Jodi Jones ACL (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Andreu was from over stretching trying to get the ball.

That was it, it wasn't due to a sharp turn or anything was simply him going for the ball, knew it was something like that

SkyBlueScottie

Who wears blades anymore? You would be hard pressed to find them. To clarify, it's all about firm ground, soft ground, artificial ground nowadays, and while Blades are included in a firm ground soleplate, they aren't as big as they used to be. However, possibly something in it, as Neymar has been seen playing in football boots, with an artificial ground soleplate

Last edited:

ccfc92

Clutching at straws here, but it says ACL injury. Could it be a minor injury to the ACL or has a complete tear been confirmed?

Or is it simply a case of you can either tear your ACL or you don't, unlike muscles where you can stretch, pull or tear?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The only positive is that the new op has been performed in London by one of the best knee surgeons in the world who normally only works with premier league players
Looking back Jones possibly tried to rush back too soon after his first injury

So it begs the question , why didn't they use the said surgeon in the first place.

better days

Clutching at straws here, but it says ACL injury. Could it be a minor injury to the ACL or has a complete tear been confirmed?

Or is it simply a case of you can either tear your ACL or you don't, unlike muscles where you can stretch, pull or tear?
It was the full monty unfortunately

CJ_covblaze

Andy Williams? Feel for the lad - done mine 3 times on the same knee so know what he is going through.

Same here. Having physio and doing strengthing stuff as they don’t think there’s enough room to do a third reconstruction. Never fully recover after one, let alone two.

Paxman II

On a personal note this is the worst thing that could have happened to the lad. He is young and will have the opportunity to give it another go.
As a football club we have an exciting player we need on the pitch absent over a 2 year period and on significant wages with the thought he could be one of those players who is always unfit or injury prone. It could be career ending. It's only his youth that saves him from a cancelled contract but he will need to come back quicker this time and prove himself at this level relatively quickly to save his career. No pressure then!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gutted for the lad, and for the team.

As has been mentioned I really hope that his mental wellbeing is given as much attention as his physical rehab. The first time would be hard enough to get through, a second knowing full well what it entails with the fear it may go again must be torturous.

Long term, I don't know what this holds for his career, especially given the type of player he is. Andreu hasn't seemed to be the same and played within himself since returning. JJ may well hold back a bit when he does return over the fear of it going again and that could be the difference between him being effective and not. I certainly think this will see him at best spending the rest of his career in the lower leagues (which ironically would probably the worst place for someone like him with this injury to be playing) but at worst may end up with retirement.

Captain Dart

That's very tough for him & the club, I hope he has the mental strength to come back and make a go of his career.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

On a personal note this is the worst thing that could have happened to the lad. He is young and will have the opportunity to give it another go.
As a football club we have an exciting player we need on the pitch absent over a 2 year period and on significant wages with the thought he could be one of those players who is always unfit or injury prone. It could be career ending. It's only his youth that saves him from a cancelled contract but he will need to come back quicker this time and prove himself at this level relatively quickly to save his career. No pressure then!

The club will have insurance in place for cases like these.

Sky Blue Harry H

This is where footballers run the risk - one minute on your way to Leeds for £3m and big wages. Next minute....small comsolation, but he has the rest of his contract to put aside his wages and build some sort of nest egg should the worst come to the worst. Unless he comes back 100%, will likely struggle to get anyone to take a risk on offering him a new contract. Sad but true. Good luck JJ.

better days

This is where footballers run the risk - one minute on your way to Leeds for £3m and big wages. Next minute....small comsolation, but he has the rest of his contract to put aside his wages and build some sort of nest egg should the worst come to the worst. Unless he comes back 100%, will likely struggle to get anyone to take a risk on offering him a new contract. Sad but true. Good luck JJ.
Ironically we saw a very similar scenario with Junior Brown
He did his ACL after playing very well for Shrewsbury
They offered him a new contract after his expired just as he was making a his comeback but we made a better offer
If there isn't a fee involved clubs will take a chance
It takes 18 months to properly recover from an ACL op and get back up to full strength and match fitness
JJ probably came back too soon
No one is to blame, the lad was desperate to play and the club had handled his return carefully by playing him in U23 games and as sub for the first team
He did well in the Checkatrade at Cheltenham and lasted 90 minutes albeit fading as you'd expect in the 2nd half
These things happen
Hopefully lessons will be learned for his next comeback schedule

rob9872

They take a piece from your hamstring when they do the op for an ACL tear. Apparently (and I have no medical knowledge, simply going on what MR said at the fans forum) the injury unlike many others is actually easier to recover from when you are older than younger. Perhaps it's to do with being fully developed, but he said there was more risk of it reoccurring because of his age.

Paxman II

The club will have insurance in place for cases like these.
Yes but at what price to renew it again? The risk will be assessed extremely high. Will the cost start to outweigh the benefit for CCFC?
He's young and has time on his side but not sure he will be covered should a similar injury occur again within a specified time scale. So if he gets a significant injury again on his return, his career may be over.

