"Jimmy Hillers". Stay away (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I think in general NTFC fans are kind of 'meh' about the whole situation. Probably the biggest frustration NTFC fans have is from Coventry fans coming onto our message board and preaching to us.

I think the 'meh' response has caused some frustration to those fans coming onto your boards. Given that other clubs fans, Walsall in particular, were very vocal in their support of the Coventry fans and made it clear to their own boards that they were not happy with any proposed groundshare the lack of reaction from NTFC, in particular a not very strongly worded statement from your supporters trust, was disappointing to a lot of our fans. The prevailing attitude came across as 'so long as we make a few quid who cares what happens to Coventry' and that probably explains why some of our keyboard warriors have decided to have a pop.

It's easy for us as NTFC fans to sit here and say 'don't do that, do this' etc We aren't in your position and hopefully never will be - do what feels right and will make a difference.

I hope you're never in this position either, wouldn't even wish this on Villa! No one will ever be able to get every single fan to do the same thing so trying to stop the handful of people who feel the need to go to Sixfields every week to protest is going to be hard work.

SonOfSnoz

Funny, how fans fork out to travel to Northampton & fund the town by going to the boozer or chippy, yet claim NOPM?
At the same time, do a scrooge but follow the game from the hill?
Either, pay up fully & support the team or stay away!

NorthernWisdom

I think the 'meh' response has caused some frustration to those fans coming onto your boards. Given that other clubs fans, Walsall in particular, were very vocal in their support of the Coventry fans and made it clear to their own boards that they were not happy with any proposed groundshare the lack of reaction from NTFC, in particular a not very strongly worded statement from your supporters trust, was disappointing to a lot of our fans. The prevailing attitude came across as 'so long as we make a few quid who cares what happens to Coventry' and that probably explains why some of our keyboard warriors have decided to have a pop.

tbf we'd have been on stronger ground in such a statement if we'd not taken such a massive following to MK Dons and boasted about what a great following it was.

Swings and roundabouts, getting fans to care about any team other than their own ain't that easy.

Nonleagueherewecome

Didn't Hilliers use to play for Arsenal?

fernandopartridge

Funny, how fans fork out to travel to Northampton & fund the town by going to the boozer or chippy, yet claim NOPM?
At the same time, do a scrooge but follow the game from the hill?
Either, pay up fully & support the team or stay away!

What on earth are you waffling on about? Do you understand the concept of NOPM?

Nonleagueherewecome

Congratulations on winning the inaugural SBT "Miserable Bastard of the Month" competition. And you call me tedious?

SonOfSnoz

Yes, not one penny more to Sisu!
So why waste that on Northampton's economy?
Sisu took us to Northampton!
I was at the Ricoh match, guess what, it supported Coventry's economy & helped former COV players & charities!
Comprende?

Covstu

I hope you're never in this position either, wouldn't even wish this on Villa! No one will ever be able to get every single fan to do the same thing so trying to stop the handful of people who feel the need to go to Sixfields every week to protest is going to be hard work.

Lets face it, we were all like 'meh' when portsmouth were in the same position, we had a 3000 page thread of them which didnt give them our overwelming support! Lets face it it isnt totally important to other fans until it happens to your own club.

fernandopartridge

I was at the Ricoh match, guess what, it supported Coventry's economy & helped former COV players & charities!
Comprende?

Yep - NOPM to SISU or anywhere where she may lie

skybluebal

Lets face it, we were all like 'meh' when portsmouth were in the same position, we had a 3000 page thread of them which didnt give them our overwelming support! Lets face it it isnt totally important to other fans until it happens to your own club.
That's the usual way. I certainly have a different view on things now and understand the pain of ALL those clubs.

duffer

Actually I don't think that going and standing on the hill dilutes the protest at all.

What it says to me is that we love the club sufficiently to spend our hard earned cash travelling down here to watch them (even with a crap view from the top of a hill), but we hate SISU so much that we're not going to give them a single penny.

That's a pretty simple message to my mind.

Why NTFC fans have to stick their oar in here, I don't know. I've no gripe against them personally, but it's a free country and CCFC fans are free to protest or not protest as they see fit (and within the law).

I'm not sure a post from a NTFC fan that starts "Stay Away" helps out much. We'd like nothing better than to stay away - unfortunately your chairman saw the chance of making a few bob and so there we are. If we're bothering you that much maybe you could complain to your chairman about involving your club in our mess - have you done that yet?

