Julien Dacosta - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

mr_monkey

Ridiculous ain't it. Club haven't given an official update on anyone except Rose and dabo. But because Tom leach put an article out through boredom which says 'no update on condition' we assume we've bought the next Keith o Neill

It's the same with everything, people expect to know everything now and instantly like they have some devine right to whereas in reality with dacosta (and the stadium, ifollow, season tickets etc) the club just don't know so don't give details until they do but for some people that points at conspiracies and the downfall of human kind

Nonleagueherewecome

It's the same with everything, people expect to know everything now and instantly like they have some devine right to whereas in reality with dacosta (and the stadium, ifollow, season tickets etc) the club just don't know so don't give details until they do but for some people that points at conspiracies and the downfall of human kind
Personally, I'm just a bit worried about a lack of proven defensive cover!

SlowerThanPlatt

Robins also provided an injury update on new signing Julien Dacosta and also touched on the club’s transfer plans as the new season draws nearer.

“We’ve got a lot of injuries, the injury to Julien Dacosta, who’s just come in, just trying to win a tackle, slid across the floor and did his ligaments and he’s out for a long time and we’ve still got Rose and Dabo that are out.

SeaSeeEffCee

Classic, feels like this happens to one of our new signings every summer.

Pask or Burroughs RWB for Bristol City it is then.

Frostie

Big blow with Dabo already out.
I wonder if we might look at a short term loanee, similar to how we did with Tennai Watson last season.

jackdg

I reckon we'll go down a short term loan route.

I know this is the old trap of ‘ex player’ but one solution would be to bring in someone like Matty Pennington on perm or loan to provide more strength at CB and extra cover for RB. I’m sure there are better options but my non-Cov squad knowledge is exceptionally limited

robbiekeane

FFS. We've genuinely had some rotten luck with injuries over the past few seasons, particularly with key players.
Makes you wonder if every fan thinks this about their club but seriously our luck has been an absolute joke hasn’t it?

Jamie Allen, Godden was out for a while, Jodi Jones never got going, Jobello went after about 10 games...and I’m sure there’s about 5 others

Skyblueweeman

Makes you wonder if every fan thinks this about their club but seriously our luck has been an absolute joke hasn’t it?

Jamie Allen, Godden was out for a while, Jodi Jones never got going, Jobello went after about 10 games...and I’m sure there’s about 5 others

Tony Andreu is one that intrigues me. Came with a lot of suggestions of a marquee signing and then did his knee as well didn't he? Sure there's others as well.

PVA

I find it really strange how there has been so little mention of this from the club/MR.

Either it's not that serious so there's not much to report, or it's a real bad one and he's out for a year and for whatever reason they want to keep it quiet.

Hopefully it's the former.

Frostie

I find it really strange how there has been so little mention of this from the club/MR.

Either it's not that serious so there's not much to report, or it's a real bad one and he's out for a year and for whatever reason they want to keep it quiet.

It's a bad one unfortunately.
Screenshot_20200824-114003~2.png

Legia Sky Blue

I know we had some injuries last season, as every team will have done, but I honestly think we weren't that badly hit last season, and were least affected by injuries than any season in recent times. Our goalkeeper and defence were effectively unaffected throughout the season for instance, which gave us a solid base throughout. Yes, at times we had injuries to the likes of Allen, Jobello & Godden, but we never seemed to get a cluster of simultaneous injuries knocking us back. Allen & Jobello's absence was easily covered by our midfield depth, and it was only Godden's absence that potentially posed a problem. In the end he returned a lot quicker than expected and the rest is history.

Skybluebeliever

We have to think about the player and how he has or might have reacted , moved over here from abroad and in his first game does his ankle ligaments , I think the club have to protect the player first and this is perhaps why it was not disclosed until now

AlansEyes

Andy Turner seems to be back off furlough and reports that DaCosta is expected to be out till November. Considering our recent record of ligament injuries that is a huge positive. Think @better days suggested it was ankle ligaments. Andy Turner says he has an update on it tomorrow.
Tom Leach back on tea-making duty then. Sorry Tom.

AFCCOVENTRY

Andy Turner seems to be back off furlough and reports that DaCosta is expected to be out till November. Considering our recent record of ligament injuries that is a huge positive. Think @better days suggested it was ankle ligaments. Andy Turner says he has an update on it tomorrow.

That is good news

fatso

Which November though?

Skyblueweeman

I dream of a day when we make some supposed decent signings over the summer, they're in early doors and we start a season with no major injuries to players who end up due back a few months into a season or towards the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread