"Jimmy Hillers". Stay away (1 Viewer)

NTFC

You don't realise it but by turning up to SIxfields you are inadvertently legitimising the move to Sixfields. Instead of a blanket boycott and starving SISU out you are keeping Coventry at Sixfields in the public consciousness and making a subconscious link which could become permanent.

Even calling it jimmy's hill is reinforcing the link between Coventry and Northampton

Either have the courage of your convictions and stay away completely or go the full way and pay to enter the ground. You are coming across as weak and not able to stop your football fix.

Respect to the proper "stay awayers".

It's SISU we are all dealing with so it's likely to become permanent anyway. Cardoza was warned when this move was first announced but did he take any notice? I think NTFC fans need to join in with protests at this ground sharing arrangement because SISU will suck you in, take over and spit you out - just my opinion though.

pusbccfc

Sadly I'm desperate to watch my team.
But I don't want to give a penny to sisu.

The hill suggest that fans want to support the team, yet not give sisu a penny.

NTFC

No the hill suggests you are anti SISU but do not have the balls to carry the protest through to its conclusion.

Ripbuster

Even calling it jimmy's hill is reinforcing the link between Coventry and Northampton

Either have the courage of your convictions and stay away completely or go the full way and pay to enter the ground. You are coming across as weak and not able to stop your football fix.

Respect to the proper "stay awayers".

"Heartbreak Ridge" seems more fitting.:(

The only way the Hill protest would really work is to have more on the hill than in the ground. 2000 singers on the hill would be amazing.

Ashdown1

I just can't see the point personally of standing on a windy grassy bank, watching half a game. I choose to withdraw my financial support until SISU have gone and will have to do other things on a Saturday until that happens, spending money on travel to Northampton will not be in that budget. The colder weather will soon put a stop to this form of protest anyway I suppose !

ps1948

Sadly, anyone who goes and watches from the hill is making a half-protest...."I will travel to Northampton, but won't give SISU any money".....it's the travelling to Northampton that's wrong. My opinion only

Sisued

Each to their own though. We are all fans and should do what ever we feel we need to do to get through this very difficult time.

Short of killing Fisher and blowing up sisus offices.........

blend

Disagree completely I think the message is clear. I want to support my team, but don't agree with paying our owners money or paying to get into someone elses ground.

Cobblers36

Travel to Northampton to protest about playing in Northampton.

Best way to get your message across is by nobody turning up, they'll soon realise at some point.

italiahorse

Sadly I'm desperate to watch my team.
But I don't want to give a penny to sisu.

The hill suggest that fans want to support the team, yet not give sisu a penny.

Especially on the radio it said they were running down the hill to get a better view of the penalty.

italiahorse

Best way to get your message across is by nobody turning up, they'll soon realise at some point.

Unless one week we all turn up. I can bring a portable generator and a small PA if someone can get a commentary from somewhere as I believe the internet feeds go down for the match.

ccfcway

realise maybe, do something about it, maybe not !

at some point, we need to work out a legal way to protest and hold up the fixture, that would do it !

chiefdave

I'm not going to stand on the hill every week but if the talk of a protest there at the Sky game comes good I will certainly be there for that game.

Feel it's a bit off to critise people for going to Northampton and protesting, people feel the need to do something and should be free to do that without other fans telling them they're doing the wrong thing. If we're going to be critical of any fans those that choose to fund SISU through attendance at the Sixfields games are way higher up on my list than those who chose to exercise their right to peacefully protest.

Weren't you on here not long ago saying we should only protest in London as that will be the only way to get media attention? There was plenty of media attention at the weekend and a fair amount of it featured those fans on the hill so what they are doing is effective in highlighting our situation.

Going to NTFC and protesting on a hill is somehow endorsing the move and will make other fans think it's OK to attend games? I'm pretty sure most other fans have the intelligence to realise that Coventry City should be in Coventry not Northampton, there's a little clue in the name for those that are slightly slow on the uptake.

How much press coverage is staying away going to get as the season progresses, I would think not much. However if even a couple of hundred show up to protest at the Sky game there is a good chance that will get coverage.

Think you're missing the point, the protest is not about playing in Northampton as such, if we genuinely had nowhere to play I'm sure the vast majority would be more than happy we had Northampton to play at. People who choose to go to NTFC but not go in are wanting to show that they are willing to travel to Northampton and it's not just a case that they can't be bothered but that its actually that they are not prepared to fund our owners.

ccfcway

cheesed off with the whole bloody thing to be honest.

Of course Northmapton dont want us anywhere near there.

Personally we need to look at how we delay a kick off on a saturday. If we have a slow car drive, legally slowing down those getting to the ground on time, and they have to delay kick off 15 mins, there would certainly be some attention on that !

Delboycov

I agree with that...one of our arguments although far from the main one is the distance we have to travel to 'home games' and the inconvenience and extra costs this incurs. By travelling in numbers then I think we forfeit that argument.

By the way, how are NTFC fans seeing the situation now? Spoke to a few when this shambles blew up and they genuinely believed they were helping us out. Do they now realise you've just been used by our owners to get what they want? Any pressure from your fans being put on the club and the chairman in particular?

L

longjohnskyblue

Agree it has to be all or nothing. NOPM starve them out.

Cobblers36

I think in general NTFC fans are kind of 'meh' about the whole situation. Probably the biggest frustration NTFC fans have is from Coventry fans coming onto our message board and preaching to us. I think everyone realises the situation you guys are in is wrong and would probably rather our club not got involved but they have and what is done is done. The preaching just makes things worse, as far as all facts state we are not in bed with anyone and we have a straightforward watertight deal - maybe it will all go tits up but we'll address that if and when it happens, all we hear from CCFC fans is 'beware your club is going to get ruined, etc etc' It gets kinda grating from our end as it's not going to achieve anything.

We mainly want to concentrate on our own team now and development of our stadium, the Coventry thing detracted from that initially but the initial furore has died down.

In all honesty it doesn't really effect us, there was no disruption on Sunday at all, local pubs/eateries were much busier than they usually would be on a Sunday afternoon so good for them as a business.

It's a real shame what has happened and it shouldn't have been allowed, the main issue being the childishness of both sides involved. I hope one of them sees sense for your sake.

skybluebal

I'm not going to stand on the hill every week but if the talk of a protest there at the Sky game comes good I will certainly be there for that game.

Feel it's a bit off to critise people for going to Northampton and protesting, people feel the need to do something and should be free to do that without other fans telling them they're doing the wrong thing. If we're going to be critical of any fans those that choose to fund SISU through attendance at the Sixfields games are way higher up on my list than those who chose to exercise their right to peacefully protest.

Weren't you on here not long ago saying we should only protest in London as that will be the only way to get media attention? There was plenty of media attention at the weekend and a fair amount of it featured those fans on the hill so what they are doing is effective in highlighting our situation.

Going to NTFC and protesting on a hill is somehow endorsing the move and will make other fans think it's OK to attend games? I'm pretty sure most other fans have the intelligence to realise that Coventry City should be in Coventry not Northampton, there's a little clue in the name for those that are slightly slow on the uptake.

How much press coverage is staying away going to get as the season progresses, I would think not much. However if even a couple of hundred show up to protest at the Sky game there is a good chance that will get coverage.

Think you're missing the point, the protest is not about playing in Northampton as such, if we genuinely had nowhere to play I'm sure the vast majority would be more than happy we had Northampton to play at. People who choose to go to NTFC but not go in are wanting to show that they are willing to travel to Northampton and it's not just a case that they can't be bothered but that its actually that they are not prepared to fund our owners.

It's certainly a difficult one. Chiefdave has some valid points and if everyone protests individually, in a small group, or mass demo- surely that is good. It must be up to SBT to organise the big stuff.

I am against calling it Jimmy's Hill - that's very wrong in my opinion.

Keeping our plight in the spotlight is the key here . Else they will soon forget us and so will everyone else.

PUSB NOPM

Cobblers36

It's easy for us as NTFC fans to sit here and say 'don't do that, do this' etc We aren't in your position and hopefully never will be - do what feels right and will make a difference.

The times when we have had troubles has mainly been down to lack of money so it's easier to co-ordinate protests and money raising activities etc.

Wm65

I think rather than getting publicity standing on the hill those that go and stand there will be laughed at as quite ridiculous and stupid - sisu nor sky tv will give a toss and you will be wasting your time.

Either go to sixfields and support the team in the ground or stay away totally - standing outside is petty, stupid and quite frankly a joke!

I also think that if Presley puts a winning team on the pitch then people will go to sixfields and support the team - forget the ricoh - if its a new stadium so be it ,

The season is underway so lets concentrate on the football and the team - acl and sisu cannot and will not patch things up - time to move on and accept it.

Last edited:

adamdav68

I think in general NTFC fans are kind of 'meh' about the whole situation. Probably the biggest frustration NTFC fans have is from Coventry fans coming onto our message board and preaching to us. I think everyone realises the situation you guys are in is wrong and would probably rather our club not got involved but they have and what is done is done. The preaching just makes things worse, as far as all facts state we are not in bed with anyone and we have a straightforward watertight deal - maybe it will all go tits up but we'll address that if and when it happens, all we hear from CCFC fans is 'beware your club is going to get ruined, etc etc' It gets kinda grating from our end as it's not going to achieve anything.

We mainly want to concentrate on our own team now and development of our stadium, the Coventry thing detracted from that initially but the initial furore has died down.

In all honesty it doesn't really effect us, there was no disruption on Sunday at all, local pubs/eateries were much busier than they usually would be on a Sunday afternoon so good for them as a business.

It's a real shame what has happened and it shouldn't have been allowed, the main issue being the childishness of both sides involved. I hope one of them sees sense for your sake.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Sadly, anyone who goes and watches from the hill is making a half-protest...."I will travel to Northampton, but won't give SISU any money".....it's the travelling to Northampton that's wrong. My opinion only

I completely agree with the OP, and this reply reflects my view.

Watching from the hill says to SISU 'ill travel to Northampton to watch a home game, but won't give SISU anymore money'.

The whole principle of 'Keep Coventry in Coventry' is that fans won't travel outside of Coventry.

Going down, even with not giving SISU any money, kinda defeats the object of the 'campaign'.

Users who are viewing this thread