Joy Seppala meeting at Ryton Report (4 Viewers)

skybluetony176

To be honest they should have draft stadium plans already for discussion. A vision for the fans ?

Are they waiting to get the land and then starting the design?

They should already at least know the capacity and have costings in place. The fact that none of these are mentioned leads me to take an educated guess that they are bullshitting us.

not to mention they claim to be in discussion with councils despite factual evidence to contrary.

Godiva

if the league are happy for us to be 3-5 years in Northampton, yet urge all sides to talk to get us back sooner, am sure they'd jump at a 3-5 year deal agreed in Coventry instead!

Maybe so - they may utilize their 'discretion' option.

According to KingHarvest sisu don't rule out a return, but would they go back on short rental agreement when this would ease the pressure on CCc and ACL? I don't think so ... at least I wouldn't.
If they go back it will be as owners of either the freehold or ACL. Never as a tenant.

ccfcway

Given Rotherham moved out after a dispute with their landlords, and moved back relatively quickly to a new ground, I'd say they're the ideal club to take advice from!

It's a lot more reassuring they take advice from them, than Sam Hammam and Pete Winkelman!

i can see what your saying, but every bone in my body makes me sad that CCFC are in any way, shape or form taking advise from a club who have spent pretty much their entire history in this league..

No offence to them what so ever....

hill83

i can see what your saying, but every bone in my body makes me sad that CCFC are in any way, shape or form taking advise from a club who have spent pretty much their entire history in this league..

No offence to them what so ever....

I agree with you in a way, but taking advice from someone in a less well off position than yourself doesn't necessarily mean you aspire to be exactly like them.

RFC

Nothing JS has 'reportedly' said differs that much from what has previously been said by TF at Forums and in the media.
Having spoken to TF on several occasions at Sixfields, he has confirmed 4 potential sites (3 he likes & 1 he doesn't). However he isn't going to name them whilst discussions and negotiations are taking place, is he??????????
PUSB!

NorthernWisdom

Ity's not about naming the sites though, you don't even have to do that to show you're serious.

Although if the new ground was the plan all along, you'd hope the sites could be named as they'd have been bought by now!

So, OK, it's plan L after the Ricoh (which they hoped to sort out) goes off limits, fair enough. I know it's not concrete, but you couldn't move for stuff about Arena 2000 when we were planning it... before we'd bought *that* land, too.

So you'd hope in a realisation that this was always going to be controversial, you'd have more information about where we were going with this, than vague references to 'modular'.

letsallsingtogether

So we'll get the one that he doesn't like and he can say that was his first choice usual skulduggery so they what to be better at PR ?

sorry could have fooled me nothing new.

Nothing JS has 'reportedly' said differs that much from what has previously been said by TF at Forums and in the media.
Having spoken to TF on several occasions at Sixfields, he has confirmed 4 potential sites (3 he likes & 1 he doesn't). However he isn't going to name them whilst discussions and negotiations are taking place, is he??????????
PUSB!

RoboCCFC90

Given Rotherham moved out after a dispute with their landlords, and moved back relatively quickly to a new ground, I'd say they're the ideal club to take advice from!

It's a lot more reassuring they take advice from them, than Sam Hammam and Pete Winkelman!

Agreed and look at Rotherham now, promoted in their first season in their new ground and now 5th in the third tier.

If the advice is worth taking in such a way that it will aid us which in this case I can understand it, we should take it with both hands.

Without disrespecting Rotherham if it could work similarly for us then potential is there for us.

valiant15

I can't believe what im reading here. We should aim to be like Rotherham? I wouldn't mind if our new ground is like Shrewsburys? Is this a wind up?

Sisu really have crushed this clubs fans ambitions.

hill83

I can't believe what im reading here. We should aim to be like Rotherham? I wouldn't mind if our new ground is like Shrewsburys? Is this a wind up?

So you've clearly just windmilled in without reading other people's comments as usual. Good work.

RoboCCFC90

Rev,

If they built a stadium with a 10,000 capacity stadium it shows no vision regarding the medium term.

I agree as most will that the sooner we are back in Coventry in a stadium that we can benefit from the better, I can't see this being the Ricoh however.

