Jodi Jones - 100k? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Sure I remember people ridiculing Kieran Crowley when he said it was 6 figures

It's because people on Twitter and here know all transfer fees and the exact amount all our players earn.

covcity4life

For what? Making a mess of a league one promotion then building a league one relegation side with inept recruitment. Yes you are right I am truly thankful.

for buying a talent like jones for 100k u dickwad

but no, have a go at him for daring to have a good run before a bad run. should have just had a bad run like most of other managers who get off scot-free

Nick

Administrator
Let's not start this midlands discussion again.

giphy.gif

Irish Sky Blue

This is bollocks:

We lacked some defensive cover due to Mowbray's dreadful recruitment, but all of our better players stayed injury free pretty much
Lost 4 Centre halfs over the course of the season, Willis, Reda, Turner and Carrgil. I would say they were all pretty vital. Stokes was injured around February time and didn't play again properly until the end of last season. We also had Maddison out for 4 months after he made a major impact in the first few games. Maybe not the second half of the season but the injuries happened.

robbiekeane

but no, have a go at him for daring to have a good run before a bad run. should have just had a bad run like most of other managers who get off scot-free
They don't get off Scott free do they? They get acknowledged for fucking up and not being up to it.

The reason it's worse with Mowbray is he fucked it up so badly after being so high up in the league and playoffs were within touch. Yes he got us to that position - but we were in that position nonetheless. Fucking that up the way he did was unexcusable.
He then built a relegation standard team because he was aiming for championship standard players on a league one budget. He couldn't even see it through he left after 10 games because he knew what he and done.

I don't understand why you defend him so much....it is what it is he messed up move on.

stupot07

Lost 4 Centre halfs over the course of the season, Willis, Reda, Turner and Carrgil. I would say they were all pretty vital. Stokes was injured around February time and didn't play again properly until the end of last season. We also had Maddison out for 4 months after he made a major impact in the first few games. Maybe not the second half of the season but the injuries happened.
Turner was going to be recalled anyway. Cardiff played the Friday night and their centre back got injured, had turner come through the Saturday game unscathed he would have undoubtedly been recalled.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Garryb80

Can't you just accept that your beloved Tony royally ballsed up our best chance of promotion in years. He signed such high quality players as Henderson Hunt Ramage to name a few. He then sold Vincelot for what he claimed was beneficial to the team then signed nobody but a few loans and Sordell and Kwame Thomas. He spent a summer dithering trying to sign players who would never sign for us then left after 10 games without a win following on from the previous half season fiasco. He bought in Venus as his recruitment manager and look what happened there. How many permanent signings did Mowbray/Venus actually make that would be described as successful with the exception of Jones?
Aside from this though he signed 1 player of potential that, up to now has not really fulfilled it, yet you are lauding him as a top signing after realistically 1 good game! No wonder you rate Tony so highly if you base opinions on single games.

Irish Sky Blue

Turner was going to be recalled anyway. Cardiff played the Friday night and their centre back got injured, had turner come through the Saturday game unscathed he would have undoubtedly been recalled.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The fact is that it indicates the luck or lack of it that season that 4 centre halves, 5 if you count Stokes who did play centre half around Christmas time, were injured. Mowbray mentions this in the interview and it's true.

covcity4life

you guys are dumb as fuck. no one doubting he messed up at the end. what i am saying is he doesnt deserve more ridicule for failing after he got us a great start compared to a manager that failed from start to finish.

you never hear slade or venus name mentioned daily. just mowbrays

i do not respect your idiotic opinions on football when it comes to mowbray

Nick

Administrator
you guys are dumb as fuck. no one doubting he messed up at the end. what i am saying is he doesnt deserve more ridicule for failing after he got us a great start compared to a manager that failed from start to finish.

you never hear slade or venus name mentioned daily. just mowbrays

i do not respect your idiotic opinions on football when it comes to mowbray

So because he gave us a decent start he is above any criticism?

covcity4life

So because he gave us a decent start he is above any criticism?
thats not what i said at all is it? in fact my first sentence was no doubt he messed up.

now everyone is lauding jones but they dont want to say good signing because they only want to focus on negative recruitment.

JulianDarbyFTW

I've said this before, but I still like Mowbray. Pressley killed my love of football, and Mowbray brought it back . For that, he's okay in my eyes.

Last edited:

Garryb80

thats not what i said at all is it? in fact my first sentence was no doubt he messed up.

now everyone is lauding jones but they dont want to say good signing because they only want to focus on negative recruitment.
Im not lauding Jones after 1 good game. I am criticising Mowbray for having about 30 games of going from top 3 in League One to relegation zone with a fair worse squad. You have still failed to answer my question from my last post regarding the permanent signings he made that were successful too. I also mentioned Venus as a massive failure too so does this also make me a moron?
I expect you are the type who keep a girl even though she cheated 5 times because you had a good start to the relationship and cant accept you got her wrong.

covcity4life

Im not lauding Jones after 1 good game. I am criticising Mowbray for having about 30 games of going from top 3 in League One to relegation zone with a fair worse squad. You have still failed to answer my question from my last post regarding the permanent signings he made that were successful too. I also mentioned Venus as a massive failure too so does this also make me a moron?
I expect you are the type who keep a girl even though she cheated 5 times because you had a good start to the relationship and cant accept you got her wrong.

where have i said mowbray is great at recruitment? making things up are you? i am saying in a thread about jones where it looks like we got him for 100k that its something good mowbray has done on top of the 8th place finish. can give him praise too you know.

and i keep a girl who cheats 5 times because i like to watch her with another man....

Garryb80

where have i said mowbray is great at recruitment? making things up are you? i am saying in a thread about jones where it looks like we got him for 100k that its something good mowbray has done on top of the 8th place finish. can give him praise too you know.

and i keep a girl who cheats 5 times because i like to watch her with another man....
So Mowbray was good because he signed one player for a small amount that has had 1 good game? Explain what else he did that was so amazing please im dying to know. The 8th place finish isn't something to be proud of as we spent most of the season in the top 3/4. You cant find any other good things he did so are clinging to this one thing to fuel your obsession.

Skybluefaz

He's a bottle job. When he left he painted the picture that it was some great gesture to the club that he was walking and the club could do without having to pay him off. Now it's family reasons. In reality, he could see how much he'd buggered things up and did one before the inevitable happened, and ended up getting another club relegated. Congratulations Tony.

robbiekeane

what i am saying is he doesnt deserve more ridicule for failing after he got us a great start compared to a manager that failed from start to finish.
He get's the same ridicule as anyone else who had the same record as he did in 2016. You however then defend him saying "we still came 8th" or whatever it was. That is no consolation unfortunately

Grendel

Why ? Grendel has been saying it was considerably more than that

Well it either was or Mowbray spent £300,000 on someone else as transfer fees were £378,000 im the published accounts from memory.

ConnorDevine

I've said this before, but I still like Mowbray. Presley killed my love of football, and Mowbray brought it back . For that, he's okay in my eyes.

I'm with you on this, the first half of that season was the first time I'd enjoyed watching a cov side play for years and for me that's enough for me to remain fond of him. He dared to play proper football in league one and it almost paid off. I have no doubt if sisu had put some cash up to see us over the line in January he wouldn't have needed to sign Henderson and Ramage and could have bought some proper players

fernandopartridge

I'm right then. Thanks.

It was only really Stokes who was a big miss but Haynes was still at the club.

We had Jack Stephens on loan, the same lad who is playing regularly for a decent Southampton side now. Maddison wasn't even starting games towards the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread