Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Any physios want to chip in on what this means in terms of recovery? Is this what we’d expect at five months?

Magwitch

His injury has never really been explained there are cases of ACLs not as serious as others, it was his other knee so fingers crossed for JJ he needs a bit of luck, so do we.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Normal ACL rehab protocol sees running start from around 3 months, but Jones isn’t a ‘normal’ case

I understand he had a patellar tendon graft, these are the gold standard but can take slightly longer to recover initially

He will likely have been doing treadmill running before this, straight line outdoor running at this stage I think is decent progress. Pleased for him

shmmeee

Normal ACL rehab protocol sees running start from around 3 months, but Jones isn’t a ‘normal’ case

I understand he had a patellar tendon graft, these are the gold standard but can take slightly longer to recover initially

He will likely have been doing treadmill running before this, straight line outdoor running at this stage I think is decent progress. Pleased for him

Ready for pre-season you reckon?

Briles

Shearer, Van Nistlerooy, Baggio, Del piero, Falcao, Roy Keane, Xavi, Totti and Pires all had ACL injuries and all came back stronger. ACL doesn't mean end of career. Even 2 doesn't. If surgery goes well and he has proper rehabilitation there's is no reason for him to not come back.

(Falcao actually had 3)

cc84cov

Shearer, Van Nistlerooy, Baggio, Del piero, Falcao, Roy Keane, Xavi, Totti and Pires all had ACL injuries and all came back stronger. ACL doesn't mean end of career. Even 2 doesn't. If surgery goes well and he he has proper rehabilitation there's is no reason for him to not come back.
Did they have 3 ACL’s ?

For me his body isnt up for the job of a pro footballer he was ok in league 2 not proven in league 1 or the champ...unless it’s pay as you play and a small basic maybe then for me it’s time to call it a day we need all hands on deck with the budget we can’t be paying people wages who don’t play

Briles

Did they have 3 ACL’s ?

For me his body isnt up for the job of a pro footballer he was ok in league 2 not proven in league 1 or the champ...unless it’s pay as you play and a small basic maybe then for me it’s time to call it a day we need all hands on deck with the budget we can’t be paying people wages who don’t play

Falcao had 3 (both legs) same as Jodi

better days

I think you're right on all counts
The club has an anti gravity treadmill now so I believe Jones has been using that for a while
Robins and his team have invested a lot in his recovery
We have a far better medical team than we had in the past and the club used one of the best knee surgeons in the world for the op
Things are looking good.
The lad deserves a change of luck.
He's certainly put the work in to give himself and the club the best chance of a positive outcome

Last edited:

stevefloyd

Fingers crossed for him but doubt he would be risked this season hope he comes back stronger than ever he has a lot of catching up to do and I would think his biggest challenge is his own mind...thats going to be tough for him

higgs

I think you're right on all counts
The club has an anti gravity treadmill now so I believe Jones has been using that for a while
Robins and his team have invested a lot in his recovery
We have a far better medical team than we had in the past and the club used one of the best knee surgeons in the world for the op
Things are looking good.
The lad deserves a change of luck.
He's certainly put the work in to give himself and the club the best chance of a positive outcome
If the club invested heavily in getting the best surgeon they would be very unlikely to release him in the summer then surely. Hopefully Jodi continues to make progress and earns himself a new contract by proving his fitness and desire

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

If the club invested heavily in getting the best surgeon they would be very unlikely to release him in the summer then surely. Hopefully Jodi continues to make progress and earns himself a new contract by proving his fitness and desire

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Small retainer, large appearance bonus would hopefully satisfy both parties.

Bugsy

Ahead of schedule early surely ? Good news tho if he can return this season

@better days might know more
Did they have 3 ACL’s ?

are u 2 different people using the same account or you just don't know what your typing about and have split personallity disorder ??????

Marty

Nice to see him back training, but personally I think we should cut our losses with him, I'm guessing he'll likely receive a new deal though which needs to be weighted heavily in the clubs favour.

shmmeee

Nice to see him back training, but personally I think we should cut our losses with him, I'm guessing he'll likely receive a new deal though which needs to be weighted heavily in the clubs favour.

It’s beyond stupid to rehabilitate a player then let him go before he’s shown his ability. Why would you back him all the way up to him being fit again?

people going on like keeping Jones on means we won’t be able to sign someone. It’s nonsense.

Marty

It’s beyond stupid to rehabilitate a player then let him go before he’s shown his ability. Why would you back him all the way up to him being fit again?

people going on like keeping Jones on means we won’t be able to sign someone. It’s nonsense.

The club have a duty towards the player to look after him while he's injured. What's strange about putting him through rehab?

Brighton Sky Blue

The club have a duty towards the player to look after him while he's injured. What's strange about putting him through rehab?

I guess there’s rehab and there’s investing proper funds into a specific player’s rehab. It wouldn’t make much sense to do so if the plan was to cut him loose anyway.

shmmeee

What’s strange is not taking a one year low wage gamble on a player with Championshop potential before his injury. He’s not going to cost more than the likes of Tavares, he was also signed in L2.

Why on earth would you risk giving him away for free?

Id rather keep Jones than most of our U23 forwards.

Marty

What’s strange is not taking a one year low wage gamble on a player with Championshop potential before his injury. He’s not going to cost more than the likes of Tavares, he was also signed in L2.

Why on earth would you risk giving him away for free?

Id rather keep Jones than most of our U23 forwards.

Ok.

better days

He will probably be offered a one year extension of his L1 deal
It makes sense for the club
If he makes a successful recovery his value will increase while we still hold his registration

Last edited:

cov donkey kick

Don't think any club would cut a player loose that they've supported though 3 major surgery's more so when fully fit could be a game changer which his promise and ability when fully fit.,and wouldn't when they've invested time and money in his recovery.
I expect to see jodi back on the pitch in sky blue and some sort of deal behind him, can't see an initial long term but maybe an 18 month contract with an extension clause as he still could be a match winning talent in sky blue and how we need someone like that right now hey guys.

Skyblueweeman

Proper chuffed for the lad...as Dave said, mentally, it must have been horrendous for him but great to see that he's got great perseverance to try and come back a 3rd time.

My only concern is if and when he's fit enough to come back, what he's going to be like with the physical side of the game? I can't see him going in for any challenges of a 50/50 nature bearing in mind, he wasn't exactly known for his tackling in the first place.

Greggs

add the fact he hasn't improved at all over the last 3 years. too. Perhaps worth a conservative deal if we get relegated.

Sbarcher

If you read this forum, all the very best. Can't wait to see you cut in from the right for one in the far corner.

Users who are viewing this thread