RoboCCFC90

Explain to me then why not having the same affect Rotherham have had by building a new Rotherham United owned ground is not matching anyone's ambitions, promotions, etc?

ecky

13100_59_zps7dc16456.jpg
i

is this our joy?

skybluetony176

Or maybe the fans have crushed Sisu's ambitions.

well it couldn't be shitsu's fault could it? i mean they cant blame ACL/CCC anymore as they have cut all ties so perhaps it is time to turn on the fans.

that's if you don't count moving the club 34miles away from its home as turning on the fans

ccfcway

100% agreed. Look at Rotherham, they got promoted in their 1st season in their new ground and are on the up.

Well we didnt. We had a home, didnt get promoted but were still in Championship, then SISU came along. We are now in League One, deducted 10 points at the start of the season and now taking advise from a team who "successfully" got promoted from League Two..

Really pleased for Rotherham..

But, to quote the great John Sillett the day after the cup win in 1987 "NOW FOR THE LEAGUE". I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about League 2. We are in this almighty mess due to SISU. We dont even play in COVENTRY any more..

Actions speak louder than words !!

italiahorse

If only the Ricoh was as good as these grounds FFS.

I remember the great club that was CCFC.

I don't care who owns the stadium and I don't care who the owners are, I just want to support my team. None of these things REALLY matter to us fans and with a successful team it doesn't matter to the owners either.

RoboCCFC90

100% agreed. Look at Rotherham, they got promoted in their 1st season in their new ground and are on the up.

Well we didnt. We had a home, didnt get promoted but were still in Championship, then SISU came along. We are now in League One, deducted 10 points at the start of the season and now taking advise from a team who "successfully" got promoted from League Two..

Really pleased for Rotherham..

But, to quote the great John Sillett the day after the cup win in 1987 "NOW FOR THE LEAGUE". I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about League 2

We didn't have a home, we never owned our home, it wasn't ours, we were just tenants..

Different in comparison to Rotherham and their NY Stadium.

hill83

Ive read the thread quickly cos im at work. I don't see a problem with my comments.

The point being, it doesn't really matter who they take advice off about the ground. Be it Rotherham or Barcelona. If it happens, which I doubt, we'll still be Coventry City and it will be us cunts sat in it. I could take advice off a street sweeper, doesn't mean it's my intention to be one.

The Reverend Skyblue

We didn't have a home, we never owned our home, it wasn't ours, we were just tenants..

How many more times we will not own the new ground, we will rent it just like the Ricoh. We will get the revenues from the pies and mars bars they sell bi-weekly and the parking which I mus'nt forget
Unless I've been unconscious for the last few months and Fisher has come out and said the club will own it, but i'm pretty sure I would have noticed that

RoboCCFC90

We wont own the new "home"

Still going with this conspiracy theory eh?

I suppose you have proof though that this will be the case?

DaleM

Reading some of the comments in this thread , I feel after years of achieving fuck all Cov fans are now so downtrodden and unambitious that this utter bollocks from the owners representative ( for that is all she is) is being taken and debated as gospel. Wake up FFS we have heard the same shit of Fisher. They are toeing the company line , spouting the same shit to try to increase crowds at Sixfields. Don't fall for it . We have been here before with the "we want to communicate with the fans" bollocks.

RoboCCFC90

How many more times we will not own the new ground, we will rent it just like the Ricoh. We will get the revenues from the pies and mars bars they sell bi-weekly and the parking which I mus'nt forget
Unless I've been unconscious for the last few months and Fisher has come out and said the club will own it, but i'm pretty sure I would have noticed that

I suppose seems as you and many others believe this to be truth, there will be a quote or more evidence to point me to believing this information rather than your assumption?

italiahorse

We will always be tenants wherever we are.
Owning a tin pot stadium or renting a world class stadium makes no difference to the fans. It's the perception on the day of the match as you watch your team perform in THE stadium that has your badge on it.
Not really interested if we are paying a mortgage or a lease.

RoboCCFC90

We will always be tenants wherever we are.
Owning a tin pot stadium or renting a world class stadium makes no difference to the fans. It's the perception on the day of the match as you watch your team perform on THE stadium that has your badge on it.
Not really interested if we are paying a mortgage or a lease.

I agree that playing in Coventry for fans of this club to be able to watch is most important, however for the third time in 5 minutes another posters believes we will be charged a rental fee even if we build a new stadia. So my question is do you have any proof to suggest this will be the case?

Users who are viewing this thread