James Smith

Comprende?
So long as I'm not giving the money to SISU then if I spend it getting smashed off my face or buying DVDs from cash converters or whatever wherever I will enjoy myself far more than I ever would if I was giving the cash to SISU.

It's easy for us as NTFC fans to sit here and say 'don't do that, do this' etc We aren't in your position and hopefully never will be - do what feels right and will make a difference.

The times when we have had troubles has mainly been down to lack of money so it's easier to co-ordinate protests and money raising activities etc.

And hopefully you will never be in our position. But if you are, and it is not beyond the realms of possibility, you too will be looking for support from the wider football family. Will you get it? Maybe, if you show in your actions that you helped a fellow club ie us, in our hour of need. The apparent shrug of the shoulders and the acceptance of the 30 pieces of SISU silver would not give me a reason to back you or yours, should the unspeakable ever happen to you.

NTFC

And hopefully you will never be in our position. But if you are, and it is not beyond the realms of possibility, you too will be looking for support from the wider football family. Will you get it? Maybe, if you show in your actions that you helped a fellow club ie us, in our hour of need. The apparent shrug of the shoulders and the acceptance of the 30 pieces of SISU silver would not give me a reason to back you or yours, should the unspeakable ever happen to you.

In 1992 we too entered administration, owned by a very dodgy guy and were only minutes away from going out of existence. Funnily enough I can't remember our band of brothers from Coventry rallying to our call. I'd say you comment about helping a fellow football club is unbelievably crass since we set up the first ever supporters trust and Brian Lomax a Cobblers fan almost single handedly sent the message GLOBALLY.

You will struggle to find a football club anywhere for involved with the supporters movement.

You wanna get your facts straight.

Nick

Administrator
In 1992 we too entered administration, owned by a very dodgy guy and were only minutes away from going out of existence. Funnily enough I can't remember our band of brothers from Coventry rallying to our call. I'd say you comment about helping a fellow football club is unbelievably crass since we set up the first ever supporters trust and Brian Lomax a Cobblers fan almost single handedly sent the message GLOBALLY.

You will struggle to find a football club anywhere for involved with the supporters movement.

I can't remember mini buses of City fans driving down to Luton etc when other teams have been in the shite to be fair.

simple_simon

If people wish to stand on top of that hill (on the road bit) and make a statement then its there choice, just like some people feel that they must go to the game in Northampton.

Its very difficult for a lot us not to do anything at all and as long as its peacfull I cannot see what harm it will do having a little sing song on a hill. Will change nothing but personally it would make me feel better.

NTFC

The reason a lot of cobblers fans are blasé about the situation is because as your fans seem to be huddling around the carcass of a dead entity. SISU ACL and the FL have killed your club. There might be the small chance that you may be taken over but with the mess SISU have installed who would want to do that?

The quicker you set up a phoenix club and move back into the Ricoh with it the better. It will take a few years to get back to where you belong but much better to have control of your OWN club.

Stop holding out for a mystery investor and take control of your own destiny. Will be better playing in the dog and duck league with supporter control of your club than in League 1 with SISU.

letsallsingtogether

Yes start up a phoenix Club then you can have Covampton united owned by Sisu they are a very devious bunch watch out your owner has sold us out for a few pence wait until they offer him a few Quid he will be off like a shot.........

The reason a lot of cobblers fans are blasé about the situation is because as your fans seem to be huddling around the carcass of a dead entity. SISU ACL and the FL have killed your club. There might be the small chance that you may be taken over but with the mess SISU have installed who would want to do that?

The quicker you set up a phoenix club and move back into the Ricoh with it the better. It will take a few years to get back to where you belong but much better to have control of your OWN club.

Stop holding out for a mystery investor and take control of your own destiny. Will be better playing in the dog and duck league with supporter control of your club than in League 1 with SISU.

duffer

Although in fairness if the reverse had happened and you'd been turfed out, and we'd 'rescued' you to play at the Ricoh, I hope you would have found more of our fans willing to be critical of our owner's actions than you seem to be against yours.

I probably wouldn't have objected to you protesting at the Ricoh when you were playing there either, in that scenario.

I'm not saying that would've happened mind, most fans care only for their own clubs.

You're welcome to do the same, but don't expect to escape criticism if you simultaenously take that line whilst coming on here to 'advise' on our actions.

duffer

Actually, some of us want to fight for our club. It's not dead yet. Being blase means that you probably can't see that.

I'm happy enough to debate the why's and wherefores of this with Cov fans who care - but I don't really see the need for advice from someone who is mostly looking out for their own club. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread