Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

Grendel

It’s true we all make mistakes about players, I remember you thinking that Ben Stevenson was the real deal, and although he’s having a decent season at League 2 FGR…..

Did I?

señor Santiago

looked sharp, made some intelligent passes with outside of foot, which catches defenders out..Should be given more game time.

hinckley cov

I think it’s been a bonus us having a decent midfield, alowing j j to build himself up gradually and not be rushed back into our team.

Yorkshire SB

Feel desperately sorry for Jodi, without injury I think he had a great chance of being at the very least a top player at this level, and may well have made the PL.

I didn't go on Saturday so can't comment, but fantastic that he looked to improve on previous showings. From what I've seen he looks to have lost a lot the attributes he had before, it may be a confidence thing though, and more so a lack confidence in his body breaking down. He needs to get back to a place where he can play on the edge, trust his body, imagine if O'Hare played fearing an injury?

A loan would be great, but I fear he still needs to have his minutes managed, and does the loan club/manager care enough about him to do that?

Ultimately I'd be very surprised if he doesn't leave in the summer, but would really love the guy to get a good move and fulfil 50% of his potential.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Feel desperately sorry for Jodi, without injury I think he had a great chance of being at the very least a top player at this level, and may well have made the PL.

I didn't go on Saturday so can't comment, but fantastic that he looked to improve on previous showings. From what I've seen he looks to have lost a lot the attributes he had before, it may be a confidence thing though, and more so a lack confidence in his body breaking down. He needs to get back to a place where he can play on the edge, trust his body, imagine if O'Hare played fearing an injury?

A loan would be great, but I fear he still needs to have his minutes managed, and does the loan club/manager care enough about him to do that?

Ultimately I'd be very surprised if he doesn't leave in the summer, but would really love the guy to get a good move and fulfil 50% of his potential.

Looks like Mark Robins is hoping Jodi Jones can play in Callum O'Hare position when needed.

Legia Sky Blue

Looks like Mark Robins is hoping Jodi Jones can play in Callum O'Hare position when needed.

Yes, as we don't play wingers O'Hares position is his best bet. Only trouble for him is that O'Hare is a bit of a duracell bunny & doesn't seem to run out of steam. At somepoint in the season though we are likely to have to try and cope without him so if Jones is used as his replacement lets hope he is up to it. I think he would struggle to match O'Hares defensive side, and his coverage of the pitch certainly.

Offhegoes

I think he will stay on, Obviously we need to see more, but he wouldn't be named on the bench almost every week without being in Robin's plans. Keeping out Shipley, Da Costa etc who were regulars last year. He's not going to be demanding silly money, and can play a few roles. If he wants guaranteed first team football, he would need to drop to League 1 I would think. However, I think he will get more game time from now on, and surprise a few.

Old Warwickshire lad

Yes, as we don't play wingers O'Hares position is his best bet. Only trouble for him is that O'Hare is a bit of a duracell bunny & doesn't seem to run out of steam. At somepoint in the season though we are likely to have to try and cope without him so if Jones is used as his replacement lets hope he is up to it. I think he would struggle to match O'Hares defensive side, and his coverage of the pitch certainly.
We don’t have anyone to do what O’ hare does. The kid never stops. His work rate is unbelievable at times.

Grendel

It’s true we all make mistakes about players, I remember you thinking that Ben Stevenson was the real deal, and although he’s having a decent season at League 2 FGR…..

Really not recalling it

Think you are mixing Me up with Paxman - here he wants Stevenson playing and someone else axed - namely Jodi Jones

pusbccfc

Half way through this. It's a great listen. He's a fucking good lad. Honestly deserves something in his career.

I'd love him to do something for us this year.

Users who are viewing this thread