Just give us Dennis Wise FFS !!!!! (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Instant results? I don't call 25 years as instant :D

This is true...25yrs of decline (I'm talking the club as a whole). Started gradual (pretty much un-noticed even)...& has gained momentum...but there are signs that the ship is steadying financially (as opposed to the helper-skelter of perhaps 5yrs ago). It's impact is toughest on us the fans at the moment, & as it's taken 25yrs to get here - a heck of a lot more patience is needed as it's likely gonna take a few yrs to get back anywhere near where we want to be.

Grendel

Attendances show football is garbage

If you apply the logic the biggest percentage drop was last season so that proves Thorns brand of football was complete garbage.

It must also prove on Saturday we were the most attractive team in League One - we had the highest attendance.

stupot07

If you apply the logic the biggest percentage drop was last season so that proves Thorns brand of football was complete garbage.

It must also prove on Saturday we were the most attractive team in League One - we had the highest attendance.

That's because sheff Utd and Pompy were both away...

Grendel

That's because sheff Utd and Pompy were both away...

Did say on this Saturday. Even by that logic though we must be the third most attractive in the League.

stupot07

Did say on this Saturday. Even by that logic though we must be the third most attractive in the League.

Yeah we're third....i wouldn't use the word 'attractive'. We are the 9th largest city in England (according to Wiki) and the 20th largest populous urban area in the UK.....

Grendel

As I said I think Swindon have spent money, has anyone else.

Those nine players have contracts. People had heard of Kilbane, Elliott, Fleck, Barton.
Brown, Ball where pretty unheard of like with most loan players (Nimely, Norwood, Henderson.....)
DMC was in the pipeline.
So it is only really the two French boys.
I am afraid in league one terms I would say this is top six level investment.

Very few would have heard of Barton or Fleck (other than some may remember his uncle).

I don't really get the point anyway. Everyone heard of Colin Hendry and Tim Sherwood - so would they also be sound investment as we had heard of them? I had heard of John Gayle before he signed - does that prove he is any good?

Grendel

psgm1

Banned
And after a few games u will want wise out aswell? Constantly changing managers don't help anything

Constantly changing managers with BAD managers doesn't help, but IF cov could get a DECENT manager, they could stand a chance!

What's the evidence for robin's having turned the team around? Just look at the failings before robins took over and see whether or not things have improved

Failings:

Cannot play full 90 minutes - unchanged
Cannot hold on to leads consistently - unchanged
Cannot score goals consistently - Apart from DM unchanged
Weak defensively - unchanged
Weak in midfield - unchanged
Stupid defensive errors in majority of matches - unchanged.

So HOW has robins improved the team? With the notable exception of McGoldrick, the squad is no better than under Thorn.

You cannot even compare him to Shaw, as Robins unlike Shaw was allowed to bring in 4 players!

As saturday proved without doubt, if McGoldrick doesn't score - Coventry CANNOT win games!

McGoldrick played poorly and low and behold cov lose!

FFS he played Clarke on the left! If ever a player was not suited to play on the left its Clarke!

Indeed there is a very strong case to say cov have gone backwards - not forwards!

The true test will be Jan. It will be interesting to see what if any new players robins brings in. All last season it was essential to bring in a striker and it is STILL essential!

If he doesn't bring in a new striker, then cov are doomed. even if by some miracle DM does stay, a team cannot survive on the goals of one player - he'd need to be a 50-60 goal a season player to be able to do that, and ther eis only one player in the world currently capable of that - and I highly doubt cov could afford his wages!

Users who are viewing this thread