Julien Dacosta - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

mr_monkey

Except I didn't did I? I made an analogy, you (the I assume not autistic person)are claiming being likened to autistic people is insulting, then having the cheek to claim the moral high ground. Stayed out of this but you don't just get to make shit up. ;)

Fucking running around thinking you're Batman for tone policing autistic people talking about their own condition. How stunning and brave!

But you weren't describing yourself though mate you were using it in a derogatory way to describe people who didn't agree with your point of view.

Not trying to be stunning and brave or a snowflake or what ever other trumpism you want to use to describe me. It doesn't matter if you have autism or not, it's not cool to use it as a derogatory term to describe other people and I would have thought that having it you would appreciate that, that's all my point was

cc84cov

Mason was very good in the early stages of last season before McCallum came in and could have felt a little hard done by to have lost his place. There may be an issue on if he can effectively bring in the attacking aspects of a LWB as he's a more traditional LB, but not sure why you feel Giles would be an improvement based on his time here.
Mason got bullied at Rotherham & was dropped from that point on he’s decent enough but too small & weak.

covcity4life

Not sure why club would not tells fans if Dabo had a bad injury. Especially as already completed deal for replacement so don't have to worry about being fleeced when negotiating as in a hard up position

Nonleagueherewecome

I think in fairness the whole bloody team got bullied that day.
Abso-bloody-lutely. It's a bit odd how having a stinker against Rotherham is always brought up when:
a) Most of the XI that day who also had shockers went on to play key roles last season.
b) Mason was better than the vast majority of them up until that point that season...
c) We didn't play wing-backs that game, it was the hammering in that game that led to us adopting that formation.

It is however I think that he is less-suited to the WB role than the FB one that has hurt him. I still think he could do a job though as he was a cracking young left-sided player. If we persist with WB's and don't think he can play there, maybe he can play left-side of the back three a la Pearce in his later days.

mr_monkey

Abso-bloody-lutely. It's a bit odd how having a stinker against Rotherham is always brought up when:
a) Most of the XI that day who also had shockers went on to play key roles last season.
b) Mason was better than the vast majority of them up until that point that season...
c) We didn't play wing-backs that game, it was the hammering in that game that led to us adopting that formation.

It is however I think that he is less-suited to the WB role than the FB one that has hurt him. I still think he could do a job though as he was a cracking young left-sided player. If we persist with WB's and don't think he can play there, maybe he can play left-side of the back three a la Pearce in his later days.

Lcb is a cracking shout, add a bit of pace to the back three

Frostie

Did you actually hear that rumour or just read the rumour that was on this forum?

I heard it elsewhere too from a source who has been right about other things in the past.

Also this: He's close to some of the players & has been spot on in the past.

Such as this in April, club announced it in June:

And then this a month before kits were unveiled, we hadn't even confirmed Hummel as kit suppliers by this point:

And this; dates since confirmed in Boddy's statement today:

And this, obviously still TBC by the club but added to website yesterday:

EcaFrt1XYAANi1I.jpg

I guess we'll know more on Monday if Dabo is training.

Last edited:

cc84cov

We changed formation at half time against Fleetwood at home

Nonleagueherewecome

We changed formation at half time against Fleetwood at home
My mistake. McCallum proved to be better suited to that role though (and one of the key reasons it worked so well), rather than "Mason was terrible against Rotherham so we never picked him again" per se. Indeed we carried on stuttering for a while when Mason had been dropped until that formation change a few games afterwards. If Mason had been playing in any other position other than one rendered obsolete by a change in formation, then he'd have featured more later in the season I'm sure.

I hope he can adapt to a different role, as it would be a shame to write him off given how good he had looked up to the Rotherham game.

Magwitch

I think it was just a case of young McCallum got picked ahead of Mason can’t remember if it was because of injury or whatever, played well, and kept his spot it happens that’s football. Played well enough to earn a big move to a Premiership club. If Mason got back into the team and played anywhere near how he was the first couple of months of the season that’ll be fine for me.

SlowerThanPlatt

What’s up with this guy? He was watching the Rangers game on crutches and the club haven’t said anything about what injury he has...

Sky Blue Harry H

What’s up with this guy? He was watching the Rangers game on crutches and the club haven’t said anything about what injury he has...
Which player are you talking about - Fankaty or Dacosta ?

Edit: apologies

Julien Dacosta
Injured

It is not known what Julien Dacosta did to miss the club's clash with Rangers but it seems he picked up an injury during his first week of Sky Blues training.

Since then the club have remained tight-lipped about his injury status.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Which player are you referring to?

Edit: apologies

Julien Dacosta
Injured

It is not known what Julien Dacosta did to miss the club's clash with Rangers but it seems he picked up an injury during his first week of Sky Blues training.

Since then the club have remained tight-lipped about his injury status.

Esoterica

Interesting that MR went with Burroughs there for the first half against Rangers. And Pask played CB. Could be in for a surprise.
Saturday should be another clue! Given Drysdale played well, if McFadzean is fit to play (I didn't see a reason why he wasn't involved but saw him on the training vids) then i'd expect him to slot in at CB and Pask to move over to RWB

mr_monkey

Interesting that MR went with Burroughs there for the first half against Rangers. And Pask played CB. Could be in for a surprise.

Think that was probably more due to the mcfadz injury... But other than a shaky first 5/10 mins I thought Burroughs did bloody well in that game

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If Rose, Hyam and Fadz are all fit I think Pask may be switched to RWB in an emergency. If they're not he;ll be in the centre. I can't see MR playing Drysdale in the centre instead and Pask on the right in a league game.

Might well see a short term loan like we had with watson last year if Dabo or Dacosta are expected to be fit reasonably quickly.

cc84cov

We can’t take Burroughs into the champ ffs what’s up with Da Costa ? Prob another ACL victim we’ve signed

SleepyGinger

If Rose, Hyam and Fadz are all fit I think Pask may be switched to RWB in an emergency. If they're not he;ll be in the centre. I can't see MR playing Drysdale in the centre instead and Pask on the right in a league game.

Might well see a short term loan like we had with watson last year if Dabo or Dacosta are expected to be fit reasonably quickly.
Don’t think Rose will be fit for the start of the season, I imagine with no more signings our back 5 would look something like

mason/Giles hyam mcfadz drysdale pask

unless he puts mason or Giles on the right

larry_david

Careful using logic or sense here, didn't you know our entire squad is out with ACL injuries
Ridiculous ain't it. Club haven't given an official update on anyone except Rose and dabo. But because Tom leach put an article out through boredom which says 'no update on condition' we assume we've bought the next Keith o Neill

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe Mason at LCB? If we're missing Rose, Da Costa and Dabo for the start of the season though then I expect we will be signing someone. Pask can't be stand-in everywhere at once!

SlowerThanPlatt

I was going of this where it says what’s wrong with Allen, McFadzean etc but not Da Costa:

“Elsewhere, Fadz (Kyle McFadzean) sustained a concussion so he won’t be involved against Rangers and neither will Jamie Allen, Julien Dacosta or Zain Westbrooke.

“Jamie went over on his ankle and will be out for around two to three weeks and Zain should be back training next week.”

Users who are viewing this thread