Judicial Review thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gint11

Bring it on. Hopefully this will be the start of the end of this bullshit.

ccfcway

what do we think will happen at the opening ceremony ?

maybe lady godiva, the FA cup winning bus and John Silett, all outside the court with the backing track being several pete waterman tracks, commentated on by John Gaunt ?

RoboCCFC90

When does the JR start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob S

This is a massive week for sisu but don't think I can face sitting through another day of spin and tit for tat in court. Are you going Don?

Michael, you are aware that you are one of the providers of 'spin' in this whole saga don't you? You can use the term as pejoratively as you want but we are all putting our own 'spin' on events and if you are tired of it then it's probably because of all the effort you have put in. ;)

The Gentleman

Michael, you are aware that you are one of the providers of 'spin' in this whole saga don't you? You can use the term as pejoratively as you want but we are all putting our own 'spin' on events and if you are tired of it then it's probably because of all the effort you have put in. ;)

Got your seat booked next to Les Reid for it? ;)

James Smith

When does the JR start?

Tomorrow not sure what time kick off is though. If I wasn't sitting in bed on the first of my two days off with a very heavy cold :( I was tempted to go for a day out.

Rob S

A few thoughts on the week ahead…

This won’t be so much about the decision that Justice Hickinbottom arrives at as the information that gets read into court. Sure, a decision on whether the council acted within state aid regulations will be useful and could have an effect on resolving this dispute but the main event will be hearing what is read into court re: emails & documents between the various parties connected to ACL.

There could be grounds for civil actions after the hearing and I’d bet dollars to doughnut holes that there will be an appeal from whichever side loses.

No matter what people might try and make out about how boring etc. it is, this will be one of the main outlets for actual information about the background to this whole saga.

There will be a lot of legal back & forth and it can be hard to follow from the public area as you don’t get to see any of the documentation being referred to until it is released (usually after the case).

I’ll be there hopefully tapping away to report back here & on Twitter. If you’re coming along come & say hello. There will no doubt be an interesting collection of people in the public area and you may be able to get a conversation with some of them too :)

Rob S

Got your seat booked next to Les Reid for it? ;)

Can't book seats – first come, first served.

(Re: The PKH comment you're referencing; he somehow forgot to mention that I was also sitting next to Christine Ford (council legal no. 2 who will probably be with their legal team tomorrow) and Simon Gilbert as well. Odd that ;) )

ccfcway

This won’t be so much about the decision that Justice Hickinbottom arrives at as the information that gets read into court. Sure, a decision on whether the council acted within state aid regulations will be useful and could have an effect on resolving this dispute but the main event will be hearing what is read into court re: emails & documents between the various parties connected to ACL.

There could be grounds for civil actions after the hearing and I’d bet dollars to doughnut holes that there will be an appeal from whichever side loses.

No matter what people might try and make out about how boring etc. it is, this will be one of the main outlets for actual information about the background to this whole saga.

There will be a lot of legal back & forth and it can be hard to follow from the public area as you don’t get to see any of the documentation being referred to until it is released (usually after the case).

I’ll be there hopefully tapping away to report back here & on Twitter. If you’re coming along come & say hello. There will no doubt be an interesting collection of people in the public area and you may be able to get a conversation with some of them too :)

Thanks Rob, can I in advance say how much we appreciate your updates !

J

Jack Griffin

I completely disagree with Rob, it is about the judgement & the judgement only, much of the " information that gets read into court." is basically going to be PR. It is simply not the right way to use the courts if the object of the exercise is to push "a message".

skybluetony176

Good to hear that you're going to be there Rob. I thought your commentry on the Higgs case was top draw.

Nick

Administrator
I completely disagree with Rob, it is about the judgement & the judgement only, much of the " information that gets read into court." is basically going to be PR. It is simply not the right way to use the courts if the object of the exercise is to push "a message".

Surely all of the info will be factual?

martcov

Are the emails etc. between ACL related parties relevant to the question as to the legality of the council's actions? The judge has already rejected reems of SISU "evidence". I don't see it.

How do you know there are grounds for a civil action there and, if so, why not go ahead with a civil action without the JR?

I sincereley hope that the judge kicks out SISU's "evidence" - again - and gives them a stern rebuke about wasting the court's time.

It's about time we got round to trying to achieve sporting success on the football pitch - preferably in Coventry.

NorthernWisdom

Can I go for the middle ground? ;)

One thing's for sure, it'll say whether it was a lawful use of funds or not. Thing is, in a wider context that loan can not have followed the rules, but have been the 'right' thing to do... and vice versa of course. Problem is, as anything else isn't within the judgement really, it comes down to people probably picking out whatever backs up their beliefs... as pretty sure there'll be enough mud slung at both parties for some of it to stick, if you want it to stick.

The prelude to more action is not my idea of fun, however.

RoboCCFC90

I don't care who wins or loses as long as the end scenario is that Coventry City are playing at the Ricoh next season!

martcov

Can I go for the middle ground? ;)
One thing's for sure, it'll say whether it was a lawful use of funds or not. Thing is, in a wider context that loan can not have followed the rules, but have been the 'right' thing to do... and vice versa of course. Problem is, as anything else isn't within the judgement really, it comes down to people probably picking out whatever backs up their beliefs... as pretty sure there'll be enough mud slung at both parties for some of it to stick, if you want it to stick.

The prelude to more action is not my idea of fun, however.

I don't see how they can read out irrelevant "evidence" in court - whatever your point of view. If SISU have something, then it belongs in a different court on another day.

NorthernWisdom

I don't see how they can read out irrelevant "evidence" in court - whatever your point of view. If SISU have something, then it belongs in a different court on another day.

But you can have a judgement that doesn't reflect well on the 'winner', if you choose to present it that way.

At the end of the day, only the result is crystal clear. The subjective element about actions may contribute to a legal case in one way, but a moral case in another way.

We're all coming to this with meanings already read, though, so it'll be picking out the bits that suit that, which will mean the arguments go on and on and on.

And on and on and on.

And on and on and on.

Or to put it another way... does the council's loan being found to not have followed the rules, automatically mean their actions in general are not justified?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if people will get as excited as if CCFC score a last minute winner in a cup final like they did at the last one at the sniff of a "win".

martcov

I wonder if people will get as excited as if CCFC score a last minute winner in a cup final like they did at the last one at the sniff of a "win".

If this mess carries on like this, you will have plenty of time to wonder. The best result at the JR would be "finality". Over and done with. It is a distraction and prevents us moving forwards.

ccfc92

I don't care who wins or loses as long as the end scenario is that Coventry City are playing at the Ricoh next season!

completely agree. anyone who thinks otherwise, are not fans of CCFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread