Jodi jones (1 Viewer)

covboy9

I think he needs to go out on loan, I cannot see him playing in our first team atm

better days

That was a possibility but I suspect now he'll continue playing U23 games to get match fitness and come off the bench in games as he increases his confidence and sharpness
He's looking good on the ball and is using it well already but has a way to go yet to get to the level I think he's capable of

higgs

That was a possibility but I suspect now he'll continue playing U23 games to get match fitness and come off the bench in games as he increases his confidence and sharpness
He's looking good on the ball and is using it well already but has a way to go yet to get to the level I think he's capable of
Once he gets his fitness and strength and confidence up he would be a great option to come on and change a game the lads got quality hope he gets to show it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

you must be joking?

Well he won’t be but he has a long way to go to get a run in the team and his contract ends at the end of the season. He looked ok second half today - he’s not a wing back really - his better parts of the game were when he ran through the middle.

SkyblueTexan

No we need JJ for squad depth as part of first-team cover. Similarly anyone who consistently shines in the under 23s has to be rewarded with a shot at the first team.

Grendel

No we need JJ for squad depth as part of first-team cover. Similarly anyone who consistently shines in the under 23s has to be rewarded with a shot at the first team.

The U23 are not great benchmarks really - it’s the first game I’ve seen - I actually enjoyed it - like reserves from the old days - bar open friendly atmosphere - but it’s nothing like the a real game. I can see why Ponticelli scored loads as I’d guess he really sent for it but the pros tend to play at a lower key.

better days

The U23 are not great benchmarks really - it’s the first game I’ve seen - I actually enjoyed it - like reserves from the old days - bar open friendly atmosphere - but it’s nothing like the a real game. I can see why Ponticelli scored loads as I’d guess he really sent for it but the pros tend to play at a lower key.
Godden livened them up though didn't he?
I thought he might get a red in the flare up with the Colchester lads

Grendel

They hopefully will have more games at the arena as it’s free parking. Plenty of children there - it’s a far better marketing tool than reduced prices for actual league games. Bar open and also food available in a relaxed setting.

Grendel

Godden livened them up though didn't he?
I thought he might get a red in the flare up with the Colchester lads

he did seem up for it he was chasing back and moving around well

Drysdale was flat footed on a couple of occasions - they missed a couple of sitters in the first half

SlowerThanPlatt

They hopefully will have more games at the arena as it’s free parking. Plenty of children there - it’s a far better marketing tool than reduced prices for actual league games. Bar open and also food available in a relaxed setting.

They have to play a certain amount of games there or at a designated home ground - 5 or 6 I think

Grendel

They have to play a certain amount of games there or at a designated home ground - 5 or 6 I think

good and to be fair they did make an effort I thought to make it a reasonable event

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I think he needs to go out on loan, I cannot see him playing in our first team atm
I mean apart from the fact he's already started one first team game, come on as sub in another, been on the bench for the other three and is our main cover for Maatsen, yer I can't see it either...

Give the lad a chance to get match fit and prove himself in the Championship. If he's not up to it, Robins will be the one to decide but Lord knows he deserves his opportunity after all he's been through.

better days

he did seem up for it he was chasing back and moving around well
I think that's one of the few pluses of U23 games, allowing injured senior players to get game time where crunching tackles are like hen's teeth
Unfortunately a lot of old pros consider the games beneath them and don't try a leg
That normally results in their entry to the bomb squad under the current management

covboy9

I mean apart from the fact he's already started one first team game, come on as sub in another, been on the bench for the other three and is our main cover for Maatsen, yer I can't see it either...

Give the lad a chance to get match fit and prove himself in the Championship. If he's not up to it, Robins will be the one to decide but Lord knows he deserves his opportunity after all he's been through.

we all love jj but he’s not a championship wing back he’s really going to struggle to get a game imo, great loyalty shown by club to him and we all want to see him do well I think a loan would be good for him

procdoc

good and to be fair they did make an effort I thought to make it a reasonable event
What did you think to Rus? Looks like to me there’s a quality player in there, just needs to fill out. He’s good on the half turn, happy to receive the ball in tight situations, is capable of producing progressive passes and has a good eye for a killer ball.
Obviously he’s nowhere near the finished article but there seems to be a lot to work with

SkyBlueScottie

Robins suggested that the plan for him was to go out on loan, but with his performances in pre season meant that idea was changed as he showed he was operating at a higher level than they hoped, hence being named on the bench.

Tea & Busquets

I quite like Jodi so far, will probably be slotted as an attacker but i would love to see him get more games as a wingback.

Skybluedownunder

I think a one or two month loan could be quite beneficial. It’s up to Jodi to advise the manager how he would be feeling in relation to how many games he can push himself too. Look at Walsh when we got him on loan, he’d been out for a year when we got him in. I don’t think a short loan to bring him up to speed would hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monty

I think a one or two month loan could be quite beneficial. It’s up to Jodi to advise the manager how he would be feeling in relation to how many games he can push himself too. Look at Walsh when we got him on loan, he’d been out for a year when we got him in. I don’t think a short loan to bring him up to speed would hurt

We need to consider our squad depth too. At the moment the matchday squad has Shipley, Jones, O'hare and Allen. O'Hare will get a one match ban for 5 bookings soon which means someone from the bench has to move up. Without Jones we would be even thinner in options.

Tea & Busquets

We need to consider our squad depth too. At the moment the matchday squad has Shipley, Jones, O'hare and Allen. O'Hare will get a one match ban for 5 bookings soon which means someone from the bench has to move up. Without Jones we would be even thinner in options.
this is another reason as to why i think we should seriously be considering a loan move for Tom Bayliss. O’hare god bless him does such a good job tracking back on defense that he often gets booked for it, Bayliss would be some much needed depth in the case of O’hare being match banned.

slowpoke

A JJ Loan out hwould be ridiculous we need to stick with him, this season was always going to be tough. He will get a chance be it through an injury probably he then has to grab any chance with both hands
As for Rus there’s high hopes for him needs to up his fitness levels though could be featuring in first team squad by the New Year I’m told.

CDK

He will be allowed to reach full fitness and be managed better here by robins,shipping him down the pyramid for game time is not good for club or player.

Legia Sky Blue

One or two month short term loans don't exist anymore. If we loaned him out it would have to be for a half or a full season.

Users who are viewing this thread