But then im not sure if he had to with his contact expiring/expired

bawtryneal

Why would he turn up for training at Cov
His contract expires on Sunday and he has made it clear he is not renewing
Same with Burge.
They have moved on.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, I don't get why some are thinking that CCFC were sat around waiting for him and he just didn't show up. He will have said his goodbyes already and the club will know he isn't coming back hence they have got cover in.

chiefdave

Same with Burge.
They have moved on.
I don't think anyone was expecting him to turn up were they?

However that assumes the club have said its OK for him not to come back because as you say he is still a CCFC player at present and under contract.

fernandopartridge

Same with Burge.
They have moved on.

He's under contract, is obliged really to turn up for work and also would make sense to try and keep himself fit. On the other hand, he might have been told to stay away....

Nick

Administrator
Which makes it all the more bizarre for the Telegraph to make it seem like he just hasn't shown up.

They did that with Bright as well if I remember? He was delayed by a couple of days but they were calling him a "no show" as if he had just not bothered.

Nick

Administrator
They want you to hate the club, fits in nicely with their slant. Expect an article on Willis's wage at his new club and how we "refused" to match it.

Yep, even in the articles about the fundraising they say that somebody donated using the name Joy Seppalla and stuff like that.

better days

It's straight forward with Jordan Willis
As a free agent he can negotiate a substantial signing on fee as whoever he signs for won't have to pay a transfer fee
The club have made him an offer just like they did to John Fleck
It happens all the time at other clubs and few people blame the owners in those cases

Reactions: vow

no_loyalty

Any news on Willis, now he is officially out of contract?

chiefdave

Wasn't it supposed to be a done deal he was going to Luton? They're back in pre-season and have signed Martin Cranie. Would have thought if he was going there he would have been in training rather than working on his own.

better days

From what I heard last week he hasn't had any firm offers
His agent is probably taking to interested parties as clubs are just returning now

Liquid Gold

Strange one. He'll probably end up in the Championship still but I don't think he's going to be getting the deal he was hoping for.

gspotgaz

Think Willis will get exposed in championship personally. Yes I’m probably just being bitter but he’s stood out at league 1/2 level due to his decent pace where he can recover in many iffy situations.

That won’t be enough in the championship.

covcity4life

wonder if robins would want him if he came back. 4cbs we could use money elsewhere

that said willis is proven and we know he most probably could play level higher, the rest we dont other than mcfadzeon

cooperskyblue

wonder if robins would want him if he came back. 4cbs we could use money elsewhere

that said willis is proven and we know he most probably could play level higher, the rest we dont other than mcfadzeon

Would be interesting if he decided he actually wants to stay. I know Boddy has been quoted as saying our CB business is done but I can't believe that if Willis turned round and said he wants to sign a 3 year extension that we would say no. I think he will definitely leave to be honest.

Robin's will have a clearer idea of where he sees Rose In the pecking order.

RoboCCFC90

Willis is allegedly on the verge of joining Derby.

chiefdave

Would be interesting if he decided he actually wants to stay. I know Boddy has been quoted as saying our CB business is done but I can't believe that if Willis turned round and said he wants to sign a 3 year extension that we would say no. I think he will definitely leave to be honest.
Imagine a few players have been caught out that way. Agents telling them they will be flooded with offers at a higher level and higher wages only for nothing to materialise ad them ending up scratching round for a club.

Frostie

Robin's will have a clearer idea of where he sees Rose In the pecking order.

Door is definitely closed, he's told the club he won't be signing & his profile has been removed from club website;
https://www.ccfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/defender/jordan-willis/
First Team - Coventry City

Users who are viewing this thread