Great_Expectations

Disappointing for him, both short and long term. Hopefully he recovers fully, physically and mentally.

Selfishly I’m worried about the team. That now leaves us with one genuine winger, who we may lose in January. Anyone in the youth team close to being ready?

Or could it lead to Bayliss or Shipley out wide again, which did bring us success last year, but I don’t think it would be as effective this year, and is a waste of both, especially Bayliss.

Or, if we can’t secure another winger and MR doesn’t go with the above, we might see a formation change?

steve82

Like everyone has said feel for him after a long break to then be done for again.

I think the club did the right thing with his recovery and it’s just very bad luck.

Very very difficult for him to be anything other than a L2 player in the future now if he’s even that lucky I predict given the way he plays.

Makes the January window very clear now tho on what’s needed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

So sorry for him. A very talented player and genuinely nice guy whenever I have spoken to him. Very popular around the club. Just hope he can recover and be back January 2020ish but my fear is that he won’t return at L1 level with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

They take a piece from your hamstring when they do the op for an ACL tear. Apparently (and I have no medical knowledge, simply going on what MR said at the fans forum) the injury unlike many others is actually easier to recover from when you are older than younger. Perhaps it's to do with being fully developed, but he said there was more risk of it reoccurring because of his age.

They may have taken part of his patella tendon rather than his hamstring. I’m guessing whichever it was they’ll use the other this time around.

Covstu

Proper gutted, with Thomas likely to go back we needed JJ back to form. Hope he gets back but he didn’t look fit this season so I hope the club haven’t contributed to this by rushing him back

higgs

He didn't look right when he came back will be very hard for him to get back to this level or any higher especially in his position as a winger with a lot of twisting and turning

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HerneBayGaz

So sorry for him. A very talented player and genuinely nice guy whenever I have spoken to him. Very popular around the club. Just hope he can recover and be back January 2020ish but my fear is that he won’t return at L1 level with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your spot on, Very Popular lad especially with the younger fans.

I also hope he doesn't come back to us fit in league 1
I'm hoping it's the championship.

I am jesting of course. But who knows!!

Gazolba

Yep. You have to think his career may now well be over.
I'm hoping for the best for him of course but CCFC should probably assume Jodi will never be a regular for us again.
It's a great shame because he was one of our outstanding players that our opponents actually feared.

Mucca Mad Boys

Like everyone has said feel for him after a long break to then be done for again.

I think the club did the right thing with his recovery and it’s just very bad luck.

Very very difficult for him to be anything other than a L2 player in the future now if he’s even that lucky I predict given the way he plays.

Makes the January window very clear now tho on what’s needed

That’s harsh. Look at how well Callum Wilson recovered from his ACL injuries. It’s not a death sentence for his career at all.

If Jones takes responsibility and works hard at his rehab, there’s nothing stopping him rebuilding his career. He looked good in pockets in L1, but he’s been dealt a bad hand and he’s back to square one.

With our luck with ACL injuries, we ought to review our S&C programmes and warm ups before games and so on. I’m not apportioning blame, because it could be just bad luck. It’s something that ought to be looked at because it’s a problem.

higgs

The fact it's in the same leg and the position he plays in its a career ending injury he will be lucky to get back to league one it's a pity

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oucho

steve82

That’s harsh. Look at how well Callum Wilson recovered from his ACL injuries. It’s not a death sentence for his career at all.

If Jones takes responsibility and works hard at his rehab, there’s nothing stopping him rebuilding his career. He looked good in pockets in L1, but he’s been dealt a bad hand and he’s back to square one.

With our luck with ACL injuries, we ought to review our S&C programmes and warm ups before games and so on. I’m not apportioning blame, because it could be just bad luck. It’s something that ought to be looked at because it’s a problem.

It’s a modern problem within the game now, tighter knitted pitches of synthetic and real grass and bladed boots are the issue. I don’t think it’s something as a club we’ve done wrong in the science areas of warm up routines and conditioning of players. It’s just bad luck. ACL injuries are on the rise just like the metatarsal injuries in waves that seemed to peak at one point a few years back.

Your right if he’s given the support and has the mental strength to go through the next 12 months and then recapture some form over the next 12 months he may just maybe kick on. There is some success stories but I’m sure there is a lot of ones that don’t come back the same player, and he’s all about speed. Without that he’s very average and yet to produce in L1

However I see it that he’s only contracted to us till the end of next season, will that rise be with us or would we release him and he drift into L2 hoping to find form or a career.

Plenty of water to flow under the bridge before a decision on that tho.

Last edited:

oucho

Andy Williams? Feel for the lad - done mine 3 times on the same knee so know what he is going through.
I know it's Christmas time but is it really a good idea for the club to be hiring someone whose only qualification is singing Moon River?

Magwitch

He will get over this, the op isn’t the problem it’s the recouperation. I would hope we extend his contract a year so he’s not racing against time for his recovery, realistically I think he will be out for more than a year and perhaps won’t be fully ready until season 20/21. As for comparing with Callum Wilson I’m certain his second ACL was the other knee.

Users who are viewing this thread