Judicial Review thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tisza

Have we actually learnt anything new? Just seems to be a rehash of the higgs case

duffer

Similarly, seems shortsighted to have pegged the rent so high in the first place.

We've been here before. Many, many times. Even SISU seem to accept that the level of the rent was related to the amount of the mortgage. Hence the plan to buy out the mortgage, rather than just lobby for a rent decrease. Either way, it's old news, surely.

Grendel

It was based on the rent ccfc paid at HR, after ccfc sold the land...wasn't it ?

Christ you believe any piece of bullshit PWKH feeds you don't you.

Why don't you PM him and ask what the payment was in season one. It wasn't rent by the way it was effectively equity release with penalties for deferred exit.

Dhinsa's_Millions

Re: the £1.4m 'rent' figure. I've heard that this was based on the figures that were calculated on the aborted national stadium that would have been built near Cov. Hopefully I'll have something more concrete in the daily near future.

Does this even matter now? Why don't we try and get CCFC back to the Ricoh not dwell on how much the rent was even if it was based on a national stadium. Yes, it was too much but don't buy a football club if you can't afford the terms from day 1.Also what you are offering up here is spin and hearsay and not concrete? Why bother.

Brilliant. Why do the council offer a cheaper loan to a private company it happens to part own? Would they offer it to all private companies?

They have given a cheap loan to a local private company for them to purchase the AXA office block and convert it into student flats. I think the amount was £13m. I know your next question will be, why are all the other construction companys not takeing the council to court. Could be the council are not breaking the law.

shmmeee

So, other than RobS showing his true colours, has anything actually come out so far?

I can never follow from tweets.

Nick

Administrator
JS38932625.jpg

They have the dad out of inbetweeners representing them?

shmmeee

Does anyone seriously think that the outcome of this will change us playing in Northampton next season?

Even if Sisu win, there's nothing to stop the loan being made again, or a million possible ways for the council to respond.

Your only hope is that Sisu give up after this. But I'm not sure that's too likely.

Sky Blues

Keith Perry @keithwperry
Most interesting claim by sisu qc was that council could have let acl go bust, taken back its lease and started sgain with clean slate 1/2

Keith Perry @keithwperry
2/2 presumably that would have meant higgs charity left with nothing from their half share in acl. #pusb

I disagree, Shmmee hit the nail on the head earlier in the thread, when he said everyone but a few trolls want ccfc back at the ricoh first and foremost no matter who wins.
I think you are wrong, you need to get out and ask the fans who stopped going before we left the RICOH They want rid of SISU before a return to the RICOH. Some are still supporters going to away games.

shmmeee

To be fair my point was that we all want the club home and safe, but that we all have different definitions for that.

RPHunt

In summary, I think we have learned this morning that:

ACL would be in financial trouble if CCFC stopped paying rent.
ACL would be worth less if it was in financial trouble.

Shocking revelations if true. Do SISU have any more bombshells?

torchomatic

shmmeee

Do we know how long each side has? Is it all Sisu then all CCC like the Higgs case or does it chop and change?

AFCCOVENTRY

@TheSimonGilbert: Sisu QC claims Sisu was strung along while council negotiated secret deal for ACL bank debt. Similar argument was dismissed in Higgs case.

AFCCOVENTRY

@TheSimonGilbert: Rent was five per cent of the club's turnover at the time of 2012 negotiations court hears from same memo.

AFCCOVENTRY

@TheSimonGilbert: Court hears Peter KH thought rent was always unaffordable and should have been based on position in league system according to Higgs memo.

Lol...is the sisu qc trying to lose this for sisu?

Sisu knew the clubs performance would affect acl income streams...hence sisu deliberately withholding rent. And some might say manufactured relegation and a deliberate move to sixfields.

A supporter told me last week, his thinking was SISU got us relagated to distress ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread