Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

ms639

Elaborate? When he has come on at LWB it’s been ineffective, when he came on more advanced against Swansea he was poor, there’s clearly a reason robins isn’t playing him.

What have you seen that warrants him playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Elaborate? When he has come on at LWB it’s been ineffective, when he came on more advanced against Swansea he was poor, there’s clearly a reason robins isn’t playing him.

What have you seen that warrants him playing?

I think given the timing of his post and the fact he did okay today, it’s safe to say it’s based on today’s performance

ms639

I think given the timing of his post and the fact he did okay today, it’s safe to say it’s based on today’s performance

A classic cc84cov post, pissed up, types the first thing that comes into his head

the rumpo kid

Needs to go out on loan . Pick up the pace of chaionship football.
No disrespect to him, we all know what he's been through z but he's had to long out to come back into this side

ms639

People who say "the level" are usually clueless

Ok let’s make it more evidence based then shall we?

The championship - the level we play at
JJ starts - 0
Total minutes played - 32

The management clearly believe him to be below the level required

pusbccfc

Fair play to him today. Some neat touches and that bit of play when he ran at the defender and won the free kick was a real throw back to League 2.

Can't fault his passion either. Went bonkers when we scored.

Terry_dactyl

I would suggest that JJ is an improvement coming off the bench than we had last year. So, why would we send players that improve our match day squad out on loan?
Given more game time he might get even better. That he can’t get more game time should be seen as testament to the qualities of our first team players as opposed to a slight on JJ.

fernandopartridge

JJ starts - 0

Yet he rarely plays in the under 23s only playing there by his own request.

PS, the thread starter says "the level" as well

cc84cov

JJ starts - 0

Why did they extend him then another year ?

JonesBob

JJ is, and has always been a very nice guy but he has missed so much. When he was injured we were in Div 2 which would not have been difficult for him to fit in as it's below his level. However, now he is trying to fit into a team that is top six in the Championship. Everyone, wants him to succeed but can he make it? Which is his best position? I certainly don't know. He will find it difficult to get anywhere near the fitness level he was before and I feel he is fast becoming the new Ponticelli, a club darling without doing anything.

Paxman II

Jones will still play a big part for us this season. No one is going to rush him back after what he went through. There has been no need to do that as we have been so good this season. But he will get more game time as things progress and to prove himself. He will be just fine and a threat to any team at this 'level'.

Otis

Jones will still play a big part for us this season. No one is going to rush him back after what he went through. There has been no need to do that as we have been so good this season. But he will get more game time as things progress and to prove himself. He will be just fine and a threat to any team at this 'level'.
Only if he's carrying their half time oranges and they are laced with razor blades.

Evo1883

I would suggest that JJ is an improvement coming off the bench than we had last year. So, why would we send players that improve our match day squad out on loan?
Given more game time he might get even better. That he can’t get more game time should be seen as testament to the qualities of our first team players as opposed to a slight on JJ.

He won't really get totally match sharp playing 10 minutes every 2 or 3 matches whilst also not playing u23 football .

Reality is , a loan move would do him the world of good , it would give us the opportunity to get him game time regularly , it would give jodi a chance to show Robins what he can do with genuine game time , and I think it would benefit both the club and the player .

We should be looking to loan him from January to May to a side in the top 6 of league 1 ideally , dare I say sides like sunderland or Wycombe

Terry_dactyl

He won't really get totally match sharp playing 10 minutes every 2 or 3 matches whilst also not playing u23 football .

Reality is , a loan move would do him the world of good , it would give us the opportunity to get him game time regularly , it would give jodi a chance to show Robins what he can do with genuine game time , and I think it would benefit both the club and the player .

We should be looking to loan him from January to May to a side in the top 6 of league 1 ideally , dare I say sides like sunderland or Wycombe
He’s on a 1 year contract right? What do you think might happen if he does well at the league 1 club?

Terry_dactyl

If the championship club wants him more , they'd offer him a new contract

He's equally as likely to leave for nothing in june playing 10 minutes here and there isn't he
Sorry, Was getting ahead of myself and imagining the imaginary league 1 side being promoted!

I just wonder who would we have in our squad that would be better off the bench right now? We’re an established championship side (that feels good). We know he’s good enough. His chance might come. What we don’t need to do is weaken our match day squad.

PVA

Only if we can sign one or two in January though.

The squad is already looking thin, if Jones goes out on loan that just leaves Shipley...

slowpoke

Jones has been out with his knee problems for over two years he is only four months into his come back it was never going to be instantaneous and he would have to bide his time let’s see how it pans out, it’s become a tough team to get into especially in forward positions yesterday imo he played his part and well and it wouldn’t bother me if he started

Users who are viewing this thread