Joy Seppala meeting at Ryton Report (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

cough cough bullshit.

i grew up in a council house and it was always our home and for my mum still is.

It's your house yes and maybe considered your home, however you do not own that house.

Comparing a house to a Football Stadia is slight inept anyways.

valiant15

I agree that playing in Coventry for fans of this club to be able to watch is most important, however for the third time in 5 minutes another posters believes we will be charged a rental fee even if we build a new stadia. So my question is do you have any proof to suggest this will be the case?

Do you really think sisu are going to gift us a shiny new stadium for free?

ohitsaidwalker king power

I agree that playing in Coventry for fans of this club to be able to watch is most important, however for the third time in 5 minutes another posters believes we will be charged a rental fee even if we build a new stadia. So my question is do you have any proof to suggest this will be the case?

No but respectfully- adopting a morale high ground position around such denies the overwhelming fact that SISU dont pay rent anyway-so its an irrelevant argument isnt it?

an 'illegal act' was the summary of the JR judge?

DaleM

We will be near Coventry though, big difference. No proof but my opinion is either they will charge the club rent internally within the structure or load CCFC with the debt of building a new tinpot stadium somewhere in Warwickshire.

NorthernWisdom

The point being, it doesn't really matter who they take advice off about the ground. Be it Rotherham or Barcelona. If it happens, which I doubt, we'll still be Coventry City and it will be us cunts sat in it. I could take advice off a street sweeper, doesn't mean it's my intention to be one.

And it'd be a moron indeed who didn't take advice off a club who moved out of their ground because of a rent dispute, moved elsewhere, and moved back to a new ground relatively quickly!

It's far more reassuring they do that than most of the other stuff they do, because it at least suggests they're taking a new ground back in Coventry more (note for the idiots, not absolute here!) seriously than could otherwise be suggested!

RoboCCFC90

We will be near Coventry though, big difference. No proof but my opinion is either they will charge the club rent internally within the structure or load CCFC with the debt of building a new tinpot stadium somewhere in Warwickshire.

It's your opinion I suppose as is the same as many others, however I can't see how that would benefit SISU, they need this club out of League One at the least..

The Reverend Skyblue

How the hell will SISU start to repay the build costs if they don't even charge us rent ,or do you think they will build this stadium and let us play for free.
If you know how they will repay the cost of building it by other means, please can you tell me

NorthernWisdom

How the hell will SISU start to repay the build costs if they don't even charge us rent ,or do you think they will build this stadium and let us play for free.
If you know how they will repay the cost of building it by other means, please can you tell me

tbf to Godiva, he/she/it comes up with some plausible scenarios as to how it could be done in other ways than that, but is usually called a SISU apologist and an idiot when he does!

skybluetony176

It's your house yes and maybe considered your home, however you do not own that house.

Comparing a house to a Football Stadia is slight inept anyways.

hey you mentioned home not me. it was our place of residence and it was our home, we didn't own it but it was where we belonged. sounds familiar that, doesn't it. we wouldn't have excepted an exchange in Northampton either.

DaleM

It's your opinion I suppose as is the same as many others, however I can't see how that would benefit SISU, they need this club out of League One at the least..

What would probably help them out is to load the fucking lot with debt , charge some handsome management fees and then liquidate it all and walk off into the sunshine. Job well done.

NorthernWisdom

hey you mentioned home not me. it was our place of residence and it was our home, we didn't own it but it was where we belonged. sounds familiar that, doesn't it. we wouldn't have excepted an exchange in Northampton either.

Of course there was a policy of offering council houses to their sitting tenants to buy, at a vastly reduced price to their true market value ;)

RoboCCFC90

tbf to Godiva, he/she/it comes up with some plausible scenarios as to how it could be done in other ways than that, but is usually called a SISU apologist and an idiot when he does!

It's not just Godiva though but admittedly if I want to look at sense in this situation I would look towards Godiva's posts.

Leamington Pete

I asked about the impact it might have on the playing squad (T/O…60%...etc). Tim said all clubs have to adapt to FFP and that as our budget reduces so will everyone else’s.

