Jodi Jones - 100k? (3 Viewers)

stevefloyd

where have i said mowbray is great at recruitment? making things up are you? i am saying in a thread about jones where it looks like we got him for 100k that its something good mowbray has done on top of the 8th place finish. can give him praise too you know.

and i keep a girl who cheats 5 times because i like to watch her with another man....

That made me laugh ...good comeback or should I say cum back

stevefloyd

Ohh dear the old Mowbray debacle, for what its worth and this is purely my opinion, TM came in and initially done a job for us brought a few good players in and it seemed we were going places, then it almost appears that TM wanted to sabotage us by bringing in sub standard players it seemed as though he had done a job on us and equipped us for relegation then decided to piss off, as I say this is only conjecture but for a manager that seemed to be doing everything right then changed so drastically to doing everything wrong is what has pissed me off with him so much and in my eyes that is undefendable for what ultimately happened to my club ably assisted by Noddy Holder and Sisu, Even Noddy got 1 signing right in Stuart Beavon

covcity4life

So Mowbray was good because he signed one player for a small amount that has had 1 good game? Explain what else he did that was so amazing please im dying to know. The 8th place finish isn't something to be proud of as we spent most of the season in the top 3/4. You cant find any other good things he did so are clinging to this one thing to fuel your obsession.

ahhaha 8th is nothing..ok! best finish we have had in decades. he did BETTER than all our other managers under sisu bar robins who actually hasnt had a full season with us yet tbf

do you agree or disagree?

Nick

Administrator
ahhaha 8th is nothing..ok! best finish we have had in decades. he did BETTER than all our other managers under sisu bar robins who actually hasnt had a full season with us yet tbf

8th isn't the best when in the top 3 or 4 for the most of the season.

It's like if we were 15 points from safety with only 17 points to play for and we ended up in the place above relegation after a new manager, final position doesn't really tell all ;)

covcity4life

and how did we get top 3 or 4 btw? oh yeh mowbray managed us to it. you cannot just exclude that

it was 4 months of the season. so about 45% of the season. then we went on a bad run. then we ended with 4 wins from 5 and finished 8th.

it was our best season in a long long time. he was the manager that got us dreaming of promotion and because we didnt get it he gets more insults than managers who had poorer records.

Nick

Administrator
and how did we get top 3 or 4 btw? oh yeh mowbray managed us to it. you cannot just exclude that

it was 4 months of the season. so about 45% of the season. then we went on a bad run. then we ended with 4 wins from 5 and finished 8th.

it was our best season in a long long time. he was the manager that got us dreaming of promotion and because we didnt get it he gets more insults than managers who had poorer records.

We went on a bad run from November.

Your logic doesn't really stack up. He gets most of the insults because of whatever that abomination was last pre season he tried to do and then flapped it and did one.

Imagine for a second we were fan owned or there was no SISU and a manager did that, good job he had something to take the attention away else he wouldn't be a "true gent" and getting rimmed tonight.

Grendel

It's the best in a decade not decades.

His ratio over his time is similar to pressley

covcity4life

We went on a bad run from November.

Your logic doesn't really stack up. He gets most of the insults because of whatever that abomination was last pre season he tried to do and then flapped it and did one.

Imagine for a second we were fan owned or there was no SISU and a manager did that, good job he had something to take the attention away else he wouldn't be a "true gent" and getting rimmed tonight.

so focus on pre season. dont say stuff like 8th is bad

that goes for everyone not just you

Grendel

Grendel

If Jones really only cost £100k who else did he spend money on? I thought Vincelot was a token payment.

covcity4life

ok so if robins gets promoted it means jack shit because we are in league 2? ok

8th place. best finish in a decadeS

Grendel

ok so if robins gets promoted it means jack shit because we are in league 2? ok

8th place. best finish in a decadeS

Again it isn't decades and obviously 8th in the championship is better than 8th in league 1.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I kind of thought I wouldn't go tonight, but with this TM debate sparking up again I actually want to go, and I hope we whip them.

For what it's worth, I know what @covcity4life is trying to say. He does get a lot of criticism. The reason for this though, is that people constantly defend him based on his first season here. Yes, on face value 8th is a good finish. If you look at where we were Christmas though, and the squad of players we had, it is a complete disaster not to have finished within the play offs.

The reality is, Mowbray actually got away with a lot less criticism for our relegation last season than the other managers. Yes, they were all complete horse shit, but if another manager (let's say Slade for banter) was in charge for the first ten games, and responsible for our recruitment disaster at that point in the season (the catalyst for our relegation), he would have got about 90% of the blame. Mowbray escaped a lot of it based on his previous season, which actually wasn't that shit hot anyway.

I think that's why he is mentioned so much to be honest. There is no argument or debate on Slade or Venus because everyone will admit they were terrible. As people have said with Mowbray, he also ignited my love for football again, but he did also kill it once more too...

covcity4life

mowbray did betetr than venus and slade thats why. dont clump them together.

i am enjoying tony mowbray day so far.eventful

Grendel

mowbray did betetr than venus and slade thats why. dont clump them together.

i am enjoying tony mowbray day so far.eventful

Back on topic then where did he spend the other £300 grand if not on Jones?

covcity4life

Not last season he didn't, Venus had the better results. Mowbray didn't get a single league win.

he was manager longer than last season, venus wasnt.

if some of you guys were leicester fans you would be dissing ranieri 247 lmao

covcity4life

It was last season we got relegated....

so? 10 games of a relegation season(where he lost 4 of them) is not enoguh to tarnish 8th place season before. relegation was down to venus and slade.

earlsdon is a perfect example,wants us to whip mowbray and blackburn but no comment on saturday vs slades grimsby

Nick

Administrator
so? 10 games of a relegation season(where he lost 4 of them) is not enoguh to tarnish 8th place season before. relegation was down to venus and slade.

earlsdon is a perfect example,wants us to whip mowbray and blackburn but no comment on saturday vs slades grimsby

Mowbray oversaw the planning and recruitment for the season, no chance you can say he has no blame.

Difference is with Slade, nobody is on here blowing smoke up his arse. It's the same as why council discussions go on and on and SISU ones dont.

"Slade is shit" - Everybody nods and agrees, not much more to add
"Mowbray is shit" - Different story

Last edited:

covcity4life

the messiah?.....

i didnt say no blame, but majority goes to slade

no where near enuff blame for people to forget his 8th place finish being the best in TEN YEARS which is a DECADE

Skybluefaz

'tarnish 8th place'
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread