Josh Eccles (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I was wrong when he was first playing at RB and was ropey as hell. In the 3 seasons or so he's completely changed and is a steady player.

He is much better alongside Sheaf so that helps as well.

SBT

I was wrong when he was first playing at RB and was ropey as hell. In the 3 seasons or so he's completely changed and is a steady player.

He is much better alongside Sheaf so that helps as well.
The abuse you gave him in the Carabao cup game playing in midfield against Bristol two years ago was the stuff of forum legend.

Hobo

Eccles was superb today. But every player was good.
Simms, Wright, Eccles, Palmer, Bidwell and Thomas all had really good games though

Nick

Administrator
The abuse you gave him in the Carabao cup game playing in midfield against Bristol two years ago was the stuff of forum legend.

He was awful, it was bad enough being in Burton to find out Robins was playing a second 11 and he was shocking that game.

I'm happy to be wrong though! He has become a really solid player for us.

Alkhen

Sheaf was outstanding in parts and some of those bits of skill were above Wolves' level. However Eccles defensive work was pretty exceptional too.
Yeah Sheaf is clearly Prem quality, if we don't go up I'd be a amazed if someone doesn't take a punt on him. Thankfully he won't come cheap.

Eccles totally fit in against a prem team, that was basically there 1st team midfield as well. He is massively underrated

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I knocked him earlier in the season, and I still see little losses of focus or concentration, like later on in the game today where he had a wobbly ten or so minutes, but most of the things I was knocking him for he’s improved, and I would hope he will keep improving….

He’s a good championship player, and have to say he didn’t look out of place today either. I’m looking forward to watching him develop over the next few years here, and hopefully we keep hold of Sheaf too to play alongside him

Hertsccfc

I knocked him earlier in the season, and I still see little losses of focus or concentration, like later on in the game today where he had a wobbly ten or so minutes, but most of the things I was knocking him for he’s improved, and I would hope he will keep improving….

He’s a good championship player, and have to say he didn’t look out of place today either. I’m looking forward to watching him develop over the next few years here, and hopefully we keep hold of Sheaf too to play alongside him
He's been playing like that most of the season and was our best player early on.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I really don't want to get into this argument after such an amazing day like today, but in my opinion he was well up there in this game and played extremely well. I reject the massive disparity between him and Sheaf.

They are both truly excellent players and we're lucky to have them. Hopefully we can make it this season, but if not, those two as a pair in central midfield next season would be a great frame. We've got a fantastic team, just needs a couple of tweaks and a little more consistency. The train is going in the right direction though, certainly.

long way home

He is improving all the time and i think they is so much more to come. I don't see a down side, however i do see areas where he can get better, but for a young player he had lots of experience already which will help him. He is still hasn't found his level yet, with room to grow its all positive. Im glad he plays for us and always appreciated his performances.

Last edited:

Offhegoes

That passage of play, with Palmer lobbing just wide...Eccles shot was really good, kept it low and curling into the corner, keeper made a good save.
Always liked him, and improving game-on-game.

Littlewood CCFC

I'm Eccles biggest fan but he's still a fair bit to learn. During the build up he sprinted at their keeper instead of keeping the shape, it led to us being all over the place when they worked the ball down the left and they had 5 v 4 on the attack. I saw Thomas and Kitching let him know about it!

Other than this rush of blood to the head i thought he had another great game - not quite in the Maddison and Wilson class but one of the finest academy graduates we've had in recent years!

shmmeee

I'm Eccles biggest fan but he's still a fair bit to learn. During the build up he sprinted at their keeper instead of keeping the shape, it led to us being all over the place when they worked the ball down the left and they had 5 v 4 on the attack. I saw Thomas and Kitching let him know about it!

Other than this rush of blood to the head i thought he had another great game - not quite in the Maddison and Wilson class but one of the finest academy graduates we've had in recent years!

Clearly means a lot to him though which is worth so much around the place.

Users who are viewing this thread