Jodi jones (3 Viewers)

better days

He will be allowed to reach full fitness and be managed better here by robins,shipping him down the pyramid for game time is not good for club or player.

Agree with this

Sick Boy

A JJ Loan out hwould be ridiculous we need to stick with him, this season was always going to be tough. He will get a chance be it through an injury probably he then has to grab any chance with both hands
As for Rus there’s high hopes for him needs to up his fitness levels though could be featuring in first team squad by the New Year I’m told.
Told by whom?

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I mean apart from the fact he's already started one first team game, come on as sub in another, been on the bench for the other three and is our main cover for Maatsen, yer I can't see it either...

Give the lad a chance to get match fit and prove himself in the Championship. If he's not up to it, Robins will be the one to decide but Lord knows he deserves his opportunity after all he's been through.

I'd keep Jodi here as I think he's a good option off the bench against tired legs.

Not sure where this thing about him being main cover for Maatsen has come from. Until today I don't think anyone has suggested him as an alternative for LWB. He's an attacker and if memory serves me correctly mainly played on the right. If he is going to be our back-up there I think it shows we desperately need another LWB.

hill83

I'd keep Jodi here as I think he's a good option off the bench against tired legs.

Not sure where this thing about him being main cover for Maatsen has come from. Until today I don't think anyone has suggested him as an alternative for LWB. He's an attacker and if memory serves me correctly mainly played on the right. If he is going to be our back-up there I think it shows we desperately need another LWB.

It’s probably come from the Forest game.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

this is another reason as to why i think we should seriously be considering a loan move for Tom Bayliss. O’hare god bless him does such a good job tracking back on defense that he often gets booked for it, Bayliss would be some much needed depth in the case of O’hare being match banned.

We've got Bright, Jodi, Shipley and Allen who can supposedly play as an ACM (I'm ignoring Hilssner because he's clealry not going to be considered). All of them have attributes they can bring to the position, all of them have faults too. Hamer could probably be pushed further up if need be and then you've got the youngsters like Rus and N'Gandu who should be looking to grab an opportunity if they can.

Bayliss is going to add very little to the depth we have in that position.

Hobo

I couldn't go yesterday but intend to watch some u/23 fixtures. Good to know it is free carparking.

What parts of the ground are open, is it West Stand or East Stand?

better days

He actually played there again yesterday
Started deep in the first half but was pushed further forward in the 2nd
Carried the ball forward threateningly and had one long range right footed shot which was blocked
I guess we are looking at emergency options within the squad rather than bringing in another LWB who won't play much based on Maatsen's form so far

Hod dog

i 100% agree a loan is the ideal option as he has proved himself in league 2 for 3 months and then unproven beyond that really but our squad size right now will mean we need to keep him here.

people need to remember he isnt the same player we had in league 2 either, he hasnt got the confidence to run and take players on yet he admitted this himself in the interview after forest game where he said he cant see himself being back at his league 2 levels until Christmas at least.

theres no denying we all love him and want him to put his injuries behind him and kick on with his career, so i hope when he does get sub appearances he can do something good.

as for cover at LWB i cant see it myself, it works in games like forest one though where you are not having to defend as much.

unpopular opinion but shipley would be a better LWB option, granted he would be blowing out his arse by 60 mins but he would be a better LWB than dacosta is a RWB (not hard)

better days

i 100% agree a loan is the ideal option as he has proved himself in league 2 for 3 months and then unproven beyond that really but our squad size right now will mean we need to keep him here.

people need to remember he isnt the same player we had in league 2 either, he hasnt got the confidence to run and take players on yet he admitted this himself in the interview after forest game where he said he cant see himself being back at his league 2 levels until Christmas at least.

theres no denying we all love him and want him to put his injuries behind him and kick on with his career, so i hope when he does get sub appearances he can do something good.

as for cover at LWB i cant see it myself, it works in games like forest one though where you are not having to defend as much.

unpopular opinion but shipley would be a better LWB option, granted he would be blowing out his arse by 60 mins but he would be a better LWB than dacosta is a RWB (not hard)
I'll be surprised if Shippers is still with us at the end of the month

skybluegod

Carried the ball forward threateningly and had one long range right footed shot which was blocked
I guess we are looking at emergency options within the squad rather than bringing in another LWB who won't play much based on Maatsen's form so far

Interesting... So do you think we are potentially shifting the final loan to a different area of the pitch? Or do you think we may not get another one at all?

better days

Interesting... So do you think we are potentially shifting the final loan to a different area of the pitch? Or do you think we may not get another one at all?
Not sure but you can see the thinking behind it
But it makes sense for us to look at all options
Da Costa was tried there against Blackpool

Hod dog

i hope he is, good squad player who can play in multiple positions, people just love to hate on him but teams need squad players like him.

also we are saying we cant loan Jones out due to squad depth but can let shipley go?

shmmeee

Every team needs a Shippers.

In all seriousness I’d be sad to see our last real link to the city go, but he’s clearly not at the level the club require now.

skybluegod

Not sure but you can see the thinking behind it
But it makes sense for us to look at all options
Da Costa was tried there against Blackpool

You can, my only concern would be if we get a long-term injury in other areas of the pitch we at least have some natural cover. Lwb is the only position we don't have that so whilst it would be alright for a game or two not sure how well it would work long-term. A lot to ask for a young kid!

Skybluedownunder

Shipley can get goals too, he’s not always the tidiest of players to watch but he can get a goal. I’d rather keep him but understands if he wants to go and play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ceetee

I think Shipley's main problem with stepping up to Championship is that he can't get to the right fitness level. If he could I suspect that he would be an adequate support squad player

SAJ

I think he needs to go out on loan, I cannot see him playing in our first team atm
Can’t see it happening. Both O’Hare and Maatsen already have 3 bookings and will no doubt be banned for 1 game before November, if we don’t sign anybody else there’s a fair chance Jones would fill one of if not both of those roles. It would also be reasonable to suggest either one of those could be ill or injured. Whilst he may not be the best defensively, he has more than sufficient talent going forward and will be a threat for many a team coming off the bench.
Why send he out on loan his contract expires at the end of this season? if we are to make a decision on his future surely it’s better he’s here rather than end up being hacked to death playing for a club that won’t really care one way or another if he picks up a serious injury.
I can’t believe he’s on a fortune as given his previous injuries I would have thought he’s on a low basic, plus decent appearance or match day squad selection bonus.

Ccfcisparks

I just think he wants to play so could be either
He's in a different position to Jones as he's fully match fit and wants to be starting games somewhere
He's Cov through and through but it's a short career
Does that mean he can last longer than 60 minutes now?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I seriously doubt he will be going on loan. I also don't think he is a wingback whatsoever. The concept of him playing there baffles me almost as much as Dabo at CDM.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Kasteneer at LWB

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sorry, I meant until he was played there yesterday.

But let's be honest, who on here was putting Jodi down as a potential LWB pre-season? It's a bit worrying for Reid if we're looking at playing Jodi there ahead of him. Still think we should've persevered with Newton a bit longer too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure about Shipley at LWB. It's on his preferred foot but he's hardly the type to want to get challenges in is he.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread