Transfer Rumour Jonathan Panzo (1 Viewer)

wingy

There does seem to be an awful lot of players being sold the “European dream” and barely getting a look in, as in England you’re only getting an opportunity at a decent club if you’re an elite talent. Ampadu is another who’s played 3 games for Leipzig
Seems like their technical director was ex Chelsea when he went there.
A likely pull in the deal.

Skybluedownunder

Skybluedownunder

Why would we do that? There’s far more pressing concerns than a centre back for a massive fee, for us anyway, who his club are trying to get rid of after two games

He’s at Monaco what do you expect. He’s supposed to be tipped to be a future England centre back everywhere I read. Money is already set aside apparently for Sheaf and Tyler Walker. So yeah I’d use any additional on a CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

He’s at Monaco what do you expect. He’s supposed to be tipped to be a future England centre back everywhere I read. Money is already set aside apparently for Sheaf and Tyler Walker. So yeah I’d use any additional on a CB

Tipped and being are two very different things, you’d think if that was the case Monaco would have used him more and wouldn’t be prepared to let him go for what is pennies to them

skyblueinswansea

How would people feel if we sold Rose or Hyam at a higher fee and used some of the money to bring in Pancho and some of it to strengthen elsewhere?

Skybluedownunder

How would people feel if we sold Rose or Hyam at a higher fee and used some of the money to bring in Pancho and some of it to strengthen elsewhere?

Personally I wouldn’t mind if one player sold got us two players like Panzo and one other. We are a selling club and providing the money was reinvested I wouldn’t care. Nobody is irreplaceable and in some instances it can make you stronger like when Liverpool sold Coutinho and reinvested the money to make the team stronger

harvey098

Just mad there is a rumour of us signing a player from Monaco (actual Monaco) and it has been taken seriously over 6 pages. SHFWF

skyblueinswansea

Just mad there is a rumour of us signing a player from Monaco (actual Monaco) and it has been taken seriously over 6 pages. SHFWF

any madder than the fact there is a story of us signing a player from Arsenal (actual Arsenal) and it has been taken seriously over 18 pages?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Personally I wouldn’t mind if one player sold got us two players like Panzo and one other. We are a selling club and providing the money was reinvested I wouldn’t care. Nobody is irreplaceable and in some instances it can make you stronger like when Liverpool sold Coutinho and reinvested the money to make the team stronger

Can't see anyone we've got available we could sell in order to bring in two that are better than we have for the Championship. Even selling one would likely require a premium on top provided by the owners to improve the squad.

Absolutely no chance we've got a player who we could sell to buy Panzo on his own, let alone him and one other.

If we sell one and buy two those two will be gambles we hope come good.

harvey098

any madder than the fact there is a story of us signing a player from Arsenal (actual Arsenal) and it has been taken seriously over 18 pages?

Yeah fair point. To be honest I thought Panzo was more of a staple part of Monaco’s team than he is (just checked on wiki and only played twice) so thought that was more impressive than an arsenal youngster who has never been near their first team.

Magwitch

For what it’s worth I don’t think Wilson will be at Bournemouth next season, there’s a bit of a fire sale going on there was surprised to read that they were the ninth highest payers in the Premier League if that is true He we will have to be sold.

Robinsboy

There seems to be a sort of mystic for British young players who go abroad, play a few games and are world beaters. Not many make successful returns.
Personally, I prefer us focusing on development as with Hyam, Drysdale, Park and Rose.

willz121

Mo Konjic came from Monaco if I remember correctly - admittedly we are no longer in the top league, but shows that people believe in what we're trying to do. I do think Robins, Viveash and co have made Coventry an attractive club to players, and it's great to see!

jordan210

Mo Konjic came from Monaco if I remember correctly - admittedly we are no longer in the top league, but shows that people believe in what we're trying to do. I do think Robins, Viveash and co have made Coventry an attractive club to players, and it's great to see!

fun fact about when we signed Mo we had the chance to purchase thierry henry but we dint rate him or dint want another forward. (Can’t remember the exact wording m)

fernandopartridge

fun fact about when we signed Mo we had the chance to purchase thierry henry but we dint rate him or dint want another forward. (Can’t remember the exact wording m)
We signed Konjic in Feb 99, Henry signed for Juventus for £10.5m in Jan 99 then Arsenal later that year. I highly doubt we ever had a chance of signing him, our record signing at that point was £3m.

One player we were linked with and scouted heavily was David Trezeguet iirc

TomRad85

We signed Konjic in Feb 99, Henry signed for Juventus for £10.5m in Jan 99 then Arsenal later that year. I highly doubt we ever had a chance of signing him, our record signing at that point was £3m.

Van Nistelrooy and Zenden are 2 players that I seem to recall stories of us looking at before they became widely known.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Story I heard was a bit earlier and we were offered him and decided not to pursue it - he was considered more a winger at that point. Also we had Dublin, Huckerby and Whelan so we felt well stocked in the forward department. Fee was about £4m I believe. Think it would've been around 1997.

jordan210

Story I heard was a bit earlier and we were offered him and decided not to pursue it - he was considered more a winger at that point. Also we had Dublin, Huckerby and Whelan so we felt well stocked in the forward department. Fee was about £4m I believe. Think it would've been around 1997.

Yeah something like that ! I got told by a very senior member of the management about him.

SlowerThanPlatt

Is that from the book Staying Up? The club would have had hundreds of players on their database and I’m always wary chairman/scouts who claim they could have had a top player for cheap after they’ve made it to make it look like they know what they’re doing.

Steve Parish said Palace could have had Alphonso Davies and Ranson said we could have signed Henderson and Carroll....

jordan210

Is that from the book Staying Up? The club would have had hundreds of players on their database and I’m always wary chairman/scouts who claim they could have had a top player for cheap after they’ve made it to make it look like they know what they’re doing.

Steve Parish said Palace could have had Alphonso Davies and Ranson said we could have signed Henderson and Carroll....

I tried to get the club to sign lee Trundle does that count ?

shmmeee

That Richardson era we were linked with all kinds of ridiculous players. Gazza at one point, Pavel Nedved, van Nistlerooy, Zenden.

Probably all like Jarni deal knowing Richardson.

Users who are viewing this thread