Jodi Jones ACL (1 Viewer)

Calista

Jodi is easily my favourite player in the current squad, and it’s horrible that this injury has recurred. But it’s clear that he is now in absolutely the best hands.

Hard though it is on him, he may need the patience to not even think too much about next season, and set his stall out to rehabilitate very gradually, looking to come back 100% for the start of the season in August 2020. You’re still young Jodi, keep your belief!

oucho

I still haven’t got over lee hurst doing his knee in the 90’s he was going to be a top player.

Same can be said for the injury prone David Hirst. Fergie nearly signed him rather than Cantona but pulled out due to concerns over Hirst's fitness. How different football might have been if that decision had gone the other way.

better days

Jodi is easily my favourite player in the current squad, and it’s horrible that this injury has recurred. But it’s clear that he is now in absolutely the best hands.

Hard though it is on him, he may need the patience to not even think too much about next season, and set his stall out to rehabilitate very gradually, looking to come back 100% for the start of the season in August 2020. You’re still young Jodi, keep your belief!
He was very down about it when it was first diagnosed as a recurrence especially as the initial assessment indicated it might be a cartilage
However once he got a second opinion and it was decided that Andy Williams would do the op he became more positive
If anyone can recover from this setback it's JJ

higgs

Has it anything to do with the pitch at the Ricoh since wasps did it is half grass half artificial? Just throwing it out there were our 4 acl injuries picked up at the Ricoh?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steve82

Has it anything to do with the pitch at the Ricoh since wasps did it is half grass half artificial? Just throwing it out there were our 4 acl injuries picked up at the Ricoh?

Joe Gomez did his ACL while playing for England U21’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skyblueelephant76

2 were at home, two away - nothing to do with the pitch.

steve82

He will get over this, the op isn’t the problem it’s the recouperation. I would hope we extend his contract a year so he’s not racing against time for his recovery, realistically I think he will be out for more than a year and perhaps won’t be fully ready until season 20/21. As for comparing with Callum Wilson I’m certain his second ACL was the other knee.

On what basis would you justify offering him extended terms other than sentiment and a element of loyalty? If you did would it be on reduced terms or the same terms as he’s on given he was signed while we was in L1.

It’s gonna be another 12 months till he’s even considered for the 1st team so solutions down each wing has to be found before we even think about a JJ come back. Can we afford to carry him beyond his current deal and to what effect on the 1st team recruitment world it be.

Personally if your looking to kick on and be in contention to get promotion be it this year or more to the point next year you need a players who’s doing it now in L1 or L2 to arrive in the summer. All of this pushes JJ down the order likely sat on a good contract that’s needed as we’ve carried enough passengers due to bad luck with injuries.

It could easily be another 18 months or longer before he’s back up to anything near the L2 form.

NorthernWisdom

On what basis would you justify offering him extended terms other than sentiment and a element of loyalty? If you did would it be on reduced terms or the same terms as he’s on given he was signed while we was in L1.

It’s gonna be another 12 months till he’s even considered for the 1st team so solutions down each wing has to be found before we even think about a JJ come back. Can we afford to carry him beyond his current deal and to what effect on the 1st team recruitment world it be.

Personally if your looking to kick on and be in contention to get promotion be it this year or more to the point next year you need a players who’s doing it now in L1 or L2 to arrive in the summer. All of this pushes JJ down the order likely sat on a good contract that’s needed as we’ve carried enough passengers due to bad luck with injuries.

It could easily be another 18 months or longer before he’s back up to anything near the L2 form.

You give him a contract because it's the right thing to do.

It also shows we're a club who looks after our players, improving team spirit and encouraging others to join us.

Loyalty cuts two ways.

higgs

I'd only offer him a pay as you play deal now you couldn't justify giving him a contract extension with the type of injury he has. There is no loyalty in football these days

steve82

You give him a contract because it's the right thing to do.

It also shows we're a club who looks after our players, improving team spirit and encouraging others to join us.

Loyalty cuts two ways.

I agree partly and share your personal values but from a football club point of view the risks in entering into any possible deal before the last 3 months of his current deal ending are huge.

Massive question marks over....
Are you getting the same player again?
Can he perform in L1 given he’s yet to do it (if we’re still in L1)
With...
Who we got in the squad for the positions we need to cover now he’d play in, do we need to gamble with JJ

Loyalty in football is minimal now, it’s a business that managers are given little sentiment over the playing staff at the disposal and the question needs to be is it best for business, manager at the time and the budget to chance our arm on him beyond his current deal. We’re at a level we need to utilise all available resources to obtain promotion.

steve82

The real question is how would many feel on here if it’s was announced we’re signing a winger who has only previously shown great promise and ability at L2, but has had 2 years out from 2 ACL injuries?

The reception would be worse than Bakayoko’s.
Meltdown is a understatement

Grendel

Zlobp
The real question is how would many feel on here if it’s was announced we’re signing a winger who has only previously shown great promise and ability at L2, but has had 2 years out from 2 ACL injuries?

The reception would be worse than Bakayoko’s.
Meltdown is a understatement

We’ve constantly signed players with very lengthy spells out with injury - especially recently

better days

It's straight-forward
If Jones comes back at 12 months he has 6 months to earn a new deal either here or elsewhere
His current deal expires in June 2020
It was the same deal he came on as an 18 year old and and is partly based on appearances I believe

Greggs

Totally agree. Never happens in training at Ryton! Can't be blamed on intensity either, as the injury never really occurs through impact!

Users who are viewing this thread