Josh Eccles (3 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

If we’d signed him this summer for a couple of mil people would look at him very differently
Absolutely right in my view. He is underrated by some because of the role he plays and because he wasn't a big signing. If he had come from a Premier League team for two million many more would see that he is a good quality player at this level.

If you take the season as a whole I still think there's a strong argument he is our player of the season. Others like Sakamoto have been better in spells, but Eccles has consistently been one of our top performers. It's close between him, Sheaf and Wright for me.

djr8369

Hi
Absolutely right in my view. He is underrated by some because of the role he plays and because he wasn't a big signing. If he had come from a Premier League team for two million many more would see that he is a good quality player at this level.

If you take the season as a whole I still think there's a strong argument he is our player of the season. Others like Sakamoto have been better in spells, but Eccles has consistently been one of our top performers. It's close between him, Sheaf and Wright for me.
played a lot of minutes too.

LastChance

You can’t compare to Maddison as a bench mark, Maddison is unique, you don’t get an England international every day out of the academy who goes on to be worth as much as he is.

We’ve been lucky to have two players make it to the England squad in the last decade but I can’t remember the last academy grad to do it before them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably Mark Hateley? Went on to play for AC Milan and England

fatso

He's definitely underrated, he's part of the engine room that protects the back four and allows the more flair players to shine.

PVA

What a player. Fucking brilliant today, and the next one to attract attention from other clubs after Sheaf.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I still think there’s room for improvement in some areas, but he’s come on a lot this season and that cross today was quality. If he keeps developing we’ll have a player on our hands 👌🏻and definitely one of his better games today

He faded last 15/20 but given the effort he was putting in for the first 70 minutes it’s not surprising!

Cally Fedora

I think there is a feeling in the club that with Sheaf, Eccles, Torp and Allen we have a very good midfield. I think they have always rated Eccles higher than the fans do.

Jarvo87

Hands up, I’ve been a JE knocker on occasion in the past, but have to say his performances have been very, very consistent and good of late.
Only small gripe - Just wish the little bit of play acting would disappear from his game.

Skybluecol

Is there anyone left who doesn’t rate him?

He could easily end up playing 300+ games for us, he is getting better and better.
I've got to hold my hands up to an extent. I've rated him as being as good as a mid table championship midfield prior to this season and that was probably his limit.

This season he's continued to improve and shown capabilities that he really does belong at this level (top 6 champ level).

Today, he played his best ever game of football imo. Absolutely outstanding and I hope he continues to improve at our club.

Hobo

Superb again today. Him and Sheaf together are a great combo.

Most improved player at the club since the start of last season. Thomas is maturing nicely too. Another mature performance from him today.

CCFCSteve

Would love to get his song sung more, he said earlier in his interview what a boost it gives him. Unfortunately it’s just not a fun/catchy song

Deserves all the praise he’s getting today. Never let’s the team down and does all the dirty work

Frostie

I think there is a feeling in the club that with Sheaf, Eccles, Torp and Allen we have a very good midfield. I think they have always rated Eccles higher than the fans do.
Viveash loves him, always has. When he first broke through he said he could be whatever he wants to be if he had more self belief. He certainly looks like he believes in himself & that he more than belongs now.

Brighton Sky Blue

Viveash loves him, always has. When he first broke through he said he could be whatever he wants to be if he had more self belief. He certainly looks like he believes in himself & that he more than belongs now.
Decision to give him a 4 year contract looks extremely wise now, and it's probably worth talking about an extension before he attracts serious interest

skyblu3sk

I love the accuracy of his passing in areas where it would be dangerous to give the ball away it's my main gripe with Sheaf who did it on a number of occasions today again. He has slowly added to his all round game and is a very important player for us now. When he went down injured I was thinking oh fuck. That's when I realised just how much I rate him these days.

Chris1987

It's great that there is proper competition now for those midfield spots. In Sheaf , Eccles & Torp we have undoubted quality and they will push each other to perform well. Competition to first team starts can only benefit the team all over the pitch. We just need to add some quality depth to the squad in other areas .

Hobo

I think Robins said it too.

Users who are viewing this thread