Suprised no one has picked up on this typical Fisher nonsense. - Yes Tim, FFP is for all clubs, but we will be the only club basing the figure on an average attendance of 2000. No team's budget will be as reduced as ours. If ever there was a season we needed to play at the Ricoh - £1 million a year rent or not - it is this one.

Godiva

A new stadium (or ACL) will be owned by the SBS&L group - anything else would be creating the nightmare they have just escaped.

As the group own it - it actually makes no different if one company pay rent to another, the group result will be the same.
So the the point is, if the group as a whole starts making a profit, the investors get a return on their investment.

The Reverend Skyblue

I can't be arsed to do the research but does anyone know how many clubs in the entire football league totally own their own stadiums ?

bit random but it would be interesting to know and sorry if this has been asked before

RoboCCFC90

What would probably help them out is to load the fucking lot with debt , charge some handsome management fees and then liquidate it all and walk off into the sunshine. Job well done.

So why build a stadium if they want to just liquidate the entire business?

skybluepete1987

"I get the feeling she treated it as an ordinary investment at first, trusting Onye and Ray Ranson to make it work. When it didn't she got involved and realised that the whole business was unviable - rent deal, wages, etc. So major transformation had to happen, total restructuring of the business and a major culture change got underway to try and move the club away from what she called 'comfortable coventry'."

Not sure I understand this, Ranson would say that it was working quite well until he was forced to sell Fox, Dann etc?

NorthernWisdom

I can't be arsed to do the research but does anyone know how many clubs in the entire football league totally own their own stadiums ?

I might look into it for you ;)

What there often is, is a link between struggling club, and desire to own stadium to control future progression.

And when clubs don't own their grounds, there's often like as not a lot of tub thumping from owners about a desire to own grounds.

Crystal Palace are the obvious example of that desire, and the will for that to help progression, Hull are an example of that in progress, Swindon a fine example of a club who over a perios of years constantly claim to be hamstrung by not owning it.

In contrast, it's interesting that man City made little concerted effort to own their ground, but renegotiated the rent deal to give them control over the ground, associated revenues such as naming rights and thus, to an extent, effective if not absolute 'ownership'. They're probably the closest to a model that OSB propagates.

DaleM

So why build a stadium if they want to just liquidate the entire business?

Do you honestly , honestly believe deep down that they are going to build a new stadium ? I don't and if all this bollocks they are spouting doesn't get them the Ricoh and the surrounding land to develop and turn a profit the I can see them doing , yet again , what I originally stated.

NorthernWisdom

Not sure I understand this, Ranson would say that it was working quite well until he was forced to sell Fox, Dann etc?

If a plan was buy a few players, make a bid for promotion... a 4-1 thrashing to Charlton and staying up by the skin of their teeth, followed by a season with sharp decline to the nether reaches the year after probably wasn't their idea of success!

RoboCCFC90

If a plan was buy a few players, make a bid for promotion... a 4-1 thrashing to Charlton and staying up by the skin of their teeth, followed by a season with sharp decline to the nether reaches the year after probably wasn't their idea of success!

In fairness we'd have never been fighting relegation with that squad had we of had the right manager..

RoboCCFC90

Do you honestly , honestly believe deep down that they are going to build a new stadium ? I don't and if all this bollocks they are spouting doesn't get them the Ricoh and the surrounding land to develop and turn a profit the I can see them doing , yet again , what I originally stated.

Fair enough.

But looks like SISU are saying the right things regarding exploring that option of building a new stadium, if they bid for a certain piece of land then there is something more concrete to go on.

Stafford_SkBlue

I'm much more upbeat about the future - on the playing front and having our own stadium.
Not been so optimistic about our playing ability since the Eric Black half season.

DaleM

Fair enough.

But looks like SISU are saying the right things regarding exploring that option of building a new stadium, if they bid for a certain piece of land then there is something more concrete to go on.

I agree , IF they do aquire and start to build then fair play, my opinion will change. Not gonna say I'm going to do anything stupid if they do though . I've fell for shit like that before :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread