Jodi Jones ACL (1 Viewer)

jackdg

Done his ACL again... on the club twitter. Poor lad!

What is it with us and ACL injuries recently? That’s five in 15 months

Terry Gibson's perm

The same knee you have to start worrying about his long term future. Nine to twelve months recovery this will be really tough for him

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

ccfcrob

Done his ACL again... on the club twitter. Poor lad!

What is it with us and ACL injuries recently? That’s five in 15 months
Jodi twice and Biamou. Who were the other two out of interest?

better days

The only positive is that the new op has been performed in London by one of the best knee surgeons in the world who normally only works with premier league players
Looking back Jones possibly tried to rush back too soon after his first injury

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

The only positive is that the new op has been performed in London by one of the best knee surgeons in the world who normally only works with premier league players
Looking back Jones possibly tried to rush back too soon after his first injury

Andy Williams? Feel for the lad - done mine 3 times on the same knee so know what he is going through.

skybluegod

Could massively set back his career, won't be back until after Christmas next year fully fit, so will only have 4/5 months to get into the team and try and impress before his contract runs out.

covmark

Absolutely horrendous for the lad. Fingers crossed he can come back from this, and that he gets all the support he needs from the club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PVA

Poor guy. Almost two years out of the game, just when he was starting to get interest from championship clubs as well.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Mr Panda

Fucking awful news. Genuinely gutted for him. Can't imagine what its like for a young lad making a career for himself to be denied doing what he loves for what will be almost two years.

Best of luck Jodi

Mucca Mad Boys

Another setback, but it’s not the end of the world! If he rehabs it properly he can hopefully come back strong.

Personally, I think the club handled his rehab well, because he was playing for about 2 months before it went again. This is just bad luck.

Surely the amount of ACL’s can’t just be a coincidence or plain bad luck now, surely?

Paul Anthony

It's not just us, as an injury it's happening a hell of a lot across the sport.

I don't know if he wears them, but it has a lot to do with these bladed boots that are popular these days. Something to do with how much grip they give.

That said, we seem to have rotten luck with these injury types at the moment. Rotten luck for him and us.

oucho

have all these acl injuries happened at ricoh? pitch not in right condition?

His previous one from last year was at Stevenage away. But most pitches in League One are going to be lower quality than found at the top level.

I feel so sorry for that lad, and whilst this may not be career-ending as such, it is probably "career-threatening" in that this sort of thing can limit the progress someone like JJ can make in his career.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I'm sure there may well be footwear reasons that may help contribute but I think you can just be unlucky. I first did mine at university, was about to play headers and volleys after my last first year exam, was doing a few keep 'em ups while we sorted out who was in goal and I stretched *very* slightly for one (bad touch) and as I landed, it wasn't even that awkward a landing, my knee just went. I could have been doing anything else, and at that moment I was out for best part of a year. I then redid it sitting down slightly awkwardly in a pub. I know I must have had a dodgy knee to begin with, but I think luck plays a big part in these injuries and you can't always look into the exact reason they happen.

1ccfc

I don't know if he wears them, but it has a lot to do with these bladed boots that are popular these days. Something to do with how much grip they give.

That said, we seem to have rotten luck with these injury types at the moment. Rotten luck for him and us.
Yep. These boots give to much grip. Where a player would previously slip these boots cause the foot to remain 'planted'. As a result knees and ankles take the force of a players motion causing these injuries. Typicaly players like Jones who are fast like these boots as they help with acceleration, unfortunately it is these same players who get injured more as thier speed equates to more force when the body twists over the 'planted foot'.

Users who are viewing this thread