Sadly that means you can no longer scan a thread to find interesting posts based on the number of 'likes'.

dongonzalos

It seems to me that most 'like' is given to posts containing personal abuse or ridicule.
Sadly that means you can no longer scan a thread to find interesting posts based on the number of 'likes'.

Use a smart phone, you don't see the likes. Knobhead

torchomatic

Just to clarify Godiva the abuse was sarcasm

Can i point that any abuse i direct at SBK is not sarcasm. Just simple straightforward abuse.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Disorganised1

I suspect we will end up with a council owned ground and football club.

Users who are viewing this thread